United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 10-03-2024, 06:56 PM
jem

liverpool have a far easier run in that arsenal. think a city win would have been best.

Unread 10-03-2024, 07:11 PM
AK14

Liverpool just sprinting around the pitch in the final minutes like it was a few minutes in…

Unread 10-03-2024, 07:37 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
Liverpool just sprinting around the pitch in the final minutes like it was a few minutes in…

Means more innit

Unread 10-03-2024, 07:49 PM
Dr Stranger

Notions that city would stroll it were fanciful. They never do. For all their dominance in recent years, they’ve never won there (not counting an empty stadium). They invariably shit themselves to some degree. They’ll never get a better chance than today with that Liverpool 11 and then taking the lead. In the end, they were lucky not to lose it.

As others have said, you have to hand it to Liverpool. Their intensity never drops, regardless of who they have missing. They’ll be extremely difficult to stop in a run in. They’ve got favourable fixtures and it’s City v Arsenal next

Toss of a coin for me, Jeff.

Unread 10-03-2024, 08:02 PM
marlo

Look at this ABU puff peice.

Unread 10-03-2024, 08:03 PM
magic_cantona

Literally sick of hearing Neville £#%&!ing himself off over Liverpool now tbh.

Unread 10-03-2024, 09:45 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Lodbrok View Post
Big Ange is better than our bald fraud though.
Nice to have your in-put on this thread, Jardon Sancho

Unread 10-03-2024, 09:53 PM
marlo

sparky…

do you remember when i said city aren’t very good this season and you said “treble winners this and that”

and we are the ones with the manager working miracles. Crazy innit!

Unread 10-03-2024, 10:44 PM
Msgr A Brook

Jesus, what a Sophie's Choice of a run in this is going to be.

Unread 11-03-2024, 12:06 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgr A Brook View Post
Jesus, what a Sophie's Choice of a run in this is going to be.
Is it?

Surely every sane United fan is backing Arsenal - in Arteta we trust

Unread 11-03-2024, 01:25 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
We're getting Fourth.....

It's on...
Spurs could be 12 points ahead of us before we kick off at Brentford on March 30. There is also their game in hand with Chelsea too.

Unread 11-03-2024, 08:57 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
Is it?

You obviously missed that thread earlier in the season, pretty eye opening. Plenty of Liverpool before Arsenal, can only imagine JCL/internet 'fans'.

Edit: and don't call me Shirley.

Unread 11-03-2024, 09:44 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
You obviously missed that thread earlier in the season, pretty eye opening. Plenty of Liverpool before Arsenal, can only imagine JCL/internet 'fans'.

Edit: and don't call me Shirley.
Seem to remember a few saying Arteta and Arsenal fans would be unbearable. Have I imagined that? Seems incredible to even set that out in words given the alternatives.

Still can’t see past city winning it but will be delighted if they don’t even if the rats manage it. Until they’re appropriately punished for doing their level best to completely £#%&! the sport in this country and in Europe forever, they can £#%&! off. Imagine having the mindset to cheat in every way possible and then obstruct the truth coming out in every way possible just so your club can win a few things. Where’s the glory in that? For me it’s mind blown stuff.

Liverpool winning it would be awful in tribal football terms (which everyone can’t seemingly see past) but would see a proper club winning it in the proper way.

That’s what we all want united to achieve.

Anyway, we’re all gooners now….

Unread 11-03-2024, 12:45 PM
Zorg

Ah, the annual 'would you rather cancer or AIDS won the premier league' conundrum

Unread 11-03-2024, 01:07 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Ah, the annual 'would you rather cancer or AIDS won the premier league' conundrum
Bad AIDS - up the Arsenal

Unread 11-03-2024, 04:47 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Lodbrok View Post
Spurs have a tough run of games soon too. We only need top five.
Surely we need English teams to outperform German and Italian ones in European competitions

Unread 11-03-2024, 09:11 PM
Msgr A Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
Is it?

Yeah, Arsenal disgust me, an absolute fanny of a football club.

Unread 11-03-2024, 09:33 PM
Dr Stranger

Carragher again pushing this notion that Liverpool v City has been some tit for tat rivalry in recent years, despite winning one of the last six. Reminds me of when they used to include Andy Murray in ‘the big four’.

Unread 11-03-2024, 09:45 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
https://x.com/skysportspl/status/176...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

Carragher again pushing this notion that Liverpool v City has been some tit for tat rivalry in recent years, despite winning one of the last six. Reminds me of when they used to include Andy Murray in ‘the big four’.
Listened to the Stick to Football episode earlier where they were talking about their European experiences. Ian Wright had the sense to only talk about the cup winners' cup but you'd have thought Carragher was Paolo Maldini.

'It's weird, for some reason we never felt overawed by teams in the UEFA Cup'. Yes Jamie, that's because you played absolute nobodies like Alaves and Olympiacos, while we were going toe-to-toe with Zidane's Juventus and the Real Madrid of Figo and Roberto Carlos

Unread 12-03-2024, 08:54 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Listened to the Stick to Football episode earlier where they were talking about their European experiences. Ian Wright had the sense to only talk about the cup winners' cup but you'd have thought Carragher was Paolo Maldini.

'It's weird, for some reason we never felt overawed by teams in the UEFA Cup'. Yes Jamie, that's because you played absolute nobodies like Alaves and Olympiacos, while we were going toe-to-toe with Zidane's Juventus and the Real Madrid of Figo and Roberto Carlos
They have their image, don’t they? Neville downplays his ability and achievements, to the point where Micah Richards thinks he’s better than him. Carragher seems to double down on his achievements. Probably because he has to in comparison to Neville. He’s far FAR more biased too. He can’t help himself.

I tried listening to that for the Ole interview. Could barely get through it. The forced bantz was unbearable. And they were all eating at the start