View Poll Results: erik ten hag
in 55 55.00%
out 45 45.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 10-03-2024, 07:39 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
I was hoping that by surprise he was thinking more along the lines of ‘lottery win’ than ‘shart’.

Unread 10-03-2024, 09:52 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
Has to be a joke. Him and rashford together? Frank and Beans??

Unread 11-03-2024, 12:00 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
I'm flip flopping every 3 hours on him tbh. Yesterday's game was typical of him and us.

Everton are absolutely dog shit and if it wasn't for the woeful standards of last years bottom 3 and this seasons bottom clubs, they wouldn't be a Premier League team. They came to Old Trafford and had more chances and could've won if they had a goalscorer.

Then I think "The injuries" and how we can't ever play a cohesive first choice 11. And certainly not for more than 2 games in a row.

The football is dire - again, is that down to the scale of the injuries?

We can't dominate ANYONE.

There are 3 signings which are Eth signings that are criminal/baffling - is that down to EtH having no competent people around him?

Sack him - who comes in?

Genuinely find it hard to stick to either in or out.
I think some need to bear in mind all the off-field business in the past year. Its surely no coincidence that our form plummeted once it became plausible that the gimps were going to try to hold on for grim death despite previous optimism that they were about to sell. Could we really not expect the resultant smell of death that settled on the club not to affect the playing staff as well?

And since SJR has offered at least hope of a way out, performances *have* improved. Even if only a bit.

Unread 11-03-2024, 01:57 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
I think some need to bear in mind all the off-field business in the past year. Its surely no coincidence that our form plummeted once it became plausible that the gimps were going to try to hold on for grim death despite previous optimism that they were about to sell. Could we really not expect the resultant smell of death that settled on the club not to affect the playing staff as well?

And since SJR has offered at least hope of a way out, performances *have* improved. Even if only a bit.

and from the ashes a new excuse.

perfect conditions , perfect players (that he doesn’t chose as his choices are shit), every player fully fit, and then and only then we can play some decent football and look like a team on the pitch. Only then though.

p.s performances improved. have you watched us lately?
beaten and out played by Fulham at home, training season for city and Everton who are shit didn’t look shit against us.

Unread 11-03-2024, 03:48 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

and from the ashes a new excuse.

perfect conditions , perfect players (that he doesn’t chose as his choices are shit), every player fully fit, and then and only then we can play some decent football and look like a team on the pitch. Only then though.

p.s performances improved. have you watched us lately?
beaten and out played by Fulham at home, training season for city and Everton who are shit didn’t look shit against us.
He loved peddling the ownership issue out as a way at of making in look in touch with being a United fan. Can you imagine anyone of these players giving a £#%&! who owns us

“Good morning Bruno how are you today?”
“Not good boss I see there’s still been no decision made, I really want big Jim in…”

Unread 11-03-2024, 08:51 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
He loved peddling the ownership issue out as a way at of making in look in touch with being a United fan. Can you imagine anyone of these players giving a £#%&! who owns us

“Not good boss I see there’s still been no decision made, I really want big Jim in…”
That's as daft as me suggesting you are advocating for keeping, or 'enabling' the Glazers with that post.

If you don't think its a factor then you don't understand how effective organisations work.

Personally I'm not convinced its enough of an excuse, but its certainly relevant and can't be flippantly dismissed.

Unread 11-03-2024, 08:58 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
That's as daft as me suggesting you are advocating for keeping, or 'enabling' the Glazers with that post.

If you don't think its a factor then you don't understand how effective organisations work.

Personally I'm not convinced its enough of an excuse, but its certainly relevant and can't be flippantly dismissed.
I think the difference is I live in the real world where millionaire pampered footballers don’t give a flying £#%&! about anything other than the millions of pounds they’re making. You seem to live in a nostalgic fantasy world where things like the stadium matter and players from Brazil actually give two £#%&!s about Manchester United.

I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, each to their own.

Unread 11-03-2024, 09:46 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
I think the difference is I live in the real world where millionaire pampered footballers don’t give a flying £#%&! about anything other than the millions of pounds they’re making. You seem to live in a nostalgic fantasy world where things like the stadium matter and players from Brazil actually give two £#%&!s about Manchester United.

So you think there are no players that are looking around at United, bringing in Johnny Evans while City have 4 world class centre backs, and they're definitely not wondering what the £#%&! they're doing at the club?

The stadium probably doesn't bother any of them but the rest of the shit show will. As if they're not looking around at the state of the squad and they're desperate for a total change of how things are?

We seemed to have Jude Bellingham close to signing and then someone close to him has probably said "Mate, Ed Woodward and the Glazers? Come on now." The owners and the state of everything at the club definitely affects some of the players. Some of these injuries and down turn in performances are 100% pure despair. Casemiro has turned to dogshit in 5 months. It's not because he's suddenly hit 31.

Unread 11-03-2024, 09:51 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Casemiro has turned to dogshit in 5 months. It's not because he's suddenly hit 31.
Could he be dismayed by the manager or is that the one thing we should never consider?

Unread 11-03-2024, 09:52 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Pretty sure he doesn’t live in that world.

Boiled down very simply, the glazers didn’t have a clue about how to run a football club and they employed an investment banker who also didn’t have a clue either. That meant that we didn’t have the right structures or people in place to make informed and considered opinions when it came to recruitment, training, managerial appointments, investment in the right areas etc.

It’s fairly obvious and straightforward stuff. Players ultimately will want to play for ambitious clubs with best in class managers more than they will for basket case clubs. The only way for crap clubs to secure those players is to pay more but that leads to the wrong characters being recruited and discontentment in the dressing room.

United is an absolute case study in how to get it wrong off the field well before Fergie left. It’s massively relevant to why we are where we are.

Unread 11-03-2024, 09:56 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Ed Woodward

Players care about

a) can I win trophies here, fulfill my potential
b) earn what I’m worth (more than I’m worth) and/or will I get the max I possibly can for my ability
c) kind of connected to the above - what’s the coach like where am I gonna play/how often do I think I’ll play

Maybe there a difference in order depending on the player.

Is Ed Woodward in charge will be somewhere down the list alongside what colour is the ketchup.

*goes without saying that a basket case of a club can impact on A) however Manchester United is still Manchester United and will always be challenging for trophies.

Unread 11-03-2024, 10:42 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
Pretty sure he doesn’t live in that world.

Boiled down very simply, the glazers didn’t have a clue about how to run a football club and they employed an investment banker who also didn’t have a clue either. That meant that we didn’t have the right structures or people in place to make informed and considered opinions when it came to recruitment, training, managerial appointments, investment in the right areas etc.

It’s fairly obvious and straightforward stuff. Players ultimately will want to play for ambitious clubs with best in class managers more than they will for basket case clubs. The only way for crap clubs to secure those players is to pay more but that leads to the wrong characters being recruited and discontentment in the dressing room.

United is an absolute case study in how to get it wrong off the field well before Fergie left. It’s massively relevant to why we are where we are.
100%

Some players won't give a £#%&!, some definitely will. Maybe with Rafcliffe and his infrastructure, we'll be better and better equipped when it comes to elite talent wanting to play for United again.

Unread 11-03-2024, 10:47 AM
shenwen

The only thing players care about with the owners is whether they'll be giving them a new and improved contract.

Unread 11-03-2024, 10:56 AM
marlo

Quote:
100%

Some players won't give a £#%&!, some definitely will. Maybe with Rafcliffe and his infrastructure, we'll be better and better equipped when it comes to elite talent wanting to play for United again.
We can start off by getting a manager that doesn’t need perfect conditions to succeed.

You know a manager that can actually get a team playing consistently well.

Our squad is good enough to be in the top 4 and shouldnt be getting outplayed EVERYGAME.
We went down to newport and even they were coming back from 2 goals down.
our squad is not as bad at ETH is having us perform which says more about him.

Look at spurs. we talk of injuries , they came to OT with 7 starters out and played much better than us have 65 percent possession. They lost their best player to the Asia cup, their only top midfielder out for 3 months yet they not stunk up the place every game…
the manager hasn’t got 25 of his own players etc

If we are gonna start a new regime of best in class start with the manager.

Quote:

Unread 11-03-2024, 11:24 AM
believe

Quote:
100%

Do you think Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund are elite talent? Because I’m sure that’s what they’ve been labeled as over the last few weeks along with how much they love playing for the club. Same as been said about virtually every player at some point during their time here. Which is a bit weird considering how much concern they have about the structure above them.

Unread 11-03-2024, 11:35 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Do you think Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund are elite talent? Because I’m sure that’s what they’ve been labeled as over the last few weeks along with how much they love playing for the club. Same as been said about virtually every player at some point during their time here. Which is a bit weird considering how much concern they have about the structure above them.
Mainoo was at the academy and wasn't a signing, Garnacho joined our academy at 15 or 16 and Hojlund wasn't sought after by all of Europe, was he?

Answer this, if Wayne Rooney was 18 now and had his pick of which clubs to join, would he join United?

Unread 11-03-2024, 12:17 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
We can start off by getting a manager that doesn’t need perfect conditions to succeed.

You know a manager that can actually get a team playing consistently well.

Our squad is good enough to be in the top 4 and shouldnt be getting outplayed EVERYGAME.
We went down to newport and even they were coming back from 2 goals down.
our squad is not as bad at ETH is having us perform which says more about him.

Look at spurs. we talk of injuries , they came to OT with 7 starters out and played much better than us have 65 percent possession. They lost their best player to the Asia cup, their only top midfielder out for 3 months yet they not stunk up the place every game…
the manager hasn’t got 25 of his own players etc

If we are gonna start a new regime of best in class start with the manager.

Funny. Because the modern manager, especially the one down the road, needs exactly this.

Unread 11-03-2024, 12:33 PM
Lok

Quote:
Casemiro has turned to dogshit in 5 months. It's not because he's suddenly hit 31.
That's the fault of the Glazers and not the manager?!?

Unread 11-03-2024, 12:42 PM
magic_cantona

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok View Post
That's the fault of the Glazers and not the manager?!?
I said it was 'the whole shit show' tbf.

Unread 11-03-2024, 12:49 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
Ed Woodward

Players care about

a) can I win trophies here, fulfill my potential
First thing Casimero, Eriksen Evans and Varane would have thought of
in fact I shudder to think how they must risked injury tossing and turning
over it