United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:23 PM
legendary saf

Default Wes Brown goes off to Toon

Wes Brown is expected to end his 11-year association with Manchester United by moving to Newcastle as a free agent next summer.

The defender is stalling on a new contract from the Barclays Premier League champions and has told friends that he will not sign.

With United refusing to increase their offer, Brown has accepted that he will have to leave Old Trafford when his current deal expires at the end of the season.

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce has long been a fan of the 28-year-old England defender and has been monitoring his situation since the summer.

It is understood that Newcastle's former United players, Nicky Butt and Alan Smith, have helped persuade Brown to go.

Ironically, his decision to sever ties with his only club comes as he is enjoying an extended run at right back in place of injured club captain Gary Neville.

But he is upset that his £40,000-aweek wage falls some way behind team-mates and knows that manager Sir Alex Ferguson has enquired about Bayern Munich's Willy Sagnol and Philip Lahm.

Brown is rated by Ferguson as one of the best defenders in the country but he has endured a stop-start career since his debut nine years ago, largely because of the form of Neville and a wretched injury record.

He has been affected by Ferguson's refusal to improve his contract offer and his form has suffered. On Sunday at Liverpool he was, by some distance, United's worst outfield player.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1779

£#%&!ing @#%&!.

I really hope a club makes a bid for him in January. @#%&!ish to leave on a free transfer after everything the clubs paid him all these years especially was he was injured for quite a lot of time.

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:26 PM
red @rmy

Can't blame the lad, good luck to him.

Been a great servant.

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Can't blame the lad.
For what?

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:27 PM
hopkins

Great journalism there, not a single quote

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:28 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Wes Brown is expected to end his 11-year association with Manchester United by moving to Newcastle as a free agent next summer.

The defender is stalling on a new contract from the Barclays Premier League champions and has told friends that he will not sign.

With United refusing to increase their offer, Brown has accepted that he will have to leave Old Trafford when his current deal expires at the end of the season.

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce has long been a fan of the 28-year-old England defender and has been monitoring his situation since the summer.

It is understood that Newcastle's former United players, Nicky Butt and Alan Smith, have helped persuade Brown to go.

Ironically, his decision to sever ties with his only club comes as he is enjoying an extended run at right back in place of injured club captain Gary Neville.

But he is upset that his £40,000-aweek wage falls some way behind team-mates and knows that manager Sir Alex Ferguson has enquired about Bayern Munich's Willy Sagnol and Philip Lahm.

Brown is rated by Ferguson as one of the best defenders in the country but he has endured a stop-start career since his debut nine years ago, largely because of the form of Neville and a wretched injury record.

He has been affected by Ferguson's refusal to improve his contract offer and his form has suffered. On Sunday at Liverpool he was, by some distance, United's worst outfield player.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1779

£#%&!ing @#%&!.

I really hope a club makes a bid for him in January. @#%&!ish to leave on a free transfer after everything the clubs paid him all these years especially was he was injured for quite a lot of time.

what do you expect him to do?

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:28 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
For what?
For being a greedy piece of shit??

Vidic is getting 50k according to most sources in his new contract, he's a first team regular. When we sign a decent right back or Gary Neville makes a miraculous recovery, the orange headed mediocre player will be rendered useless for most of the time so why does he think he's worthy of being paid as much as our good players???

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:29 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches

legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
The least he could do is make himself avaliable to leave the club for a transfer fee in January, whatever it is. Its better than getting nothing in the summer for a player United have invested so much time and money in.

believe

Quote:
and knows that manager Sir Alex Ferguson has enquired about Bayern Munich's Willy Sagnol and Philip Lahm.
i'd like to know what his £#%&!ing username is.

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Ed Sullivan

Top lad and I hope he doesn't go but shows that unlike the knee jerk @#%&!s on here it wasn't about money, more about wanting to play.

I don't believe it's true yet anyway and he's been fantastic cover for Nev.

Bring on some youtube bloke who has fantastic pace and let's get rid of a local lad

rebelcountyred

i like wes, i like his attitude and i know that he is a local lad but he is a weak link in the present squad, very poor last sunday, newcastle would be a good move for him.

Ed Sullivan

Quote:

Vidic is getting 50k according to most sources in his new contract, he's a first team regular. When we sign a decent right back or Gary Neville makes a miraculous recovery, the orange headed mediocre player will be rendered useless for most of the time so why does he think he's worthy of being paid as much as our good players???

How do you know it's about money you tool?

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:31 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
i like wes, i like his attitude and i know that he is a local lad but he is a weak link in the present squad, very poor last sunday, newcastle would be a good move for him.
garbage. Complete rubbish.

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Manchester

Wes won't be going anywhere. He just needs to sort out his agents fee in the new package and all will be well

red @rmy

Quote:

You bitter @#%&!. You should be ashamed.

If he's as useless as you say, why the £#%&!ing slating of the lad.

He wants to play every week, United can't guarentee that, end of.

poppy

He's 28 now. It's probably his last chance to make himself financially secure for the rest of his life. I'm sure he'd have preferred to have done that with United but you can't blame him for opting for the few mill signing on fee and a hefty wage increase.

We'd all do the same in his position, no matter how easy it is to sit here and say we wouldn't.

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:33 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
garbage. Complete rubbish.
great argument, i'm totally convinced

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:36 PM
believe

Quote:
i was going to agree with him and then i realised this thread isn't about shite bands.

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
our defence this season has been good with him being a vital member. He hasn't played well every game but has most. There are other players in the team who have given less so far.

He's a great addition to the squad as he can play two defensive positions and saves us throwing O'Shea in there.

Hope he stays and proves the dismissives wrong.

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchester
Wes won't be going anywhere. He just needs to sort out his agents fee in the new package and all will be well
Closed Thread