United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-02-2023, 01:25 AM
Boring Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
If Tory Dave agrees with something you know it’s utter shite.
Speaking of weird squares…

Unread 11-02-2023, 01:40 AM
History

Would people have the same opinion if it was Fred or Phil Jones?

Fact is, rightly or wrongly when you play for the most famous club in England. You are held to the highest of standards on and off the pitch and so are the club.

Whether it's a minor thing or this big accusation (which has evidence too ffs) it has to be dealt with properly.

Actually agree with rehabilitation, however it doesn't remove consequences. Why should this utter #@&%! have the privilege to play for us again?

He can go and play football again for all I care. Just not for us.

Understand some conflicted thoughts as selfishly I'm genuinely gutted about not having the Player (not the man) available. One from the youth team that looked potentially the best we've produced in 30 years.

Fact is, he's not done something socially frowned upon like Giggs, or even being daft causing harm to himself with drug taking etc..

He's been caught doing something absolutely abhorrent and it might not meet the threshold of the police to chase prosecution for various reasons, but certainly meets mine. @#%&!

Unread 11-02-2023, 05:59 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
Unfortunately the court of public opinion (and social media) will see to that. Already lots of off-the-record interviews with female players telling us how uncomfortable they would be if he was reinstated in the squad. New evidence be damned.
there are plenty of good reasons why greenwood should never play for united again. taking the women's game seriously isn't one of them.

Unread 11-02-2023, 07:32 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
there are plenty of good reasons why greenwood should never play for united again. taking the women's game seriously isn't one of them.

Unread 11-02-2023, 08:10 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory Dave
Speaking of weird squares…
Slam dunk.

Unread 11-02-2023, 08:45 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Yes.

Unread 11-02-2023, 10:25 AM
The Butcher

I'd imagine Erik has access to more of the facts than we do. Trust the manager.

Unread 11-02-2023, 10:28 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher
I'd imagine Erik has access to more of the facts than we do. Trust the manager.
Trust the manager on the rapist but not on the young winger or the stop gap CF?

Unread 11-02-2023, 11:07 AM
NedKelly

Apparently being anti-violent sexual abuse makes you a ‘weird square’ these days.

Unread 11-02-2023, 11:20 AM
The Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Trust the manager on the r*pist but not on the young winger or the stop gap CF?
Garnacho is going to be world class I trust Erik explicitly with his development. The manager can barely hide his disgust with the stop gap cf, we'll not see much of him for the rest of the season. Also I'm fairly sure Greenwood was never charged with let alone convicted of rape. You'd fit in well with those neanderthals from Yorkshire on Wednesday night.

Unread 11-02-2023, 12:23 PM
doudou

You trust someone ‘implicitly’. Could we at least take some care while expressing ourselves?

Unread 11-02-2023, 12:41 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Apparently being anti-violent sexual abuse makes you a ‘weird square’ these days.
you have one side of the story and they're are mitigating circumstances

but even if I humour you and your theory that he is guilty..

we have a young, naive lad who had the world at his feet and did some horrible despicable things to his other half in what was most probably a toxic relationship.
he has since seen the error or his ways and come close to losing everything him and the victim has reconciled and along with their support of both families are now rebuilding their relationship with the help of therapy.

the club he has been at since he is a child also care about his well being despite the grave mistakes he made and aren't just gonna cast him away

Unread 11-02-2023, 12:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by History

Fact is, rightly or wrongly when you play for the most famous club in England. You are held to the highest of standards on and off the pitch and so are the club.

Whether it's a minor thing or this big accusation (which has evidence too ffs) it has to be dealt with properly.

Actually agree with rehabilitation, however it doesn't remove consequences. Why should this utter #@&%! have the privilege to play for us again?

He can go and play football again for all I care. Just not for us.

Understand some conflicted thoughts as selfishly I'm genuinely gutted about not having the Player (not the man) available. One from the youth team that looked potentially the best we've produced in 30 years.

Fact is, he's not done something socially frowned upon like Giggs, or even being daft causing harm to himself with drug taking etc..

He's been caught doing something absolutely abhorrent and it might not meet the threshold of the police to chase prosecution for various reasons, but certainly meets mine. @#%&!
This.

He can continue his career elsewhere, no problem.

Well, at least until it all blows up again.

Unread 11-02-2023, 12:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

we have a young, naive lad who had the world at his feet and did some horrible despicable things to his other half in what was most probably a toxic relationship.
he has since seen the error or his ways and come close to losing everything him and the victim has reconciled and along with their support of both families are now rebuilding their relationship with the help of therapy.

the club he has been at since he is a child also care about his well being despite the grave mistakes he made and aren't just gonna cast him away
Whilst I find what i heard on that recording sickening, i understand Marlo has a point here as much as some would find it unpalatable.

The question is: Do we want to live in a redemptive society? Do we want to live in a society where people who do wrong can make up for what they did?

It's a very difficult question to answer.

Unread 11-02-2023, 12:46 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Some good points tbf

Unread 11-02-2023, 12:47 PM
dunk

He can be rehabilitated, but he's lost the privilige of doing it at Manchester United.

There has to be some sort of price to pay, he continues his career here and what? He learns he can do what he likes as long as he's not criminally prosecuted? Top lesson.

United are not going to be painted in a favourable light for sticking by him and rehabilitating him, quite the opposite. They need him gone for their reputation imo.

Unread 11-02-2023, 12:51 PM
The Butcher

Or maybe he's actually innocent. Erik will know more than us. Trust.

Unread 11-02-2023, 12:53 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

Did he see the error of his ways? I thought he got caught red handed pal; so is he sorry for what he did or is he sorry he got caught?

You’re trying to paint him as a victim which is plain odd, and I’m assuming you’re only doing so because he’s a (very good) footballer. I can only go by how I’d deal with someone like Greenwood in real life; I wouldn’t want to know the guy and I certainly wouldn’t want any association with him.

Ultimately neither of us know how the club will treat this going forward, but speaking strictly for myself, I’d be very disappointed if he played for us again. He can rebuild his career elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Whilst I find what i heard on that recording sickening, i understand Marlo has a point here as much as some would find it unpalatable.

The question is: Do we want to live in a redemptive society? Do we want to live in a society where people who do wrong can make up for what they did?

It's a very difficult question to answer.
United =/= society

Unread 11-02-2023, 01:02 PM
marlo

personally the world we live in now, his inclusion would cause too much chaos around the club and not in the ABU way that would fuel us towards success.

but my point stands some of you are absolutely mental thinking ETH shouldn't contact him and the players "don't want to speak to him".
the boy is £#%&!ing 19/20 and a sheltered and indulged 19/20 meaning his is about 15/16 from a development point of view.

we live in this new sensitive world where redemption and forgiveness is being phased out.
kurt zouma shouldn't play football again sprouted about a year ago ffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I can only go by how I’d deal with someone like Greenwood in real life; I wouldn’t want to know the guy and I certainly wouldn’t want any association with him.
shall we really go here,

the law of averages and the location most of you dwell in means you all have parents or immediate family who use to have used the n-word (probably even yourselves).

do you ostracise them from family functions and never speak to them again?

no one is perfect and their should be room in society for redemption especially for a young lad.

Unread 11-02-2023, 01:04 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
personally the world we live in now, his inclusion would cause too much chaos around the club and not in the ABU way that would fuel us towards success.

but my point stands some of you are absolutely mental thinking ETH shouldn't contact him and the players "don't want to speak to him".
the boy is £#%&!ing 19/20 and a sheltered and indulged 19/20 meaning his is about 15/16 from a development point of view.

we live in this new sensitive world where redemption and forgiveness is being phased out.
kurt zouma shouldn't play football again sprouted about a year ago ffs.

shall we really go here,

the law of averages and the location most of you dwell in means you all have parents or immediate family who use to have used the n-word (probably even yourselves).

do you ostracise them from family functions and never speak to them again?

no one is perfect and their should be room in society for redemption especially for a young lad.
That’s a false equivalence. I’m talking about rape/sexual abuse. Please try and keep the conversation on topic.
Closed Thread