United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Father Christmas

It is annoying. But remember all the crap we hear is a reflection of how successful we are and what good football we play. It's an achievement that the only stick they can find to beat us with is this biased refs nonsense.

Unread 26-04-2009, 03:05 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I've been amazed at the reaction to the penalty. Watched MOTD and a re-run of the game on Setanta when I got home and couldn't believe it. Everyone's acting as if it was so obviously not a penalty - was it £#%&!! It was a close call. Spurs were unlucky, but the way the those @#%&!s commentating on Sky or the @#%&!s on MOTD were going on, you'd think we were the only club in the history of the Football League to have been given a borderline decision

The consensus seems to be if we'd not got that, we'd obviously have lost the game - what a load of shite! Palacious should have been off after 4 minutes. Where's the £#%&!ing inquisition into that decision? MOTD didn't even show the incident. As usual, those scouse #@&%! suckers edit our game to fit their agenda. Utter %@#$&!s.

I should have grown to expect this by now, but it's really pissed me off. How many teams playing the scousers have got soft red cards this season, usually when in front? Or Gerrards numerous dives? None of this is ever mentioned. £#%&!ing ABU's.

I don't remember a similar outcry (hardly mentioned ffs) to our blatant penalty at Wembley which was ridiculously turned down. That cost us a place in the Cup Final!
Sesame Street was brought to us yesterday by the words, Pivotal and Turning point.

Unread 26-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousRed
Glad someone else mentioned it , what a £#%&!ing #@&%! , tbf the commentator was a @#%&! aswell when the 3rd went in i think it was ,amongst the screaming i heard the @#%&! say " and this has all come from a terrible penalty decision " yeah yeah i know the score with the whole ABU thing but £#%&! me for some reason im paying to hear this biased shit and today i thought they went to a new level , best of it is after all the moaning etc coz of the pen you could actually hear the smile in his face when he said " lets not forget spurs are still 2v1 up " was not so tight with the facts when the 3rd,4th & 5th went in was he ! @#%&! ...............

Unread 26-04-2009, 03:45 PM
armchair

I've yet to see an actual photograph of the keeper touching the ball. Heard a lot about how the angle of the ball changing proved the keeper got a touch but...

Unread 26-04-2009, 03:49 PM
wonky no

Default dear mr burley

i'm writing to you in regards to your 40 minute commentary on the shocking penalty decision at old trafford yesterday. I especially enjoyed the professional manner in which you portrayed the excellent football united played in the build up to the goal and the 4 other goals that followed it. it was a joy to hear and totally refreshing.

It was the first half that really showed of your talents in journalism though. The way you fused Uniteds failings with the deserved praise of spurs play was second to non. The reference to the 'silly' challenge on Ronaldo by palacios after the first 6 mins was skill fully muted as you brought to us the joy of an open game. Even when united went 2 goals behind your professionalism prevented you from mentioning the fact that perhaps spurs were lucky not to be playing with 10 men. It wouldn't have been fair to take anything away from the spurs performance. In any case there's no saying that tottenham wouldn't have scored two goals anyway.

It seems your success and talents that we have all had the pleasure of witnessing in the beautiful game will be mirrored in you new career in commentary.

All the best

Unread 26-04-2009, 03:59 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I've yet to see an actual photograph of the keeper touching the ball. Heard a lot about how the angle of the ball changing proved the keeper got a touch but...
it does though. setanta showed an angle yesterday (only once) carrick hits the ball with the inside of his right foot on too the finger tips of the keeper. it wasn't a clear cut shit decision .

he knows his stuff though, burley.
http://www.setanta.com/uk/Blogs/craig-burley/

Unread 26-04-2009, 04:01 PM
armchair

There was no pic of the keepers hand touching the ball. Or maybe they are suppressing the info.

Unread 26-04-2009, 04:11 PM
LaPaz

When a keeper comes charging out like Gomes did he has to make sure he gets good contact on the ball not just a fractional touch, if he doesn't he's risking giving a penality.

Gomes made a mistake and it cost Spurs the goal, then they completely bottled it.

Unread 26-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
it does though. setanta showed an angle yesterday (only once) carrick hits the ball with the inside of his right foot on too the finger tips of the keeper. it wasn't a clear cut shit decision .

The dumb bastard can't even argue a point very well. They pay him for this?

Quote:
I’ve heard it said over the weekend that Sir Alex Ferguson is spared the level of criticism that other managers receive in the British media, that it is almost an unwritten understanding that you don’t lay into Sir Alex.

I’ll tell you why people don’t slam Fergie very often, in our profession a lot of people pander to people. They want to be nice to people, to get their cup of coffee, be in the media lounge and not be banned.

People are scared to say anything.

The truth of the matter is this. When Ferguson does something stupid, picks the wrong team like he did on Sunday, he shouldn’t be above criticism.

Ferguson got it wrong at the weekend. He didn’t have to pick such a weakened side. Arsenal didn’t pick a team that weak, Chelsea didn’t – they’re both still in the Champions League.

Unread 26-04-2009, 04:17 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
When a keeper comes charging out like Gomes did he has to make sure he gets good contact on the ball not just a fractional touch, if he doesn't he's risking giving a penality.

Gomes made a mistake and it cost Spurs the goal, then they completely bottled it.
and we were fantastic

Unread 26-04-2009, 04:19 PM
wonky no

i'm trying to find a contact address. i can't believe i pay for this shit. can you imagine the attention rooney would have got if he had dived at lennon like palacios did?

i'm not really mithered about him but there should be someone who can point out what tit he is.

Unread 26-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
The dumb bastard can't even argue a point very well. They pay him for this?
the subscribers pay him for it

Unread 26-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no

I've got a comment on McManaman's log here: http://www.setanta.com/uk/Blogs/stev...nged-the-game/

Don't know wh yi called myself Sensible

Unread 26-04-2009, 04:29 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
and we were fantastic
Yeah & I still believe we'd have got back into the game without the penalty.

Unread 26-04-2009, 04:30 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Yeah & I still believe we'd have got back into the game without the penalty.
defo mate we'd have beaten any team the way we played that second 45 minutes tbh I don't think we were that bad in the first half their goals came out of nowhere

was almost worth going 2-0 down

Unread 26-04-2009, 04:32 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
defo mate we'd have beaten any team the way we played that second 45 minutes tbh I don't think we were that bad in the first half their goals came out of nowhere

was almost worth going 2-0 down
True enough, I've not felt that emotional at a game for a long time, knocked the Villa ending into obscurity

Unread 26-04-2009, 04:34 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
True enough, I've not felt that emotional at a game for a long time, knocked the Villa ending into obscurity
me too just a shame that my emotion followed me to the bar for about five hours after the game....judging by my wallet this morning I must have bought everyone in the Tollgate a beer

Unread 26-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Sparky***

I watched the game at home with a mate of mine who supports spurs. He was #@&%!-a-hoop when they scored both their goals, but quickly calmed himself down at half time as he said "if anyone can £#%&! this up - it's tottenham"

To be fair to him as well, he didn't go down the media line of "that penalty ruined the world for everyone" he said that spurs were still winning 2-1 and should have been tougher mentally. Blamed his team for capitulating.

Unread 26-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Zorg

All I could think watching MOTD was 'methinks you protest too much'. Dixon and Hansen seemed to be desperate, repeating 'it changed the match', 'yes it was the turning point', 'yes, it definitely was the turning point that changed the match' over and over.

I must have missed the new FA rule that says teams 2-1 up are not allowed to attack.

Still, as we all know, United are the only team who benefit from injury time, penalties and red cards. On any given weekend you will see much worse decisions go for or against teams elsewhere in the table. Mentioned anywhere? Perhaps briefly, and that's it.

Unread 26-04-2009, 04:42 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
me too just a shame that my emotion followed me to the bar for about five hours after the game....judging by my wallet this morning I must have bought everyone in the Tollgate a beer
You always were handy at getting a round in
Closed Thread