Unread 25-04-2009, 08:25 PM
wonky no

webbarmy- webbarmy -webbarmy
webbarmy-webbarmy

Unread 25-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
£#%&!ing scotch toothless @#%&!........am i £#%&!ing mongy or what but from what i saw it was a pen??????????????

Carrick touched the ball away and was brought down.
factamundo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
i was wondering who that commentator was.

kept going on about it. for about 20 minutes.

'dont forget, this whole result is a direct consequence of howard webbs actions, we wasnt even near enough to see it,.....blah blah blah'
for the whole of the rest of the game more like. £#%&!ing @#%&!. stonewall pen, imo.

Unread 25-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Pop

Viva Howard Webb!

Unread 25-04-2009, 08:49 PM
borsuk

nothing dodgy about the penalty at all, just a very good decision by webb.

if a keeper comes out and goes to ground they've got to make contact on the ball. otherwise if they take the player down it's a penalty. it's clear from the reverse angle that carrick takes the ball around gomes.

Unread 25-04-2009, 08:52 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
nothing dodgy about the penalty at all, just a very good decision by webb.

if a keeper comes out and goes to ground they've got to make contact on the ball. otherwise if they take the player down it's a penalty. it's clear from the reverse angle that carrick takes the ball around gomes.
he does touch the ball to be fair.

Unread 25-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
he does touch the ball to be fair.
And took Carrick out too

Unread 25-04-2009, 08:55 PM
schnitzel

...and Gomez plays the ball right before he plays Carrick.

Bearing in mind Palacios should have walked before 5mins had gone and it would of been highly unlikely 2 0 would of been the score, the fact it wasnt a penalty (which gave us 1 goal and still left us 1 behind) the rest of the second half was £#%&!ing brilliant and is hopefully the kick to confidence we still seem to require.

What a second half display (we started the first quite well but for a lucky bounce off Ferdinand and Vidic it wouldnt of been 1 0.

Unread 25-04-2009, 09:04 PM
ReligiousRed

Glad someone else mentioned it , what a £#%&!ing #@&%! , tbf the commentator was a @#%&! aswell when the 3rd went in i think it was ,amongst the screaming i heard the @#%&! say " and this has all come from a terrible penalty decision " yeah yeah i know the score with the whole ABU thing but £#%&! me for some reason im paying to hear this biased shit and today i thought they went to a new level , best of it is after all the moaning etc coz of the pen you could actually hear the smile in his face when he said " lets not forget spurs are still 2v1 up " was not so tight with the facts when the 3rd,4th & 5th went in was he ! @#%&! ...............

Unread 25-04-2009, 09:08 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
And took Carrick out too
i know i know but thats not the point.

Unread 26-04-2009, 05:27 AM
Part 36 Offer

Burley needs running over.

Unread 26-04-2009, 05:34 AM
Harfynn Teuport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Burley needs running over.
No need.

Unread 26-04-2009, 05:51 AM
Argentina

Never a penalty. But that will only wind the scousers up a bit more.

If I'm talking to a scouser, I'm not mentioning the Palacios sending off. Just winding them up is fun in itself.

Unread 26-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Sparky***

I just watched the 2nd half again because I sky+ it. £#%&!ing hell. I didn't realise at the time just how much burley and champion? (was it) were going on and on and on and on and on and on and on...about the penalty. it was bordering on farcical.

Unread 26-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Dueling Banjos

My mates sister (Liverpool fan and trust me lads you don't want a link) came into the pub just as MOTD started and sat through their game nodding and enjoying the goals. Our game comes on and when the penalty arrives she holds her hands up saying "what for? it was his momentum that brought Carrick down"

After me saying it was definitely a penalty she wouldn't have it so I asked what was her opinion on the Mascherano foul that led to their first goal. She said she didn't see it (very Wenger-esque) even though she'd been staring at the screen for the £#%&!ing thing. Deluded does not come into it.

Unread 26-04-2009, 01:17 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I just watched the 2nd half again because I sky+ it. £#%&!ing hell. I didn't realise at the time just how much burley and champion? (was it) were going on and on and on and on and on and on and on...about the penalty. it was bordering on farcical.
to be fair to fatty on five live, he was quite level headed - he said he could see how it was given, and he gave the scouser who came on saying it was corrupt short shrift.

Unread 26-04-2009, 01:18 PM
taff

just watched this, missed it yesterday. stonewall if you ask me. carrick knocks the ball away and gomes takes him out. that walking %@#$&! sack redknapp can £#%&! right off.

Unread 26-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Sparky***

absolutely loved fergies response on Setanta regarding portsmouth's jammy fa cup win over us a year ago. perfect response.

Of course all the talk at the time was of how brave ikkle pompey had triumphed over evil Man utd and wasn't the fa cup magical ad nauseum.

Unread 26-04-2009, 01:33 PM
dunk

I know everyone is saying Gomes touched the ball, and he possibly did, but only after Carrick reached it first and changed the direction of the ball, taking it our of Gomes' path, it only clipped his finger on the way past. So you could say that carrick played it onto Gomes. Now, how many time is open play does a player go for a tackle, the tackled player gets the ball first, it clips the tackler but it's still a freekick, simply because it was a 50/50 and the tackler got there 2nd, him touching the ball is neither here nor there. Same for the goalkeeper IMO. He didn't get the ball, the ball got him, it wasn't a shot, so it wasn't a save.

More of a penalty than the one at Anfield that Friedel conceded and was wrongly sent off for, although no-one has mentioned that.

Unread 26-04-2009, 02:27 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I know everyone is saying Gomes touched the ball, and he possibly did, but only after Carrick reached it first and changed the direction of the ball, taking it our of Gomes' path, it only clipped his finger on the way past. So you could say that carrick played it onto Gomes. Now, how many time is open play does a player go for a tackle, the tackled player gets the ball first, it clips the tackler but it's still a freekick, simply because it was a 50/50 and the tackler got there 2nd, him touching the ball is neither here nor there. Same for the goalkeeper IMO. He didn't get the ball, the ball got him, it wasn't a shot, so it wasn't a save.

More of a penalty than the one at Anfield that Friedel conceded and was wrongly sent off for, although no-one has mentioned that.
It wasn't a penalty BUT in real time, it looked like it was. But we deserve a bit of luck when it comes to pens because we don't £#%&!ing get them.

Unread 26-04-2009, 02:53 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Exactly. It changed the game, it didn't COST them the game.
I've been amazed at the reaction to the penalty. Watched MOTD and a re-run of the game on Setanta when I got home and couldn't believe it. Everyone's acting as if it was so obviously not a penalty - was it £#%&!! It was a close call. Spurs were unlucky, but the way the those @#%&!s commentating on Sky or the @#%&!s on MOTD were going on, you'd think we were the only club in the history of the Football League to have been given a borderline decision

The consensus seems to be if we'd not got that, we'd obviously have lost the game - what a load of shite! Palacious should have been off after 4 minutes. Where's the £#%&!ing inquisition into that decision? MOTD didn't even show the incident. As usual, those scouse #@&%! suckers edit our game to fit their agenda. Utter %@#$&!s.

I should have grown to expect this by now, but it's really pissed me off. How many teams playing the scousers have got soft red cards this season, usually when in front? Or Gerrards numerous dives? None of this is ever mentioned. £#%&!ing ABU's.

I don't remember a similar outcry (hardly mentioned ffs) to our blatant penalty at Wembley which was ridiculously turned down. That cost us a place in the Cup Final!
Closed Thread