United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-03-2007, 11:33 AM
jem

Default it's lucky

we only have one league game in the next 3½ weeks, really.

Unread 08-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Does'nt help with the ginger idiot!

Unread 08-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
£#%&! off you @#%&!, going to judge him on one mistake are we?

do you talk about eric and keane in that way?

players get sent off, he is the first for us this year, its @#%&!ing march!

Unread 08-03-2007, 11:41 AM
jem

Quote:
no, but it will help with saha and our other injuries. scholes could probably do with a rest anyway. maybe he'll come back with a tan. :0)

Unread 08-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Cantona's collar

To be fair to Smith, when our season rested on his shoulders at the beginning of the season before last (Ruud, Saha and Rooney all injured) he performed superbly.

Smith will bring an edge to the side which will probably get Rooney fired up too, we will either bulldoze our way through the next few games or we will rack up a shit load of suspensions.

Unread 08-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Seems a perfectly reasonable statement.. why the .. ??
Do you seriously believe that the rest of our season depends on Alan Smith,stupid £#%&!ing statement if ever i read one.

Unread 08-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Why is that?

Unread 08-03-2007, 11:48 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
do you talk about eric and keane in that way?
cantona robbed of us at least one league title and his petulant stamps were unattractive - with him, ince and keane in the same midfield, we weren't pretty. keane was an idiot. he probably robbed us of a european cup and a league title. although at least keane can say he won us a european cup, which is more than cantona could.

scholes is just a bad tackler who lost his temper once. he's not a dirty, irresponsible @#%&! like the other two.

:0)

Unread 08-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Google

Everyone seems to forget that when smith was played upfront for us he has scored goals. Remeber the beginning of his first season when he was the only striker he was scoring from everywhere. Smith is exactly what we need in the run in, we need strength upfront at this point in the season and to knock defenders about. The last couple of games we've needed someone to hold the ball up and larsson hasn't been upto it.

Unread 08-03-2007, 11:49 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
Why is that?
something to do with the way the fixtures have been compiled, I think. unless you have another theory.

Unread 08-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Google
Everyone seems to forget that when smith was played upfront for us he has scored goals. Remeber the beginning of his first season when he was the only striker he was scoring from everywhere. Smith is exactly what we need in the run in, we need strength upfront at this point in the season and to knock defenders about. The last couple of games we've needed someone to hold the ball up and larsson hasn't been upto it.
Not everyone, i made the same point a few posts above yours

Unread 08-03-2007, 11:52 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar
Not everyone, i made the same point a few posts above yours
and I made the same point a few posts above yours.

come on, smudger!

Unread 08-03-2007, 11:56 AM
Gog Coch

No midfield, no forwards, no ballwinners.
Smith has to feature.
Bring on the youngsters(Brandy) as forwards. Stick Park on left wing. Dong for last 20 mins. . Thats all we have now.

Google

Well hopefully their get our point!

Whiteside

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
good point

Unread 08-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Whiteside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Google
people forget he was bought to play with saha

Unread 08-03-2007, 12:00 PM
jem

Quote:
No midfield, no forwards, no ballwinners.
Smith has to feature.
Bring on the youngsters(Brandy) as forwards. Stick Park on left wing. Dong for last 20 mins. . Thats all we have now.
that's not "all we have".

I agree, we are down to the bare bones, but we can still put out....

vds
neville g - snoop - vidic - evra
ronaldo - carrick - o'shea - giggs
smith - rooney

subs: kuszczak, brown, heinze, park, richardson

we only look short in central midfield, but that has been an accident waiting to happen.

Tumescent Throb

http://www.stretfordend.co.uk/seasons/season2005.html

Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle and Fenerbahce were the stand-out games early that season - and Smith didn't start any of them. He played in the second Lyon game. he didn't play in the dismantling of WBA either.

He's not gonna be ready to lead the line for United now btw - not even as ready as he'll ever be by his own standards. He's played about 15 minutes 1st team football since £#%&! knows when. He should be mostly used like he was last night.

Johnson

Billy's in a bad mood.

I think Saha is a good player , I thought that when everyone on here/RI was saying how shit he was last year and I think that now.

He is however not in the same class as many other top strikers in Europe.

Make no mistake , if we hang on for the title it'll be Ronaldo and our defence that has come through for us, not Saha.

Unread 08-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Cantona's collar

He scored 5 goals in 10 starts at the start of the 04/05 season when we where short of strikers, 1 goal every other game is pretty damn good for a stand in striker.

I don't hold out much hope of him repeating that with his recent injuries and obviously his lack of match practice, i do think however that his aggressive playing style will drag us through some of the tougher games in the run in and hopefully rub off on some of the other players, i for one would love to see Rooney back to his snarling best.
Closed Thread