United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-12-2006, 03:55 PM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
Despite the widespread ignorance regarding his position he has always played upfront on his own. He did so at PSV and at United,until his performances dropped, expressed a desire to play on his own.

Throughout his career a whole host of manager have found it impossible to partner him with anyone - this was particularly true with him and Kluivert,who Ruud fell out with. At United he was partnered with a few and it never really clicked.

Yes,a fantastic goalscorer and no finer sight than him on his game and almost single handedly winning us the title against Arsenal. However,he's a difficult bloke on the pitch and off it.
All this I fully agree with Laz. I just wish people would give Ruud a break. He's got his move, we're all doing better for it, and for years he did bust his balls for us. The last 18 months or so were not what they should have been though. I'd just like to think United fans had a bit more class and respect for their ex players than what is being shown time and time again re: Ruud.

Unread 20-12-2006, 03:56 PM
puressence

ferdinand @#%&!

Unread 20-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Lazarus

I never know how much of it is real with pure.

Unread 20-12-2006, 04:47 PM
Fatboy Shrek

He was good to the fans, especially in his first few years, always would come over to clap at aways at the end and would more often than not speak what the fans were thinking. He did want to move a couple of years ago (like almost every foreigner in this day and age) and in the end the move was best for both the club and the player.

NFT.

Unread 20-12-2006, 05:34 PM
armchair

Loved the guy - glad he got a big move. Wanted him to go to italy but he's at the closest thing possible at real with an i-tie manager. Hope he doesn't knock out United.

Greatest in the box finisher I've ever seen.

Unread 20-12-2006, 05:57 PM
bad_wolf

great player I always liked him but he had lost intrest in the last season.

i'm happy he went when he did.

Unread 20-12-2006, 06:00 PM
bad_wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
I never know how much of it is real with pure.
nothing is real with him.

he even hires a fat ugly bloke to pose as him when he goes out.

he is really a slim good looking fitness fanatic with a string of birds in the manchester area. where he ofcorse lives.

Unread 20-12-2006, 06:23 PM
wonky no

We had a big Dutchman upfront agaisnt West Ham, you can't have it all Pure.

Unread 20-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
We had a big Dutchman upfront agaisnt West Ham, you can't have it all Pure.
we've got a big Butchman in midfield when mince pie plays

Unread 20-12-2006, 06:50 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
A good way of explaining it is;

Last season we had a spell where we was playing good football without him, creating more chances, scoring more goals etc. Ruud came in for West Ham at home, it was a turgid game, not many chances, boring as £#%&!, we won 1-0, with a Ruud tap in.

What would you rather have?

United > Ruud.

I know who comes first.
Yep, I remember that well. This is the Real Madrid of today. They beat Espanyol 1-0 at the weekend, with Ruud scoring. He barely touched the ball other than that, and Real barely had another shot on target.

Unread 20-12-2006, 07:01 PM
PureAlive

I miss Arnold too.

Unread 20-12-2006, 09:54 PM
thatsfuctit

Jip Jaap Jaap Stam?
Closed Thread