United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2018, 07:58 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
May was the right time.

A strong club with the right long term planning and foundations would make it but as a club we decided to stumble along.

With the likes of DDG, Pogba and a few others in the squad the next guy has a chance. We need to be realistic (as a fan base & club) and set a long term goal of getting back to the top in three years and Europe in 5. No more short term fixes.

Call Levy tomorrow and offer silly money for Pochetino.
Poch is also the wrong man

Unread 19-08-2018, 08:00 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
As worried as we were when Fergie retired, I don’t think it ever entered my mind that we could make this much of a pigs ear of things; that we could have been reduced to such a laughing stock in five short years.

Couldn’t even bring myself to watch tbh.
Yep, I’ve been genuinely shocked at what a £#%&! up we’ve made of it. We’ve said it a million times but Fergie operated a dated autocratic system in which he was largely in total control. He allowed and supported a system of reduced investment in players and oversaw a scouting structure that failed to keep pace with our challengers.

The club then allowed him and that shithouse Gill to leave at the same time with appallingly inadequate replacements who inherited and took over a structure that was no longer fit for purpose and really only fit for one man. Informed owners would have addressed this long before Fergie retired.

Everyone who has followed has been shit but also massively disadvantaged by that.

The problem was born in 2005 - it was allowed to germinate because of Fergie and when his powers started to fall away, we were left with a bag of shite.

Oh, and we’ve signed some horrific players since he left.

Unread 19-08-2018, 08:01 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Poch is also the wrong man
Let’s not forget what Spurs were before he took over.

A club of bad purchases, under various managers. In time he got rid and brought in the style of players he wanted (and at an age around what the club wants). He was the right man last time and is now.

Unread 19-08-2018, 08:09 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Let’s not forget what Spurs were before he took over.

A club of bad purchases, under various managers. In time he got rid and brought in the style of players he wanted (and at an age around what the club wants). He was the right man last time and is now.
Difficult to argue with that, but there is no £#%&!ing chance Levy allows him to come here.

Unread 19-08-2018, 08:15 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
Difficult to argue with that, but there is no f***ing chance Levy allows him to come here.
Probably not, It’s a long shot but everyone at the club knows he’s the right choice so act like a big club and make it happen. Levy talks when money is involved.

He’s the perfect choice for United. He is what the fans, board and players want.

Unread 19-08-2018, 09:12 PM
Switching Off

If they sack him that's 3 managers they've sacked in 5 years since Fergie.

If he is to leave, hopefully he walks citing how £#%&!ing idiotic they are.

Unread 19-08-2018, 09:16 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

If he is to leave, hopefully he walks citing how f***ing idiotic they are.
After giving him hundreds of millions of pounds to spend.

Woodward has only employed two managers, he got one very wrong but we had to go the Mourinho route and it’s just not worked out.

Unread 19-08-2018, 09:17 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

If he is to leave, hopefully he walks citing how £#%&!ing idiotic they are.
I don’t think sacking him would admonish them of any blame in the eyes of the fans. I think a lot know that the club is a bit £#%&!ed- I just don’t think mou mou has helped his own cause with the fans whatsoever- in fact, if you didn’t know him, you’d think he was deliberately trying to piss off everyone, fans included.

Basically, he’s the wrong man to lead a broken club.

Unread 19-08-2018, 09:17 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
After giving him hundreds of millions of pounds to spend.

Woodward has only employed two managers, he got one very wrong but we had to go the Mourinho route and it’s just not worked out.
Hello Mrs Woodward welcome to the forum.

Unread 19-08-2018, 09:48 PM
jem

Quote:
we had to go the Mourinho route
no. we didn't. nor moyes. both so obviously wrong.

Unread 19-08-2018, 09:51 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I don’t think sacking him would admonish them of any blame in the eyes of the fans. I think a lot know that the club is a bit f***ed- I just don’t think mou mou has helped his own cause with the fans whatsoever- in fact, if you didn’t know him, you’d think he was deliberately trying to piss off everyone, fans included.

This. He's making it worse. But there's huge problems with the club.

Unread 19-08-2018, 09:52 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no. we didn't.
We really did. His history, record of big names playing and working well with him etc, plus there was always the clamour for him to get the job. It had to happen eventually.

It hasn’t worked. Clearly the club are having serious doubts about him, players aren’t responding to his ideas nor is he getting the best out of them and then there’s the mood towards him (and then) and some incredibly bizarre decisions.

When not if now..

Unread 19-08-2018, 09:56 PM
TheFatGoth

Not a chance he walks. Managers very rarely walk these days and Jose ain't living in a hotel for 3 years without his big payoff.

Unread 19-08-2018, 09:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I don’t think sacking him would admonish them of any blame in the eyes of the fans. I think a lot know that the club is a bit £#%&!ed- I just don’t think mou mou has helped his own cause with the fans whatsoever- in fact, if you didn’t know him, you’d think he was deliberately trying to piss off everyone, fans included.

That’s what he seems to do third season everywhere he’s been. He deliberately picks a fight with those above and alienates the playing staff, or at least that’s what appears to happen.. usually not long after signing a contract extension. A cynic would suggest he knows how to get paid.

Unread 19-08-2018, 10:01 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That’s what he seems to do third season everywhere he’s been. He deliberately picks a fight with those above and alienates the playing staff, or at least that’s what appears to happen.. usually not long after signing a contract extension. A cynic would suggest he knows how to get paid.
It's only Madrid and Chelsea where he left after or during his third season. Two clubs where the average tenure is shorter than 3 years.

Unread 19-08-2018, 10:08 PM
Sandman

Quote:
It's only Madrid and Chelsea where he left after or during his third season. Two clubs where the average tenure is shorter than 3 years.
It's the only times he made it past two seasons.

Just get rid of the £#%&!ing sap, he should never have been hired in the first place. We've wasted three more seasons, and are now lumbered with another load of shite that this daft bastard has signed.

Unread 19-08-2018, 10:18 PM
jem

Quote:
We really did. His history, record of big names playing and working well with him etc, plus there was always the clamour for him to get the job. It had to happen eventually.

It hasn’t worked. Clearly the club are having serious doubts about him, players aren’t responding to his ideas nor is he getting the best out of them and then there’s the mood towards him (and then) and some incredibly bizarre decisions.

When not if now..
aside from always being a complete dick, a cheat and anti-football... so totally not a fit for united ever.... at his best, he would have been the wrong guy. he was far from his best when he joined. so.... no.

Unread 19-08-2018, 10:20 PM
dunk

Unhappy

Quote:
As pointed out above, the only 3 previous occasions he’s made it past year 2 and events unfolding at United match all 3. At what point do you start to look at the man?

Unread 19-08-2018, 10:27 PM
Red Al

I wouldn't give as shit if ANY of mourinihos signings £#%&!ed off tomorrow.

No wonder ED won't give him any more money

Unread 19-08-2018, 10:28 PM
Sparky***

Still hasn't sunk in just how bad lindelof and Bailly were today.
Closed Thread