United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Coracao

Default What's the longest you have gone without playing football and then played again...

You will understand the pain I am in this morning/afternoon.

I haven't played for around 18 months, and I played 6 a side for an hour and a half yesterday. I've been doing plenty of running recently in an attempt to get fitter, but playing football has absolutely killed me. I can't £#%&!ing walk properly today, I was absolutely shite as well

Unread 15-09-2008, 01:50 PM
hopkins

6 years was my longest lay off, when footy was subsituted in favour of drink, drugs, women and rock n' roll.

I play twice a week now though, but still walk like John Wayne the mornin after

Unread 15-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

I haven't played for around 18 months, and I played 6 a side for an hour and a half yesterday. I've been doing plenty of running recently in an attempt to get fitter, but playing football has absolutely killed me. I can't £#%&!ing walk properly today, I was absolutely shite as well
I went about a year without playing. and i couldn't move the next day.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:10 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

I'm thinking of joining a sunday league team in the new year, need a few months to try and get fit.
I;ve not played for 11 years

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Ether

Quote:

Louis!? Is that you?

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:15 PM
nick henry

came back last season from an 18 month ban and felt great first half but halftime was my enemy cos i stiffened up and had to come off within ten minutes of the second half.

it took me till about Wednesday before i could walk properly again.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Louis!? Is that you?
Unfortunately, my #@&%! isn't that big.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick henry
came back last season from an 18 month ban and felt great first half but halftime was my enemy cos i stiffened up and had to come off within ten minutes of the second half.

it took me till about Wednesday before i could walk properly again.
18 months? What did you do, kill someone?

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:18 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

18 month ban..FFS

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Ether

Quote:

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:26 PM
nick henry

Quote:

No i wish. total overreaction by the ref and the local FA. @#%&!s to a man. The Hull Sunday Leagues are like murderball on a good day and they give me an 18 month ban for what amounted to a slight headbutt and a so-called assault on the ref, who incidentally was one of there lads and was goading me as he sent me off.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:27 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Louis!? Is that you?

my longest lay off was about 3 years(got into the wrong crowds and did alot of street crime) and i lost it.

im £#%&!ing shit now. well still alot better than average but nowhere near on the level i was at.
remember people telling me i was as good if not better than defoe(played against him a few times)

play five a side now but just not as good as before. sluggish, stamina issues etc.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield

my longest lay off was about 3 years(got into the wrong crowds and did alot of street crime) and i lost it.

im £#%&!ing shit now. well still alot better than average but nowhere near on the level i was at.
remember people telling me i was as good if not better than defoe(played against him a few times)

play five a side now but just not as good as before. sluggish, stamina issues etc.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Ether

Quote:
No i wish. total overreaction by the ref and the local FA. @#%&!s to a man. The Hull Sunday Leagues are like murderball on a good day and they give me an 18 month ban for what amounted to a slight headbutt and a so-called assault on the ref, who incidentally was one of there lads and was goading me as he sent me off.
These long bans are always something to do with the ref. My mate has had 2 seperate year long bans for 'assaulting the ref' and he reckons he barely laid a finger on him either time. He's a mad £#%&!er though so I don't really believe him

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:30 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
when i was playing for a team called ridgeway rovers i was the most indisciplined player in their history.
£25 fines almost every week)

one game i karate kicked the keeper and their defender pushes me over only for my brother and a few of my mates to run on and then the coach of the other teams runs on and a £#%&!ing riot started.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:30 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:31 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
why would i make it up ffs?

no need to turn this into a thread about me.

dont reply.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Ether

Quote:
when i was playing for a team called ridgeway rovers i was the most indisciplined player in their history.
£25 fines almost every week)

one game i karate kicked the keeper and their defender pushes me over only for my brother and a few of my mates to run on and then the coach of the other teams runs on and a £#%&!ing riot started.
Hello Edmundo. Did you ever give a chimpanzee beer and whiskey?

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:33 PM
elephantstone

2 years. I retired but was tempted back by pay as you play contract
Closed Thread