United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Keep Ten Hag or Sack.
Keep 62 53.91%
Sack 53 46.09%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 23-04-2024, 10:01 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli View Post
Imagine Jason Wilcox being your line manager

Unread 23-04-2024, 01:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Good to see. Wish he’d do it more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth View Post
Imagine Jason Wilcox being your line manager
‘Jason Wilcox Investigates’

Unread 23-04-2024, 01:25 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
https://x.com/utdfaithfuls/status/17...666844578?s=46

‘Jason Wilcox Investigates’
Might have been an idea to lay into the referees for the last 18 months as well.

Unread 23-04-2024, 01:44 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

My guy

We got to an FA Cup Final and the ABUs and Southgate Reds were pissing their knickers and stamping their feet because we didn't win 3 nil to do it.

Not seen any mention that their pen was given incorrectly either.

Unread 23-04-2024, 02:42 PM
The taste of...

Well in Eric ….hah

That manager of 26 years who isn’t relevant to example these days

I can’t recall the press giving him this shit at taking a replay to get past then second division Oldham in an FA Cup Semi. Just went on about the drama

Only for a Hughes last minute wonder goal we’d have been out

….and that was a team with Robbo in

Unread 23-04-2024, 02:45 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch View Post
Might have been an idea to lay into the referees for the last 18 months as well.
Exactly this! We've been crying out for him to say something about the bullshit decisions and double standards but he's been silent. Might be being a bit sceptic here, but maybe this is more about trying to hang on to his job.

Unread 23-04-2024, 02:46 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of... View Post
Well in Eric ….hah

I can’t recall the press giving him this shit at taking a replay to get past then second division Oldham in an FA Cup Semi. Just went on about the drama

They only say that because it negates their argument.

They’re the kind of lads who’d try and impose weird rules when playing Mortal Kombat or Mario Kart back in the day.

“You can’t use that move because I can’t counter it!”

Unread 23-04-2024, 02:47 PM
AK14

Feels he knows he’s done and the gloves are off for his final weeks here.

He’s going out swinging.

Unread 23-04-2024, 03:17 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of... View Post
Well in Eric ….hah

….and that was a team with Robbo in
Not to go all Riccers, but Oldham were in the premier league. They went down that season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post

He’s going out swinging.
Either way, I like it

I get the feeling they don’t want to sack him unless they really need to. If we can somehow manage to win this FA Cup, it could save him. Big few games coming up. We need to change the pattern of these performances and get some players back.

Unread 23-04-2024, 03:19 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post

He’s going out swinging.
Yep. Alex may also have had a word. Read an article the other day that after he retired he used to call up other English managers after their press conferences and tell them what they should do next time. The boss

Unread 23-04-2024, 04:17 PM
redhegemony

I think he handles the press very well.

Unread 23-04-2024, 04:42 PM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
I think he handles the press very well.

Substitutions and game management not so much ...

Unread 23-04-2024, 04:49 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo
Substitutions and game management not so much ...
People moan about subbing Mainoo and Garnacho but he's handling them really well. We.need them fit and not £#%&!ed. Shouldn't need either to see that game out

Unread 23-04-2024, 04:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
People moan about subbing Mainoo and Garnacho but he's handling them really well. We.need them fit and not £#%&!ed. Shouldn't need either to see that game out
This.

Ignored by everyone, but if you can't take off an 18/19year old and see a game out at 3-0, when can you ?

Unread 23-04-2024, 05:13 PM
jem

Quote:

it was never a penalty and simon stone is the most ridiculous, know-nothing, irritating @#%&! in football. and I'm including larry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
if you can't take off an 18/19year old and see a game out at 3-0, when can you ?
we can't. we've never even taken a sip of our beer.

Unread 23-04-2024, 05:15 PM
croady26

Think Tuchel could be an ideal fit for INEOS as he's willing to be more flexible than Erik,however like Ducker says we are right to have reservations about his character at previous clubs.

Unread 23-04-2024, 06:14 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
This.

Ignored by everyone, but if you can't take off an 18/19year old and see a game out at 3-0, when can you ?
the point is that we didn't "see the game out" you daft bastard

Unread 23-04-2024, 06:16 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
the point is that we didn't "see the game out" you daft bastard
ETH is not Colin £#%&!ing Fry

Unread 23-04-2024, 06:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
This.

exactly. It's ludicrous that we can't see a game out with 20 to go without 18 year old kids ffs

i've got no issue with his subs. My issue is more with the 11 guys on the pitch couldn't get a grip of the game.

having said that the last two goals we conceded were as lucky as they £#%&!ing come. A 100/1 jammy deflection and a penalty that never should have been.

Unread 23-04-2024, 07:50 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
exactly. It's ludicrous that we can't see a game out with 20 to go without 18 year old kids ffs

i've got no issue with his subs. My issue is more with the 11 guys on the pitch couldn't get a grip of the game.

having said that the last two goals we conceded were as lucky as they £#%&!ing come. A 100/1 jammy deflection and a penalty that never should have been.
Think you’re looking at it the wrong way. The most effective midfielder we have is Mainoo. The most effective forward we have is Garnacho. Both offer more in seeing out difficult games than nearly every other player on the field. We had two matches which remain important to us - the first last Sunday and the second the final itself. Who gives a £#%&! if mainoo or nach are playing against sheff united tomorrow or Burnley at the weekend?

It’s poor game management.