United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-09-2016, 06:19 PM
Nelson

Default An Evening with Eric Cantona

Chaps,

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum or already posted elsewhere, but thought it might be of interest to you

http://www.thelowry.com/event/an-eve...h-eric-cantona

An Evening With Eric Cantona
Wed 22 February - Thu 23 February

The Lowry welcomes Eric Cantona back to his beloved Manchester! Who knows what to expect when the mercurial Eric Cantona takes to the stage for a rare public appearance? Cantona is widely credited as being the catalyst for Manchester United’s changing status in the early years of the Premier League. He was – and remains – the United fans favourite of the modern era and they still sing his name at every game – enjoying near legendary status among the Old Trafford faithful. Star quality and controversy followed him throughout his career and he will be here to talk about those heady days when he led United to four Premier League titles in five seasons.

The evening will be compered by Terry Baker from A1 Sporting Speakers.

Mate's bought us two tickets for the 23rd. Can't wait.

Unread 11-09-2016, 06:59 PM
20 times

£55 for the cheapest tickets

£200 for the most expensive

Unread 11-09-2016, 07:26 PM
Ethers

Was gonna get these for my old man's birthday, but the prices are a joke, even if Terry Baker is the compere

Unread 11-09-2016, 07:33 PM
forzagarza

Hearing Kronenburg are also going to start charging for their adverts featuring Eric as well

Unread 11-09-2016, 07:44 PM
Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Was gonna get these for my old man's birthday, but the prices are a joke, even if Terry Baker is the compere
Depends on what you're used to I suppose, but by comparison with a concert at the Bridgewater Hall or other events at the Lowry, they're actually quite reasonable.

By coincidence we were at the Lowry last night to see the Shawshank Redemption, and two tickets in the roof set me back nearly eighty quid, so I wouldn't flinch at £55 to see a United hero.

We saw an Evening with Tom Jones there last year - similar prices and a really good night - very good value for money.

Am assuming Eric must have a new book to plug...

Unread 11-09-2016, 07:50 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Worth every penny

Unread 11-09-2016, 08:04 PM
Cream

Quote:

Quote:
"When they sell the TV rights for hundreds of millions, perhaps they should force clubs to keep some tickets at reasonable prices for a certain section of the population, so that football is not lost to those who make it so popular," (...)"Football has often been the only means for the least favoured classes to express themselves. Football mustn't be allowed to be lost to them."

Unread 11-09-2016, 08:21 PM
King Eric

Love the magnificent bastard.

Unread 12-09-2016, 01:27 PM
signed dc

Quote:
By coincidence we were at the Lowry last night to see the Shawshank Redemption, and two tickets in the roof set me back nearly eighty quid, so I wouldn't flinch at £55 to see a United hero.

Unread 12-09-2016, 02:52 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson
Depends on what you're used to I suppose, but by comparison with a concert at the Bridgewater Hall or other events at the Lowry, they're actually quite reasonable.

We saw an Evening with Tom Jones there last year - similar prices and a really good night - very good value for money.

Where did you buy your tickets mate?

Says £21 -£31 on the website and i'm working on the assumption that the 30 quid ones were the best seats

http://www.thelowry.com/event/the-shawshank-redemption

Tom Jones had a top end of £52 which is some way short of 2 ton

http://www.thelowry.com/event/tom-jones

The Glazers would be embarrassed at those prices mate

Unread 12-09-2016, 03:02 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
Aren't we all?

Unread 12-09-2016, 03:10 PM
puressence

Understand most of the forum never saw him live and Eric had retired in May 99 ... When people talk about Eric. He was better ...

Unread 12-09-2016, 03:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Understand most of the forum never saw him live and Eric had retired in May 99 ... When people talk about Eric. He was better ...
1997, pal.

Unread 12-09-2016, 03:30 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
1997, pal.
I think he's making a hilarious point that most people on here only started supporting United after the treble

Unread 12-09-2016, 05:35 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I think he's making a hilarious point that most people on here only started supporting United after the treble
I'm still lolling and rofling aots tbh

Unread 12-09-2016, 09:31 PM
Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Where did you buy your tickets mate?

Says £21 -£31 on the website and i'm working on the assumption that the 30 quid ones were the best seats

http://www.thelowry.com/event/the-shawshank-redemption

Tom Jones had a top end of £52 which is some way short of 2 ton

http://www.thelowry.com/event/tom-jones

The Glazers would be embarrassed at those prices mate
Actually Rubbers, you called me out quite correctly there. I thought I'd paid close on £40 each for the Shawshank tickets but I've just retrieved the stubs and they were actually £26 for the Upper Circle.

Don't think you can compare the Tom Jones top end of £52 with the two ton for Eric, though, tbf - there was no option to "have your photograph taken whilst you shake hands with Tom before the show" as there is with Eric.

Not that I'd personally be barmy enough to contemplate parting with that money to shake Eric's hand - or anybody's for that matter.

£55 I thought was reasonable for a couple of hours listening to Eric, compared with average ticket prices for a PL game these days - and what we paid for the same gig with TJ two years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc

Whassup, Signers?

Unread 12-09-2016, 10:09 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson

Shawshank is repeated ad nauseam have you only got a little tele?

Unread 12-09-2016, 10:12 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
soporific blob

Unread 12-09-2016, 10:47 PM
Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
Shawshank is repeated ad nauseam have you only got a little tele?

..And it's better on TV than the play was, Sizzlers.

Thing is, the wife loves the theatre and she especially loves the Shawshank Redemption film, so it was a no brainer to acquire a few easy brownie points.

Which I'll be cashing in on a lads' night with Eric

Unread 23-02-2017, 01:11 PM
est.1878

heard this was shit last night
Closed Thread