United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-12-2014, 07:13 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Default LVG Koeman mutual dislike

Apologies if titanic, but first I heard about it today.

Anyone know they really don't get on? Sounds like Monday will be a spicey affair.

Unread 05-12-2014, 07:14 PM
Ashley's Grime

Maybe LVG will get off his arse for once.

Unread 05-12-2014, 07:16 PM
ryanMUFC

LVG was director of football or something at Ajax while Koeman was manager. Van gaal wanted to manage the team basically.

Unread 05-12-2014, 07:16 PM
Cream

There can be only one Dutchman.

That's just the way they are.

Unread 05-12-2014, 07:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Unread 05-12-2014, 07:17 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

I caught the end of something about lvg choosing Koeman as 6th choice for a role somewhere.

Unread 05-12-2014, 07:18 PM
puressence

koeman had a villa in portugal i think or maybe barca ..lvg bought one over the rd twice as big

Unread 05-12-2014, 07:23 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
koeman had a villa in portugal i think or maybe barca ..lvg bought one over the rd twice as big

I need to know everything about this rivalry, right now.[emoji2]

Unread 05-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Der Kaiser

Her's one of their early meetings from 1982

Unread 05-12-2014, 07:56 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Having previously worked together at Barcelona, where Van Gaal was coach and Koeman his assistant, the pair linked up again in 2004, at Dutch giants Ajax. At first, the arrangement seemed clear: Koeman was manager, Van Gaal was director of football. This meant Koeman had to handle all matters connected to the first team, like any manager would, while Van Gaal had to interact with scouts and attract new players. That way, Koeman could to focus on matches without having to worry about transfers. Simple, right?

Not to Van Gaal. The now Manchester United manager has always been a bit of a control freak, and his stint as director of football at Ajax was no different. Almost immediately, Van Gaal started meddling with Koeman’s business and interfering with the first team. These interferences soon started to get on the manager’s nerves.

As Koeman explains in his self-titled biography, at every training session Van Gaal would take a chair from his office and take a seat right next to the training pitch. There, he’d sit and judge the players Koeman was coaching. On a few occasions, the director of football would start applauding the players he liked most.

Koeman was irritated. After all, he was Ajax’s manager. As director of football, Van Gaal was there to help him, not to undermine his authority in front of his own players. Concluding transfers and making deals in the boardroom, that was Van Gaal’s job. He wasn’t supposed to stick his nose into Koeman’s training methods.

But that wasn’t all. Things went from bad to worse when Van Gaal started arranging meetings with Koeman to discuss tactics. Again, Koeman felt like Van Gaal was undermining his authority. Why was Van Gaal trying to tell him what to do? Wasn’t he the manager, and wasn’t he the one calling the shots when it came to tactics?

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/...g7UJublfxFh.99

Unread 05-12-2014, 07:59 PM
atticusgrinch

ffs

Unread 05-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Seriously though I wouldn't blame koeman for not liking him if that was the case.

Re: the 442 story

Unread 05-12-2014, 08:20 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Seriously though I wouldn't blame koeman for not liking him if that was the case.

Re: the 442 story
High stakes game in more ways than one nqat. This is big dawg shit. Tintin will be fuming, little rosy cheeks aglow. Louis won't want to get beaten by an underling. 3rd place on offer.... Could get craysheee

Unread 05-12-2014, 08:22 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
Maybe LVG will get off his arse for once.
I had BBC Manchester on in the car on the way home from work and it was Red Wednesday. Giggsy was on and they asked him the question why does he seem to be the one giving the instructions on the touchline rather than Louis. Giggsy said Louis likes him to do it as he knows the players will understand him much quicker as he's still not that confident with his English. Giggsy said as soon as he's happy with his English, we'll see Louis off his arsenal a lot more.

Just thought I'd put that out there as I've heard a lot of folk around me at the match and on here moaning about him sitting there doing 'nowt' :shakehead:

Unread 05-12-2014, 08:26 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
I had BBC Manchester on in the car on the way home from work and it was Red Wednesday. Giggsy was on and they asked him the question why does he seem to be the one giving the instructions on the touchline rather than Louis. Giggsy said Louis likes him to do it as he knows the players will understand him much quicker as he's still not that confident with his English. Giggsy said as soon as he's happy with his English, we'll see Louis off his arsenal a lot more.

Just thought I'd put that out there as I've heard a lot of folk around me at the match and on here moaning about him sitting there doing 'nowt' :shakehead:
Can't wait to see what moves he's picked up over the years

Unread 05-12-2014, 08:28 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Big big game, we need the points, they've lost two on the bounce and this dutch hate fest.
Can't wait.[emoji2]

Unread 05-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Sparky***

Yeah, sounds like Van Gaal was a bit of a @#%&! to him at Ajax.

But it's ronald koeman so I don't mind. The £#%&!ing shirt pulling @#%&!.

Unread 05-12-2014, 10:02 PM
ziggyman17

£#%&!ing love King Louis.... Hope he is here for the next ten years..... The difference between the two is that Van Gaal has won it all, at the worlds biggest clubs and is now in charge of the biggest club in the world and is £#%&!ing loving it.............

Unread 05-12-2014, 10:12 PM
Switching Off

Who gives a £#%&!?

Unread 05-12-2014, 10:57 PM
Ashley's Grime

LVG was moody as £#%&! at his presser as soon as Koeman was mentioned.
Closed Thread