United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-11-2012, 11:21 AM
believe

Unhappy Gary Speed

One year today since he died Did anything ever come out of it?

Unread 27-11-2012, 11:28 AM
forwardirektion

Chris Coleman got a job.

Unread 27-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
One year today since he died Did anything ever come out of it?
probs a bit of fecal matter

Unread 27-11-2012, 11:40 AM
dragflick

Thought there'd have been more info' out by now. What was it left at? They had an argument/he hung himself? And no more details? Very strange. All sorts of weird and not-so-wonderful rumours flying about at the time..

Unread 27-11-2012, 11:40 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by harri jaffa
probs a bit of fecal matter

Unread 27-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Thought there'd have been more info' out by now. What was it left at? They had an argument/he hung himself? And no more details? Very strange. All sorts of weird and not-so-wonderful rumours flying about at the time..

Indeed.

It is surprising, but perhaps also refreshing that the media have left this one alone.

I for one am glad that they have. RIP Gary

Unread 27-11-2012, 11:44 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Indeed.

It is surprising, but perhaps also refreshing that the media have left this one alone.

Hmm. Probably not through their choice though I'm guessing. The total blackout of it shortly after was as if there was some kind of injunction stopping them. £#%&! knows tbh.

Unread 27-11-2012, 11:48 AM
bobcraven

From what I recall his wife's inquest testimony was sketchy to say the least.

Unread 27-11-2012, 11:48 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Hmm. Probably not through their choice though I'm guessing. The total blackout of it shortly after was as if there was some kind of injunction stopping them. £#%&! knows tbh.
Probably.

I can't envisage a situation where the press might say 'oh we'll leave this one out of respect'.

Unread 27-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Probably.

I can't envisage a situation where the press might say 'oh we'll leave this one out of respect'.
Unless they threatened to expose an affair and then felt hugely guilty for driving him to suicide.

Allegedly.

Unread 27-11-2012, 12:18 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Indeed.

The mob going out of their tiny minds waiting for the juicy dirt to be exposed will be the same mob moaning about the vile press sensationalising other peoples misery for entertainment.

Does this happen because the media are merely satisfying the despicable tastes of the punters or does the media set the agenda, tone and content and nurture the desire for such guff?

Unread 27-11-2012, 12:19 PM
toseeunited

they left it that "he hung himself, but it could have been an accident"

£#%&! knows what that means, i probably should have tried to hang myself #railways but i didn't, so i don't know much about it, other than that i've never done it by accident, which is good cos otherwise i wouldn't have been here to type this completely shit reply

ps. where the £#%&! did the last year go

Unread 27-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Stakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
The mob going out of their tiny minds waiting for the juicy dirt to be exposed will be the same mob moaning about the vile press sensationalising other peoples misery for entertainment.

Does this happen because the media are merely satisfying the despicable tastes of the punters or does the media set the agenda, tone and content and nurture the desire for such guff?
Tabloid Journos I know insist that they only publish what the public wants...but I don't see anyone demanding exposés on Kim Kardashian's diet, or Coleen Rooney's latest perfume.

Meh.

Unread 27-11-2012, 12:25 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane

During the hacking shit Murdoch and his minions always stuck by the "public interest" line. That's letting them off too light in my opinion. It's easy for them to say "but look, people want to read it, we've got papers to sell".

Unread 27-11-2012, 04:17 PM
red in cumbria

But the point is, shit *does* sell to a significant degree. Look at the sales of the Currant Bun even now - or the viewing figures for Faux News :shakehead:

Unread 27-11-2012, 04:21 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Unless they threatened to expose an affair and then felt hugely guilty for driving him to suicide.

Allegedly.
Thought that at the time tbh. :shakehead:

Unread 27-11-2012, 04:41 PM
red in cumbria

Shame that hasn't come out if it is indeed the truth - would have been useful ammunition for Leveson if nothing else.

Unread 27-11-2012, 04:48 PM
PaulParkers

strangly £#%&! gone wrong

Unread 27-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
strangly £#%&! gone wrong
You're thinking of Michael Hutchings

Unread 27-11-2012, 04:56 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
You're thinking of Michael Hutchings
And you're thinking of Michael Hutchence.
Closed Thread