United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Re: Rio probably out for rest of season

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
If Rio could stay fit we'd have won number19 last year, never mind this.
£#%&!ing typical

Probably end up costing us the big pots tbf.
you mean those big pots that you've said a thousand times we've got no chance of winning this season anyway?

Unread 17-03-2011, 04:40 PM
dunk

If Rio had been fit for the Semi in 2007 and fully fit for the final in 2009, we could've had a Hat-trick and then there is last season, he would've come in handy home and away against Bayern

Such a wonderful player.

Unread 17-03-2011, 04:40 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
you mean those big pots that you've said a thousand times we've got no chance of winning this season anyway?
Think you're mistaking me for someone else pal.
I've said all along I'll be very surprised if we don't win the League.

I don't think we'll win the European Cup because we don't keep possession in midfield well enough & we concede too many chances.

If we beat City I expect us to win the FA Cup...

Having said that, Rio's injury is a killer because we're ten times the side when he's in it.

Unread 17-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Think you're mistaking me for someone else pal.
I've said all along I'll be very surprised if we don't win the League.

I don't think we'll win the European Cup because we don't keep possession in midfield well enough & we concede too many chances.

If we beat City I expect us to win the FA Cup...

Having said that, Rio's injury is a killer because we're ten times the side when he's in it.
okay pal de doom, if you say so

i like your assessment of our european chances. no %@#$&!s slaughtering the players, just to the point. personally think a combination of turning the opposition round, lightning raids and ultra concentrated defending as a unit can see us through if all are on blob.

agree with you that we are only two wins away from winning the cup

not sure ferdinand makes us 10 times better mind. maybe one time better, 2 max...

Unread 17-03-2011, 04:55 PM
dunk

Valencia and Nani are probably as crucial to our run-in as anybody else at this stage. Both fit and starting gives us a £#%&!ing good chance in just about any game.

Unread 17-03-2011, 05:06 PM
PaulParkers

Will be a big loss he is out for the rest of the season. Smallers has been fantastic but up against the cream of the crop I'd rather have Rio and Vida in the back 4

Unread 17-03-2011, 05:14 PM
taff

wonder if the prognosis on vidic, o'shea, rafael etc is a bit of a ploy to make sure they're definitely ruled out of the internationals. wouldn't be surprised if nani has a 'setback' as well.

optimistically speaking, anyway

Unread 17-03-2011, 07:40 PM
jem

if rio, hargreaves and the rest were all fit, we would have the best team in the world for at least five minutes.

the fact that we have to rely on crocks and geriatrics is down the glazer debt. no more and no less.

Unread 17-03-2011, 09:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
wonder if the prognosis on vidic, o'shea, rafael etc is a bit of a ploy to make sure they're definitely ruled out of the internationals. wouldn't be surprised if nani has a 'setback' as well.

optimistically speaking, anyway
Wouldn't put that past SAF - or, even, on somebody "surprisingly" making Saturday

BTW, remember how Djourou was "definitely" out for the season on Saturday?? Could be back in a few weeks now

Unread 17-03-2011, 09:47 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Valencia and Nani are probably as crucial to our run-in as anybody else at this stage. Both fit and starting gives us a £#%&!ing good chance in just about any game.
This is a fact and, tbbbh, I've been saying this for ages and you've just copied my highly informed opinion.

Much more confident now we actually have our two superb wingers back

Unread 17-03-2011, 10:28 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Wouldn't put that past SAF - or, even, on somebody "surprisingly" making Saturday

BTW, remember how Djourou was "definitely" out for the season on Saturday?? Could be back in a few weeks now
dreading the return of Evans....but then again he can't be any worse than Brown was the other night

hopefully park will be back

Unread 17-03-2011, 11:41 PM
Stickman

Rio needs sold. Thing like this only hold the club back.

Unread 18-03-2011, 12:13 AM
MJ Ramone

I love the way the Press are covering this news with such relish.
Obviously they're chuffed because it throws a spanner in our works, but they're so £#%&!ing thick they don't realise how crucial he is to England too (as demonstrated at the last World Cup, when apparently it didn't matter that Rio got injured because they had Ledley King who is better anyway)

Never mind though aye, as long as 'Big J.T' gets the armband back - gawd bless the Queen mavva & Bobby fackin' Moore etc..

Unread 18-03-2011, 12:26 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
I love the way the Press are covering this news with such relish.
Obviously they're chuffed because it throws a spanner in our works, but they're so £#%&!ing thick they don't realise how crucial he is to England too (as demonstrated at the last World Cup, when apparently it didn't matter that Rio got injured because they had Ledley King who is better anyway)

Never mind though aye, as long as 'Big J.T' gets the armband back - gawd bless the Queen mavva & Bobby fackin' Moore etc..
And who is, even more to the point, *never* injured himself. No sirree!!

Unread 18-03-2011, 07:22 AM
borsuk

his back isn't going to get any better, at the very least it's time for rio to pack in international football imo, or else time for united to get rid and bring in a quality experienced replacement.

Unread 18-03-2011, 07:41 AM
waynes ear's

i wish we'd sell the £#%&!ing wideboy cockney @#%&!

Unread 18-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Sgt Howie

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
his back isn't going to get any better, at the very least it's time for rio to pack in international football imo
I am hoping him being stripped of the captaincy might give him the impetus to do this

Unread 18-03-2011, 03:24 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
his back isn't going to get any better
Hasn't SAF said his current problem is nothing to do with his back??

Unread 18-03-2011, 03:27 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Hasn't SAF said his current problem is nothing to do with his back??
Supposed to be a calf injury, those aren't usually career threatening.

Unless you're a calf.

Unread 18-03-2011, 03:41 PM
redmike

He'll be back next league game after the internationals.
Closed Thread