United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-06-2013, 07:22 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Default Holland v Germany u21

Next game should be a cracker. Fancy Holland to beat the Germans. Strootman is playing

Unread 06-06-2013, 07:30 PM
S/Side.Red

Expecting a lot from Strootz, tbh. One of the older and more established players at the tournament. 23 and a senior Dutch regular.

Says a lot about the difference in mentality that the Dutch send him, with 18 caps for the national side, while the England camp deem almost anyone who has featured under Hodgson to be above playing in this kind of competition.

Unread 06-06-2013, 07:39 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Number 18 for the Dutch we've been linked with too. Looks to be playing as deep midfielder with Strootman further forward.

Unread 06-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Expecting a lot from Strootz, tbh. One of the older and more established players at the tournament. 23 and a senior Dutch regular.

Says a lot about the difference in mentality that the Dutch send him, with 18 caps for the national side, while the England camp deem almost anyone who has featured under Hodgson to be above playing in this kind of competition.
Someone said last night, could've been on here that Pirlo played 45 times for the under 21s. He was promoted when they damn well said he was promoted

Unread 06-06-2013, 07:54 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

1-0 Holland

Woeful goalkeeping.

Unread 06-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Der Kaiser

Strootman has been anonymous so far.

Unread 06-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
1-0 Holland

Woeful goalkeeping.
2-0 Holland

Woeful goalkeeping.

Unread 06-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Vedder

Keeper

Unread 06-06-2013, 08:09 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
2-0 Holland

Woeful goalkeeping.
Yep.

Unread 06-06-2013, 08:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kaiser
Strootman has been anonymous so far.
Feels like he hasn't had many touches overall.

But again you look at his positioning. He's playing ahead of two central midfielders. This is where I don't see the Carrick comparisons.
He doesn't play as the deepest midfielder. He's often looking to get ahead of the ball. I thought they might look for him more in midfield, but they seem prepared to let him get into the final third and affect the game from there.

Also very lucky to escape a booking for pulling Herrmann back after getting burned for pace in the middle of the pitch

Unread 06-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:

But again you look at his positioning. He's playing ahead of two central midfielders. This is where I don't see the Carrick comparisons. He doesn't play as the deepest midfielder. He's often looking to get ahead of the ball. I thought they might look for him more in midfield, but they seem prepared to let him get into the final third and affect the game from there.

Also very lucky to escape a booking for pulling Herrmann back after getting burned for pace in the middle of the pitch
Typical sage this, if we do sign him he may have 4 good games followed by one bad, they will focus on the bad to prove their analysis is correct.

Unread 06-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Der Kaiser

Quote:

But again you look at his positioning. He's playing ahead of two central midfielders. This is where I don't see the Carrick comparisons.
He doesn't play as the deepest midfielder. He's often looking to get ahead of the ball. I thought they might look for him more in midfield, but they seem prepared to let him get into the final third and affect the game from there.

Not really impressed with what I've seen so far, he doesn't seem to be the type of player who controls the tempo of the game, and he isn't a really gifted playmaker. He just seems a bit mediocre.

Unread 06-06-2013, 08:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Typical sage this, if we do sign him he may have 4 good games followed by one bad, they will focus on the bad to prove their analysis is correct.
That's unfair. I'd have given him all the credit in the world if he'd suddenly developed pace since yesterday, tbf.

Unread 06-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Jack Duckworth

what's with tbr's rep?

Unread 06-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
That's unfair. I'd have given him all the credit in the world if he'd suddenly developed pace since yesterday, tbf.
I've had a few tbh.

Unread 06-06-2013, 08:37 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
what's with tbr's rep?
seems to be a stupid @#%&! that no one likes.

Fair assessment to be honest

Unread 06-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
seems to be a stupid @#%&! that no one likes.

Fair assessment to be honest

Unread 06-06-2013, 08:39 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
what's with tbr's rep?
seems like he was trying to use the Spain v Russia thread to post about Holland v Germany. Madness, I'm sure you'll agree.

Unread 06-06-2013, 08:40 PM
ryanMUFC

All a bit harsh
There's already an u21 thread anyway.

Unread 06-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Der Kaiser

A bit harsh on TBR, people have been posting about City signing Fernandinho in the Jesus Navas thread.
Closed Thread