United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-12-2020, 04:44 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
It’s not about Liverpool or any one team though. It’s a general proposal to help everyone.

Klopp and Wilder just seem to be the poster boys for each side of the argument.

We’ve heard a lot about how difficult it is for players without fans, the schedule and just generally about how difficult it is with Covid, but when there’s a proposal for something that helps to somewhat ease it, you get a really selfish point of view of simply “big clubs have better subs”. That might be a bi-product of it, but it’s not the reason and I do think if managers of all clubs had their own players interests at heart, they’d vote in favour.

Slightly different point, but look at David Luiz not getting subbed the other day. Managers will stand there when someone like Raul Jimenez smashes his skull and talk about how football doesn’t matter at the time like this and blah blah blah.... but don’t take David Luiz off. We need him. He should have been subbed immediately. No ifs and or buts.

Managers are extremely selfish in that sense and the more selfish position in this argument is the 3 subs one.

Klopp is right, even if the position does benefit his team.
Again though, you’ve posted this without anything really in the way of evidence to support it. It’s become too easy to just trot these lines about scheduling out, using covid as the basis, and everyone just accepts it. It’s not true mate, and Klopp is using this to make a self serving argument. Guaranteed if they were rolling teams like last year you wouldn’t hear a peep.

I’ll also guarantee that all he’s looking at is how he can blame everyone else for his misfortunes without once thinking about what he could have done differently.

Unread 05-12-2020, 04:45 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
*by-product.

Bi-product sounds like something else entirely.
Sorry, just finished reading the Elliott Page latest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Again though, you’ve posted this without anything really in the way of evidence to support it. It’s become too easy to just trot these lines about scheduling out, using covid as the basis, and everyone just accepts it. It’s not true mate, and Klopp is using this to make a self serving argument. Guaranteed if they were rolling teams like last year you wouldn’t hear a peep.

I’ll also guarantee that all he’s looking at is how he can blame everyone else for his misfortunes without once thinking about what he could have done differently.
I did earlier and you ignored it. We have a shorter summer than ever and we have a euros next summer. Back to back short summers without a major event is unique. And this is off the back of last season where games were crammed in to end the season.

If you look at the season unfolding now, it just looks like the normal Saturday to Wednesday run of the mill dynamic, but that doesn’t take into account how last season ended, the short break and the upcoming summer.

Listen, I don’t doubt that Klopp is more than pleased to try and get this to benefit his team too, but he’s still on the right side of the argument.

And again, it’s not just Klopp. Ole has mentioned it time and again and lost his shit after Everton about scheduling and we generally considered it fair.

How many clubs have voted in favour as well, is it 15? 14?

Unread 05-12-2020, 04:51 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Yep. Shaqiri has 51 minutes of football this season across two sub appearances. He could easily be starting against your Burnleys, your Fulhams etc.
Not sure they played either as of yet 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unread 05-12-2020, 05:36 PM
utd99

Quote:
I did earlier and you ignored it.

Unread 05-12-2020, 05:38 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Which is your favourite gif?.... that one, or the Eddie Murphy Trading Places sarcastic look up?

Unread 05-12-2020, 05:58 PM
utd99

Quote:

Which is your favourite gif?.... that one, or the Eddie Murphy Trading Places sarcastic look up?
They’re both definitely the utility players in my gif first 11.

Unread 05-12-2020, 06:15 PM
Fat Al

Unread 05-12-2020, 06:17 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al

Unread 05-12-2020, 09:06 PM
red in cumbria

Well, that's likely the only time Fulham will be in any respects level with Liverpool this season.

Unread 05-12-2020, 09:15 PM
utd99

Quote:
They have the most rest and are still whining louder than everyone else. I know you live there mate but I think it’s safe to crawl out of their ass for a minute or so.

Unread 05-12-2020, 09:29 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
They have the most rest and are still whining louder than everyone else. I know you live there mate but I think it’s safe to crawl out of their ass for a minute or so.
Mate, I’ve said several times it’s not just about them. It’s about the whole league. They’ll complain the most because they’re a bunch of self-righteous grandstanding bastards, but that doesn’t mean they’re on the wrong side of the argument.

I’m not sure if that graphic is any different to what it would be any other time of year, but this is more about the lack of prep this season, the lack of a summer coming up and how compacted the end of last season was.

Teams are gonna be absolutely done in by March this season.

Frankly, I think there’s a case for five subs in general, not just the ‘current climate’.

They are whining and they are also right. It’s both.

And trust me mate, living here has opened up new levels of hate I never knew I had

Unread 13-12-2020, 11:08 AM
waynes ear's

Unread 13-12-2020, 12:52 PM
utd99

There are some really apalling people on this planet.

Unread 13-12-2020, 06:39 PM
otbarney

Quote:
There are some really apalling people on this planet.
I even saw some sick £#%&! make a joke about Barbara Windsor's advent calendar today.

Unread 13-12-2020, 06:44 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
I even saw some sick £#%&! make a joke about Barbara Windsor's advent calendar today.

Unread 13-12-2020, 07:24 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well, that's likely the only time Fulham will be in any respects level with Liverpool this season.

Unread 13-12-2020, 07:25 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

How that wasn’t a pen in the first half is beyond me

Nailed on pen imv

Unread 13-12-2020, 07:32 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney

Unread 13-12-2020, 09:03 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Ngl, delighted to be wrong on this occasion

Unread 13-12-2020, 10:53 PM
AK14

I’m desperate for this #@&%! to fail spectacularly.

£#%&!ing ginormous goofy @#%&!.
Closed Thread