United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-07-2020, 04:08 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not seen him mentioned for ages. Is he any good?
He needs to leave Torino, they seem to a club going nowhere and have had a terrible season.

He's got 22 goals this season. 16 in the league (1 in 2). They only scored 43 goals in the league.

Would definitely add something different to our attack. Strong, good at holding the ball up, genuine threat in the air. However, he is Italy's #9 so reckon he will stay over there. Maybe a possible replacement for Martinez at Inter if he goes to Barca. Fiorentina tried signing him in Jan.

Unread 27-07-2020, 04:40 PM
windy waffles

Bloody loves Serie A does coracers - bloody loves it.

Unread 27-07-2020, 04:41 PM
Neo

Exclamation

Quote:
Lok and barca99
Barca99 is a low quality Scouse/City WUM.

Unread 27-07-2020, 04:56 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
£110m, ffs.

Who said the Germans don't have a sense of humour?!

United seem to be the only club interested in him, so that strengthens our hand. Get the lad to start pushing at his end, and this should be a done dealio.
This time next summer he’ll be in the last year of his contract and will be available for far less

Dortmund are taking the piss asking for over 100 mill

The Kai Havertz fee to Chelsea could be a good yardstick for Utd to compare what Sancho is realistically worth in this market

Unread 27-07-2020, 06:45 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Barca99 is a low quality Scouse/City WUM.
You are not the first person to allege this

Unread 27-07-2020, 08:27 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
This time next summer he’ll be in the last year of his contract and will be available for far less

Dortmund are taking the piss asking for over 100 mill

The Kai Havertz fee to Chelsea could be a good yardstick for Utd to compare what Sancho is realistically worth in this market
We’re damned if we do and damned if we don’t as always. We pay the ask and everyone’s piling on saying we got stitched up, we play hard ball and everyone piles on with the Glazers/Woodward don’t invest in the team.

I agree though that there should be room on this one. It seems the player wants to come, and I doubt anyone else is coughing up close to 100m for him. Watch how many “Disgusting” headlines there’ll be.

Unread 27-07-2020, 08:38 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Normal service resumed then I see
The fee that is going around is north of £100 million. I don’t think the club will pay that and I haven’t seen enough of him but I wouldn’t blame United if they told them to stick it. Bayern bought Sane and Chelsea bought Werner for half of that.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this one gets dragged on till deadline day if it happens.

Unread 27-07-2020, 08:43 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
The fee that is going around is north of £100 million. I don’t think the club will pay that and I haven’t seen enough of him but I wouldn’t blame United if they told them to stick it. Bayern bought Sane and Chelsea bought Werner for half of that.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this one gets dragged on till deadline day if it happens.
Sane has one year on his deal & Werner had a buyout clause. Hardly comparable.

Havertz is the closest thing to Sancho, yet his stats pale into comparison when you put them up against each other. Sancho is a year younger.

£90m is likely, just how it gets paid is probably the issue.

Dembele was sold by Dortmund for £135m or so a couple of years ago to Barca, they’re not stupid. We need Sancho to go full Madrid level mard & get it over the line.

Unread 27-07-2020, 08:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

Havertz is the closest thing to Sancho, yet his stats pale into comparison when you put them up against each other. Sancho is a year younger.

Dembele was sold by Dortmund for £135m or so a couple of years ago to Barca, they’re not stupid. We need Sancho to go full Madrid level mard & get it over the line.
Doubt he would do that tbh.

Havertz

Unread 27-07-2020, 10:25 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

My god, what a terrible transfer that was. Barcelona got 200m for Neymar and £#%&!ed it all up the wall on him and Coutinho with another 70 thrown in for good measure.

When Messi leaves they’re £#%&!ed.

Unread 27-07-2020, 10:33 PM
BarryX

The Yellow Wall's something else though. 25,000 in one terrace. Beer and Bratwurst...

Unread 27-07-2020, 10:37 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
The Yellow Wall's something else though. 25,000 in one terrace. Beer and Bratwurst...

Like Pure’s living room after curry night.

Unread 27-07-2020, 10:57 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Like Pure’s living room after curry night.
Ffs

Unread 27-07-2020, 11:14 PM
puressence

Quote:
he’s shite.
25 percent sell on clause so hopefully he goes for decent money

Utd could a lot worse than sign whoever the £#%&! runs bvb recruitment team. Complete conveyor belt of high priced young players go in cheap come out 3 to 4 times the amount paid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Self-aggrandising German scousers. Their business model is openly touting themselves as a pimping service for young players and they're a feeder club for their biggest rivals who smash them to pieces every time they play. Horrific club.
Some on here say it’s the club to go to

Unread 28-07-2020, 09:33 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
25 percent sell on clause so hopefully he goes for decent money

Utd could a lot worse than sign whoever the £#%&! runs bvb recruitment team. Complete conveyor belt of high priced young players go in cheap come out 3 to 4 times the amount paid

o
They go there because they know they are a selling club. They are not expected to win as Bayern are their daddies. Let's not compare this joke of a club to the winning machine that Manchester United are expected to be. People claim our owners aren't interested in winning and the league and then laud Dortmund

Unread 28-07-2020, 12:17 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence

Some on here say it’s the club to go to
For players and agents of course it’s the club to go to. Showcase your talents for a couple of years at a high level, then £#%&! off to the highest bidder. It’s like a glorified academy.

Unread 28-07-2020, 12:29 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
For players and agents of course it’s the club to go to. Showcase your talents for a couple of years at a high level, then £#%&! off to the highest bidder. It’s like a glorified academy.
I've actually thought that we may be using Dortmund as our own glorified academy/feeder club. Think about it. We've had a few comings and goings involving them over the last seven/eight years, post-takeover (Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, Januzaj). It's clear we were/are very keen on Bellingham and Haland (neither of whom would have been guaranteed game time in our first XI when Dortmund brought them), as well as Sancho. A lot of behind the scenes negotiations must have taken place with each. Bellingham joins them just as we're bidding for Sancho. No way could they have outspent us on Haland, but he goes there, gets a couple more years experience under his belt, and when they get another young striker, we will be in the market to sign him.

Think about it. Who would they rather be the feeder club for? Us or their main domestic rivals?

Unread 28-07-2020, 12:37 PM
Sapien

Quote:
I've actually thought that we may be using Dortmund as our own glorified academy/feeder club. Think about it. We've had a few comings and goings involving them over the last seven/eight years, post-takeover (Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, Januzaj). It's clear we were/are very keen on Bellingham and Haland (neither of whom would have been guaranteed game time in our first XI when Dortmund brought them), as well as Sancho. A lot of behind the scenes negotiations must have taken place with each. Bellingham joins them just as we're bidding for Sancho. No way could they have outspent us on Haland, but he goes there, gets a couple more years experience under his belt, and when they get another young striker, we will be in the market to sign him.

Think about it. Who would they rather be the feeder club for? Us or their main domestic rivals?
Based on the evidence I'd say it's more likely that they're using us to farm off their shite players

Unread 28-07-2020, 12:41 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Based on the evidence I'd say it's more likely that they're using us to farm off their shite players

Kagawa and Miki were both two of their biggest stars when we signed them. Always wanted us to get Reus, mind. He's a magical player...

Unread 28-07-2020, 12:59 PM
utd99

Quote:

Kagawa and Miki were both two of their biggest stars when we signed them. Always wanted us to get Reus, mind. He's a magical player...
Both were very good at integrating into the Dortmund style of high energy, high press quick football. Their quick link up play was exceptional. We bought them, then played in a completely different style. These were not possession based, slow build up players.
Closed Thread