Unread 16-10-2022, 03:39 PM
RedNick80

Linguard mkII

Unread 16-10-2022, 05:54 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Not good enough.

However, won’t say any names, but it’s almost like some are waiting to throw certain players under the bus, and care more about that than the team itself.
No need is there when certain individuals show actual glee at any iffy performance by a squad member they don't like.

I think with Sancho he needs to be emboldened by the coaching staff. He has excellent technique, and combines well with other players. He's a good dribbler too, and isn't actually that slow.

As he did at the end of the Omonia, he's got to be more proactive and take players on more often, be more direct and 'vertical' instead of being passive and taking the easy option.

Unread 16-10-2022, 05:57 PM
Sparky***

he's a good player, a bit lightweight but £#%&!ing hell he's 22 years old been here barely over a year and played in the worst United side i've seen in the last 30 years, give him a chance.

Unread 16-10-2022, 05:57 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Becoming increasingly cowardly on the ball.

Sick of him having a 1v1 with the fullback just inside the box and failing to take them on. For Christ sake, if you don’t beat him you could still draw the foul.

Grow a pair of %@#$&!s you cartoon tattooed wuss.

Unread 16-10-2022, 05:59 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
he's a good player, a bit lightweight but £#%&!ing hell he's 22 years old been here barely over a year and played in the worst United side i've seen in the last 30 years, give him a chance.
Yes. We seem to be fine with giving him last year, but totally insistent all should be well now.

It doesn’t work that way.

He has his moments, but you just hope there’s more from him. He should be a frightening player, rather than just a ‘nice’ player. Plenty of time and promise to put it right. Several will improve the longe the season goes on. I hope he’s one of them.

Unread 16-10-2022, 06:05 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Not good enough.

However, won’t say any names, but it’s almost like some are waiting to throw certain players under the bus, and care more about that than the team itself.
Shots fired at me...

I care about the team...it's why I've called him out for what he is - not good enough with over inflated stats from a shit league. Funny how no one else was chasing him for two years...

It's like we play with ten men sometimes. Does absolutely nothing.
Anyway, let's hope he has a miraculous turnaround in form and starts to justify at least a quarter of his price tag...

Unread 16-10-2022, 06:08 PM
dunk

Created 3 really good opportunities today. More than anyone else managed tbh.

Goes missing for great swathes of the game though.

Unread 16-10-2022, 06:21 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yes. We seem to be fine with giving him last year, but totally insistent all should be well now.

It doesn’t work that way.

He has his moments, but you just hope there’s more from him. He should be a frightening player, rather than just a ‘nice’ player. Plenty of time and promise to put it right. Several will improve the longe the season goes on. I hope he’s one of them.
His confidence is obviously shot to pieces like a lot of the other players in the team, still struggling to shake of the horrific spectre of the last 18 months. It's going to take a while. He's had 3 different £#%&!ing managers to get used to in the space of a year, 3 completely different sets of coaches as well. Again, i reiterate - he joined us as a 21 year old has spent the vast majority of that time in a dreadfully dysfunctional team. He's a very intelligent player as well, he's not a pace merchant who is going to burn his full back and leave them for dead, he relies on combination play. Also there's the small matter that he spent his entire dortmund career playing on the right and we're now playing him on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Shots fired at me...

I care about the team...it's why I've called him out for what he is - not good enough with over inflated stats from a shit league. Funny how no one else was chasing him for two years...

It's like we play with ten men sometimes. Does absolutely nothing.
Anyway, let's hope he has a miraculous turnaround in form and starts to justify at least a quarter of his price tag...
Steady on that almost sounds like you want him to do well. Wouldn't want you to be wrong about something on an internet forum.

Have you bumped your Haaland thread today you absolute quilt

Unread 16-10-2022, 06:23 PM
History

Although I don't massively rate him, think we need someone upfront who he can play those little touches in the box with. He's not going to get that with Ronaldo, probably needs Martial or Rashford upfront most of the time if you're gonna play Sancho

Unread 16-10-2022, 06:24 PM
dunk

Played on the left a lot for Dortmund tbh. More than on the right I think.

We need Martial to get fit and play regularly and give Sancho and Antony someone to get close to/play off/rotate with. Can’t do that with Ronaldo.

No surprise we look more blunt with a bloke that can’t run or do anything atm through the middle tbf. We looked a bit better with Rashford but the horse had bolted a bit by then.

Unread 16-10-2022, 06:26 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
His confidence is obviously shot to pieces like a lot of the other players in the team, still struggling to shake of the horrific spectre of the last 18 months. It's going to take a while. He's had 3 different £#%&!ing managers to get used to in the space of a year, 3 completely different sets of coaches as well. Again, i reiterate - he joined us as a 21 year old has spent the vast majority of that time in a dreadfully dysfunctional team. He's a very intelligent player as well, he's not a pace merchant who is going to burn his full back and leave them for dead, he relies on combination play. Also there's the small matter that he spent his entire dortmund career playing on the right and we're now playing him on the left.

Steady on that almost sounds like you want him to do well. Wouldn't want you to be wrong about something on an internet forum.

Have you bumped your Haaland thread today you absolute quilt
No, I completely agree. He’s frustrating now and his levels are not where they should be for how talented he is. You want more from him. But there’s signs…and there’s certainly reasons for why he isn’t.

Unread 16-10-2022, 06:45 PM
Coracao

Plays too often like a coward.

Unread 16-10-2022, 06:50 PM
armchair

Thought he was decent today. Not sure why he didn't get a go on the right at some stage.

Unread 16-10-2022, 07:00 PM
windy waffles

Didn't we buy him to solve our right wing problem?

Unread 16-10-2022, 07:12 PM
armchair

Quote:
Antony has played on the left loads.

Unread 16-10-2022, 07:15 PM
Joe Biden

Can't move antony left it negates his most effective trick.

I'd try sancho central and give Bruno a rest.

Unread 16-10-2022, 07:15 PM
92ToBury

Very Valencia today. Too many times he checked his run when he should have pushed on.

Unread 16-10-2022, 07:16 PM
dunk

The only times we looked dangerous first half were when Antony wandered over to the left and got in and around where Sancho was and they played off each other a bit. Should’ve done it more second half, unbalances is though, as Ron can’t go right.

Unread 16-10-2022, 08:08 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Very Valencia today. Too many times he checked his run when he should have pushed on.
This, peak Valencia

Unread 16-10-2022, 08:10 PM
Stickman

Quote:
this for me.

Finally a right winger etc

Barely ventures there.

The most damning thing for me will be if he misses out on the WC after being at the Euros. Getting the England drop is for James Maddison and Jarrod Bowen, not signings of Sancho’s stature.
Closed Thread