United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Billy Baroo

Default the football season starts...

...and immediately the amount of utter drivel posted on here increases by 1000%

we actually played some pretty decent football in patches, made several clearcut opportunities and dominated possession

some of the selections were down to mitigating circumstances

clearly the thing to do is call the players and manager a @#%&! despite us starting this season as champions and having added some young exciting players to the squad

we most certainly deserved to win the game despite being far from our fluent best.

but ubfortunately we didn't

this will continue to happen for the rest of your lives

as will winning games we had no right to

Unread 12-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Ed Sullivan

Thumbs up

hell yeah. You tell 'em billy-boy.

Unread 12-08-2007, 08:52 PM
user_name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo

as will the @#%&! comments sadly in ours

Unread 12-08-2007, 08:55 PM
tatty

I think criticisms of fergies lack of foresight in buying the type of striker we need are valid.

We don't live in a stalinist state where criticism of the leader is punished with automatic '@#%&!' status.

Many of us were saying weeks ago that we needed a different type of forward to Rooney/Tevez and the opening game has only served to reinforce the views of many.

Unread 12-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I think criticisms of fergies lack of foresight in buying the type of striker we need are valid.

We don't live in a stalinist state where criticism of the leader is punished with automatic '@#%&!' status.

Many of us were saying weeks ago that we needed a different type of forward to Rooney/Tevez and the opening game has only served to reinforce the views of many.
presumably we needed this player at the start of last year before won the league too

what is wrong with you people?

why can't you just trust the man? you've written him off so many times yet he just keeps winning the league, nobody gave us a prayer last year against chelsea. He also develops young talent exceptionally well and is building a squad that can challenge for many years to come

Unread 12-08-2007, 09:02 PM
neworder

Quote:
...and immediately the amount of utter drivel posted on here increases by 1000%

we actually played some pretty decent football in patches, made several clearcut opportunities and dominated possession

some of the selections were down to mitigating circumstances

clearly the thing to do is call the players and manager a @#%&! despite us starting this season as champions and having added some young exciting players to the squad

we most certainly deserved to win the game despite being far from our fluent best.

but ubfortunately we didn't

as will winning games we had no right to
spot on

Unread 12-08-2007, 09:04 PM
user_name

Quote:
presumably we needed this player at the start of last year before won the league too

why can't you just trust the man? you've written him off so many times yet he just keeps winning the league, nobody gave us a prayer last year against chelsea. He also develops young talent exceptionally well and is building a squad that can challenge for many years to come
well said mate.

Unread 12-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Barca '91

Quote:
you've written him off so many times yet he just keeps winning the league, nobody gave us a prayer last year against chelsea. He also develops young talent exceptionally well and is building a squad that can challenge for many years to come
sadly william most on here will read this post and be saying to themselves "yeah, wots yer point?"

idiots mate

Unread 12-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Red Caz

You had 20+ shots today.

How often will that lead to 0 goals? I'm not gonna say I'm disappointed withthe result, but I'm certainly mystified by it.

Unread 12-08-2007, 09:49 PM
tatty

Quote:

Yep, we needed another striker at the start of last season aswell.

Fergies record speaks for itself but if you want to slavishly nod in agreement at his every act or omission then feel free.

I'll have a think about things and come to my own conslusions if that's ok with you.

Unread 12-08-2007, 09:59 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Yep, we needed another striker at the start of last season aswell.

Fergies record speaks for itself but if you want to slavishly nod in agreement at his every act or omission then feel free.

I'll have a think about things and come to my own conslusions if that's ok with you.
of course errors are made, everybody makes mistakes

In general i will trust the decision making of the most successful utd manager of all time over a fan posting on the intraweb though

i'm not directing this at you, tatty, but many on here criticise and bang on about we should do this and we should do that but without offering a realistic viable solution. we don't know if players were approached, who is available, if fees were inflated to try to rinse us on players we were interested etc and over and above that the plethora of players who get suggested on here quite often are simply not good enough

anelka is player i would have been interested in myself but he comes with a lot of baggage, not one other major club has gone near him with a barge pole for some time

Unread 12-08-2007, 10:00 PM
jem

Quote:
£#%&! me... league champions playing at home against team with no ambition and we "actually played some pretty decent football.... in patches"?

sorry, did I say they were the team with no ambition?

Quote:
nobody gave us a prayer last year against chelsea.
I said we could win the league. I am underwhelmed by chelsea. they're just reading with #@&%!s on.

there is no £#%&!ing excuse for the holes in our squad. wasn't last year either. we've made good purchases. but we still lack a credible right back, a defensive midfielder and a centre forward. same as we did before the reading game.

I suppose if we'd bought lahm, frings and anelka, you'd have cried?

Unread 12-08-2007, 10:02 PM
JakeB

Theres been some real doom-spamming from people I had barely noticed posting about football issues during the build up to the season at all. Odd.

Edit: Ahem, see above.

Unread 12-08-2007, 10:02 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
I don't understand the link between signing Tevez and the point I made about a different type of striker to Rooney/Tevez being needed.

Tevez is a great signing and an Anelka type striker would give us the alternative to Saha.

It isn't knee jerk to comment on our weaknesses and if keeping stum and screaming '@#%&!', 'idiot', 'jcl' etc makes you a top red then i'll happily be a bottom, arf.
only because if, as you said,
Quote:
Many of us were saying weeks ago that we needed a different type of forward to Rooney/Tevez and the opening game has only served to reinforce the views of many
then why didn't you great the tevez signing with more criticism. 'He's not what we need, we need a goal mouth striker' etc.

Unread 12-08-2007, 10:06 PM
razzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
£#%&! me... league champions playing at home against team with no ambition and we "actually played some pretty decent football.... in patches"?

I said we could win the league. I am underwhelmed by chelsea. they're just reading with #@&%!s on.

there is no £#%&!ing excuse for the holes in our squad. wasn't last year either. we've made good purchases. but we still lack a credible right back, a defensive midfielder and a centre forward. same as we did before the reading game.

owen hargreaves?

Unread 12-08-2007, 10:07 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzle
owen hargreaves?
dumbass. next you'll be saying neville g and saha are ok at right back and centre forward.

these are where are squad is lacking. yes, we've got hargreaves. now, who the £#%&! else do we have? o'shea? pique? £#%&! off.

Unread 12-08-2007, 10:09 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

£#%&!ing hell Jem, have a word.

Feel like doing myself in after reading that.

Unread 12-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

we've bought a defensive midfielder and striker

see my point above re anelka

so we didn't click today...i'm £#%&!ing sick of this attitude that we should just automatically turn teams over with ease. there were peaople leaving the ground saying stuff like

"£#%&!ing disgrace"

"we're £#%&!ing shit"

"scholes is (nb 'is', not 'was today', but 'is') £#%&!"

"we won't win the league now"

i mean for £#%&!s sake, an under par performance (that we might have won 3 or 4 nil)

this reaction is pathetic

jem, you've got the knives out after 90 minutes. you love sticking it to ferguson. i'm sorry but it's boring

i saw some good things today too. Rooney looke fantastic until the injury, some of carricks passing was sublime, nani showed a few touches that impressed, the cente back pairing look solid and balanced, ronaldo beat people for fun (often without any fancy trickery) and delivered some excellent crosses that we nearly scored from, giggs hit the post

Unread 12-08-2007, 10:14 PM
razzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
dumbass. next you'll be saying neville g and saha are ok at right back and centre forward.

these are where are squad is lacking. yes, we've got hargreaves. now, who the £#%&! else do we have? o'shea? pique? £#%&! off.
don't tell me to £#%&! off you pompous @#%&!

we needed a defensive midfielder and we got one

we managed to win the league without one so the squad is stronger now than before

and when you start going to games and seeing what our midfielders do off the ball, you can then call me a dumbass

jesus, we had a poor game - it happens

Unread 12-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Rhodzy

I could of played centre back today and looked like Baresi tbh.
Closed Thread