United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: AC Milan vs Juventus - Who do you consider the biggest club?
Milan 25 54.35%
Juventus 21 45.65%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 10-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Coracao

Default AC Milan vs Juventus - Who do you consider the biggest club?

Poll to follow.

Unread 10-07-2009, 05:14 PM
History

Juventus are lucky to be even the biggest in their own city if it wasnt for a certain plane crash

Unread 10-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Grimson

Milan. Their CV in Europe is much better, and they fill their stadium for every game.

Unread 10-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Milan. Their CV in Europe is much better, and they fill their stadium for every game.
Smaller fanbase?

Dwarfed in terms of domestic success?

Unread 10-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Pop

Juve has the bigger global fan base (I think) Milan has the history and prestige.

Personally prefer Juventus though.

Unread 10-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Baron

Quote:
In short, that ^

Juve have this supposed reputation for "Italy's biggest" etc but their crowds are woeful & so is their European Cup haul in comparison to AC Milan.

Unread 10-07-2009, 05:17 PM
dodger

Quote:
Is that really such an important criteria?

Unread 10-07-2009, 05:18 PM
thatsfuctit

dont Juve get some proper shitty crowds from time to time?

Unread 10-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Ashley's Grime

I went off Juve after their disgraceful exit against the scouse @#%&!s in 2005.

Unread 10-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
In short, that ^

Juve have this supposed reputation for "Italy's biggest" etc but their crowds are woeful & so is their European Cup haul in comparison to AC Milan.
How can you say a club is bigger than another off the back of European Cup success though?

Mitigating circumstances with their ground too, although I find that strange to say the least.

£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
I went off Juve after their disgraceful exit against the scouse @#%&!s in 2005.
think Milan's capitulation in the final was a tiny bit worse don't you

MJ Ramone

Milan are the biggest Club of course, but I'll always have a soft spot for Juve after our annual Champions League tussles with them back in the 90s

They were like a barometer for us...each year we'd judge ourselves by their standard.
Fantastic night in 97/98 - the 3-2 with Giggsy's goal, Scholesy's cool finish & Teddy's masterclass.
Then the legendary semi-final's the following season - Giggsy's late equaliser at OT & the 2-3 comeback in Turin.

Unread 10-07-2009, 05:21 PM
£#%&! KFC

neither, £#%&! both of them

Forza Atalanta

Unread 10-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Coracao

For the record 32% of all football fans in Italy are Juve fans, according to the last research done. Which makes the crowds they get quite bizarre.

Unread 10-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
think Milan's capitulation in the final was a tiny bit worse don't you
Do you have to bring that up?

Unread 10-07-2009, 05:27 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
Do you have to bring that up?
you started it

Unread 10-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
How can you say a club is bigger than another off the back of European Cup success though?

Mitigating circumstances with their ground too, although I find that strange to say the least.
I'd say in the modern era it is to a degree - not to belittle achievements of other clubs but the European Cup was infinitely easier to win earlier in it's incarnation.

There may be mitigating circumstances, but Juve have also had the Calciopoli scandal which was the ones that were proven... and all the consistent talk of cheating & bribing etc for a long part of their history. It's all well & good having 170m "fans" worldwide, but if you can't fill your stadium it's %@#$&!s really.

I like a lot of Juve's history, and their battles with us in the '90's finally saw us usurp them but somehow they're more Real Madrid to Milan's Barcelona as it were & as such I'm less obliged to come out on their side in anything.

Unread 10-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
I'd say in the modern era it is to a degree - not to belittle achievements of other clubs but the European Cup was infinitely easier to win earlier in it's incarnation.

There may be mitigating circumstances, but Juve have also had the Calciopoli scandal which was the ones that were proven... and all the consistent talk of cheating & bribing etc for a long part of their history. It's all well & good having 170m "fans" worldwide, but if you can't fill your stadium it's %@#$&!s really.

I like a lot of Juve's history, and their battles with us in the '90's finally saw us usurp them but somehow they're more Real Madrid to Milan's Barcelona as it were & as such I'm less obliged to come out on their side in anything.
I'm sure you will agree that Juve's 3 Uefa Cups are rather impressive then...

And you claim Juventus have been involved in scandals...

Milan have also been previously relegated, and lets not forget that Milan were actually involved in the 2006 scandal themselves.

Their rise over the last 20 odd years was as a result of Berlusconi buying the club and pumping loads of money into it. I'd hardly compare them to Barca.

Unread 10-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Tumescent Throb

it's Juventus for me, although Milan have joined them over the last couple of decades after breaking clear of their city rivals.

Bettega and Franco Causio, Rossi, Trappatoni, Platini, Lippi, Del Piero all legendary figures in football history for me.

Milan's teams of the 80s and early 90s are well worth a place in football legend though, especially names like Sachi, Donandoni, Savicevic, Boban and Van Basten. Oh and Baresi and Maldini of course.

anyway, in short it's Juventus. i'm a traditionalist when it comes to football greatness.

Unread 10-07-2009, 05:39 PM
suedeshoes

Juventus by miles and miles. Been better for longer, have a grander history and have never signed Luthor Blissett, Mark Hately or Zjelko Kalac.
Closed Thread