United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-08-2017, 09:43 PM
dunk

United are turning over more money, making more profit than any other club in the World, they are apparently the most famous club in the World, and they are miles behind in the transfer market. Miles. Yes we'll knock a big fee out occasionally, but it's all a smokescreen, they are there to make money, not spend it. £#%&!ing Glazer @#%&!s.

Unread 10-08-2017, 09:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
United are turning over more money, making more profit than any other club in the World, they are apparently the most famous club in the World, and they are miles behind in the transfer market. Miles. Yes we'll knock a big fee out occasionally, but it's all a smokescreen, they are there to make money, not spend it. £#%&!ing Glazer @#%&!s.
of course, it's all on the never never.

they're taking out loans ffs. .

Unread 10-08-2017, 09:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
of course, it's all on the never never.

they're taking out loans ffs. .
We're only in for players if we have the ear of their agent or we convince them we're the only club for them. They will even shovel money to said agent to make it happen rather than go for a player for which there may be any other big side interested. That's why we bowed out on Sanches last summer, and countless others, soon as there's a hint they may have another option, we're out. Can't compete financially. It's £#%&!ing pathetic. 'Please Gareth, tell madrid you want to join United..' £#%&! off. There's talent on the move all over Europe, if we were serious we'd be in the mix for all of them.

Unread 10-08-2017, 09:51 PM
AK14

Weren't Madrid in for Pogba?...

Unread 10-08-2017, 09:51 PM
andyroo

Quote:
We're only in for players if we have the ear of their agent or we convince them we're the only club for them. They will even shovel money to said agent to make it happen rather than go for a player for which there may be any other big side interested. That's why we bowed out on Sanches last summer, and countless others, soon as there's a hint they may have another option, we're out. Can't compete financially.
Agents run us.

Well, agent.

Unread 10-08-2017, 09:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Never seriously. The deal for Pogba was moving for months.

Nobody wants to be in for Coutinho at £100m

Unread 10-08-2017, 10:01 PM
AK14

What was it that Woodward said a few years ago?

"We can do things other teams can only dream of"..

"Watch this space"...

£#%&!ing tit.

dunk

Quote:

"Watch this space"...

He's a slimey little #@&%!.

andyroo

Quote:

"Watch this space"...

Unread 10-08-2017, 10:03 PM
sa7

Quote:

"Watch this space"...

£#%&!ing tit.
He was referring to Blackburn Rover

Unread 10-08-2017, 10:06 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
He was referring to Blackburn Rover
They signed Shearer, we couldn't

Unread 10-08-2017, 10:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
They didn't want to get involved with paying £40m to his agent as part of the deal, neither did anyone else tbf

Unread 10-08-2017, 10:22 PM
dunk

I honestly find it hard to believe that Mourinho spent a year with the squad and a year trawling through World football with an apparently unlimited budget and came up with a list requiring only 4 players; Lindelof, Lukaku, Matic and Perisic. From the whole of World football those are the best 4 targets he could come up with? £#%&! me. clearly there are parameters and budgets etc. It's shit.

Unread 10-08-2017, 10:25 PM
andyroo

Quote:
I honestly find it hard to believe that Mourinho spent a year with the squad and a year trawling through World football with an apparently unlimited budget and came up with a list requiring only 4 players; Lindelof, Lukaku, Matic and Perisic. From the whole of World football those are the best 4 targets he could come up with? £#%&! me. clearly there are parameters and budgets etc. It's shit.
Danny Rose?

Unread 10-08-2017, 10:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Danny Rose?

Unread 10-08-2017, 10:30 PM
20 times

Quote:
How many times have you seen Lindelhof play for Benfica?

If you say you've seen him play more than once you're clearly lying

Unread 10-08-2017, 10:32 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Well firstly we don't have an unlimited budget
We are and always have been run as a business and have a large but finite amount to spend on transfers and wages
We can't drop 190 mill all in one go on a player plus the wages

With Lindelof who knows yet how good he is
Matic and Lukaku I can understand and early signs have been very promising

The issue I have is with the wide forward
Perisic or nobody...seriously
If we can't get one of the big boys for that role then I'd like to use our scouting department for once and pick up someone totally unexpected who probably wouldn't cost a great deal

Unread 10-08-2017, 10:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
How many times have you seen Lindelhof play for Benfica?

If you say you've seen him play more than once you're clearly lying
I'm not critiquing the signing of Lindelof, rather that he only wanted one CB after watching our squad for a year. And a kid at that.

Unread 10-08-2017, 10:48 PM
Cream

Quote:
I'm not critiquing the signing of Lindelof, rather that he only wanted one CB after watching our squad for a year. And a kid at that.
Agreed. Desperate for a decent, experienced CB.

Unread 10-08-2017, 11:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Well firstly we don't have an unlimited budget
We are and always have been run as a business and have a large but finite amount to spend on transfers and wages
We can't drop 190 mill all in one go on a player plus the wages

With Lindelof who knows yet how good he is
Matic and Lukaku I can understand and early signs have been very promising

The issue I have is with the wide forward
Perisic or nobody...seriously
If we can't get one of the big boys for that role then I'd like to use our scouting department for once and pick up someone totally unexpected who probably wouldn't cost a great deal
If FFP is still to be met, and apparently even with these 2 deals PSG expect to meet the criteria, despite them turning over less and making less profit than United, then in theory, of course United can pay similar fees. But that's by the by, PSG have built their side and are now trying to jump to the next level. United don't even seem prepared to build their next side, there seems to be a make do and mend mentality. They certainly don't seem to be busting a gut to get the players that will prove to be the foundation of a team to let a few years. Or if they are, they're doing it really £#%&!ing slowly. At 4 players a window, we should be somewhere near in 2022, by which time half of the @#%&!s Mourinho has signed will have been retired and had to be replaced
Closed Thread