United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-08-2016, 09:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
"the fact hart and kompany have somehow spawned 2 league titles and set themselves up for life in the process is exactly what's wrong with football today"

I don't agree with this statement. They had the most points and goals at the end of the season. If they did not they would not have won that's quite simple.

Its not like I am saying morgan is the best CB in the league but the fat c*** won the league last year and fair play to him for that.

If you are the best team in the league why would you not want to be paid for that ? I would say some of the later united teams that won the league were not the best I have ever seen but Fergie had them winning and I don't get mad at Darren gibbons for making a living out of the fact he was part of that.

I think hart is average but when they first won it they let in 29 goals, the year after we won it back we let in 49 big difference for such a shit c***.
so in other words you rate kompany. i don't. no biggie.

last season leicester were totally and utterly dominant in the league. they went to city and wiped the £#%&!ing floor with them as well btw.

Unread 15-08-2016, 09:06 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
so in other words you rate kompany. i don't. no biggie.

last season leicester were totally and utterly dominant in the league. they went to city and wiped the £#%&!ing floor with them as well btw.
city wiped the floor with us that year they won it etc it means nothing really. Point is if you win it I don't see that as a bad thing on the state of football if you make money or get a bigger contract for that then fair play.

Hart was always overrated and being English made it worse nqat. Kompany in recent years has slowed down and looked less mobile with the injuries but when they won the league the first time he was very very good. Recently I agree with you.

Unread 15-08-2016, 09:12 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
"the fact hart and kompany have somehow spawned 2 league titles and set themselves up for life in the process is exactly what's wrong with football today"

I don't agree with this statement. They had the most points and goals at the end of the season. If they did not they would not have won that's quite simple.

Its not like I am saying morgan is the best CB in the league but the fat @#%&! won the league last year and fair play to him for that.

If you are the best team in the league why would you not want to be paid for that ? I would say some of the later united teams that won the league were not the best I have ever seen but Fergie had them winning and I don't get mad at Darren gibbons for making a living out of the fact he was part of that.

I think hart is average but when they first won it they let in 29 goals, the year after we won it back we let in 49 big difference for such a shit @#%&!.
I'm not questioning what they're paid or why they're paid it - it's nonsensical to argue this point whilst still watching a team tbh.

My point is about their credentials as champions - they won it on goal difference 1st time iirc. A great way to win it if rubbing shit in our faces is your reason for being but an abysmal way to win if you're trying to showcase yourselves as a team of world standing. The fans would prefer the former and the owners the latter I guess. Atm regardless of pep, they remain a small minded small time club with lots of cash - I'm hopeful pep won't be able to change that.

Unread 15-08-2016, 09:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
city wiped the floor with us that year they won it etc it means nothing really. Point is if you win it I don't see that as a bad thing on the state of football if you make money or get a bigger contract for that then fair play.

Hart was always overrated and being English made it worse nqat. Kompany in recent years has slowed down and looked less mobile with the injuries but when they won the league the first time he was very very good. Recently I agree with you.
point about leicester is that they totally deserved it, got better when the pressure came, and went away at the end.

city in both theirs got into challenging position, bottled it, got let back in and then fell over the line...

the reason i never rated kompany was mostly that he could easily get sucked into a lunge but also that he cheated in his positioning and left himself open to a cute ball dropped over his shoulder even when he was facing the game. this was exposed by a lot of teams in the CL, not just the top ones, and began to be used in the PL as well. i was looking for it obviously, and also noticed it in a belguim game.

the money thing is not specific to city. i'd say the likes of smalling and jones at united appear to have set themselves up for life for achieving quite a lot less than kompany, albeit they both have title medals (smalling's got two of the things somehow).

Unread 15-08-2016, 09:27 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I'm not questioning what they're paid or why they're paid it - it's nonsensical to argue this point whilst still watching a team tbh.

My point is about their credentials as champions - they won it on goal difference 1st time iirc. A great way to win it if rubbing shit in our faces is your reason for being but an abysmal way to win if you're trying to showcase yourselves as a team of world standing. The fans would prefer the former and the owners the latter I guess. Atm regardless of pep, they remain a small minded small time club with lots of cash - I'm hopeful pep won't be able to change that.
i hear you babes i hear you

Unread 15-08-2016, 09:29 PM
Sizlack

Where would Hart go, Who would want him that needs a keeper? None of the top 6 hope he ends up back at ?Mansfield?

Unread 15-08-2016, 09:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
Where would Hart go, Who would want him that needs a keeper? None of the top 6 hope he ends up back at ?Mansfield?
Everton apparently. He's always felt a bit midtable to me. Perfect for City.

Unread 15-08-2016, 09:53 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Everton apparently. He's always felt a bit midtable to me. Perfect for City.
Yeah that would make sense. He's lucky really they are on the way 'up' so he wouldn't lose too much face.

Unread 15-08-2016, 11:53 PM
The Stella Fella

Everton got Steklenburgh and Joel - maybe the dippers?

Unread 16-08-2016, 03:43 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Everton got Steklenburgh and Joel - maybe the dippers?
He'll go to Liverpool.

Unread 16-08-2016, 08:38 AM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
He'll go to Liverpool.
Not a chance, they have already bought a keeper to put pressure on Simon and Klopp likes his keepers to be able to play on the floor.

Unread 16-08-2016, 08:49 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
he will be on huge dough as well.

Unread 16-08-2016, 09:31 AM
Tumescent Throb

probably easiest to just move him sideways to one of their other franchises - maybe play alongside pirlo in new york

Unread 16-08-2016, 09:41 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
maybe play alongside pirlo in new york
that would certainly improve his footwork.

Unread 16-08-2016, 05:11 PM
Billy Redface

SSN saying he'll definitely leave.

I'm not even arsed that they'll get someone better, it's great that Guardiola has come straight in seen that he's shit.

Unread 16-08-2016, 05:59 PM
waynes ear's

Sky sports pushing it as a "story" when nobody gives a £#%&!ing shit. He's dogshit.

Unread 16-08-2016, 06:01 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Sky sports pushing it as a "story" when nobody gives a £#%&!ing shit. He's dogshit.
Yeah but, he's English though. And brave

Unread 16-08-2016, 06:33 PM
Pop

Thumbs down

Going to Bayern Munich.

Neuer and Lewandoski and Muller and sixty BILLION to City in return!

Unread 16-08-2016, 06:38 PM
BobJones

Be quite amusing to see this @#%&!bag lumbering in midtable for the rest of his poxy career.

Unread 16-08-2016, 08:21 PM
Pop

No wonder they want rid of him....

Closed Thread