United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football Auto-Threads

Unread 25-03-2024, 09:00 AM
fred tissue

Default James Weir: ‘My Manchester United debut was an out-of-body experience. I wouldn’t change that for an

Midfielder on those early days under Louis van Gaal, spells in Hungary and Slovakia, and how injuries led to retirement at 28

“I have had so many operations on the left side that my body now tilts, and some days I could barely pass the ball,” the former Manchester United midfielder James Weir says. The 28-year-old is explaining why he has announced his retirement after a career plagued by injuries.

Weir made his Premier League debut as a last-minute substitute under Louis van Gaal on the same day as Marcus Rashford. The England striker scored a double against Arsenal that afternoon in February 2016 and his story needs no more telling, whereas Weir spent the following years on a somewhat nomadic journey, culminating in a sixth-month spell at Zlate Moravce, who sit bottom of the Slovakian top flight with five points from 24 games. Last month he called it a day.

Continue reading...

More...