United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-01-2013, 06:44 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I take it you are referring to Rooney?

Got a bit of a bee in your bonnet about Wayne haven't you?
When Rooney inevitably grabs the winning goal against Madrid next month & most likely gets the goal against City during the run-in to gives us the Title it'll be like a dagger through throbs heart.
Utterly bizarre

throb & rafabio certainly have a touch of the 'Judean Peoples front' about them where Rooney is concerned. What has Rooney ever done for us?

Considering he's such a level headed, bullshit free character who is immune to the drip fed hysteria that accompanies modern Football, throb certainly get's hysterical where Rooney is concerned.
What use would Rooney have been to us against Liverpool at Old Trafford or at White Hart Lane? ..thank god he misses those games.

anyway..team for tomorrow:

De Gea

Rafael
Vidic
Smalling
Buttner

Valencia
Fletcher
Cleverley
Young

Welbeck
Chicharito

Unread 04-01-2013, 06:47 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
When Rooney inevitably grabs the winning goal against Madrid next month & most likely gets the goal against City during the run-in to gives us the Title it'll be like a dagger through throbs heart.
Utterly bizarre

throb & rafabio certainly have a touch of the 'Judean Peoples front' about them where Rooney is concerned. What has Rooney ever done for us?

Considering he's such a level headed, bullshit free character who is immune to the drip fed hysteria that accompanies modern Football, throb certainly get's hysterical where Rooney is concerned.
What use would Rooney have been to us against Liverpool at Old Trafford or at White Hart Lane? ..thank god he misses those games.

anyway..team for tomorrow:

big Wazza will be back next week thankfully...you know what Fergie is like with the press
De Gea

Rafael
Vidic
Smalling
Buttner

Valencia
Fletcher
Cleverley
Young

Welbeck
Chicharito

Unread 04-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Utterly bizarre

hysterical

I'll be delighted to see Fatboy Wiggy win his place back on merit...

I didn't miss him one little bit over Xmas though, sorry about that.

Unread 04-01-2013, 07:06 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
I didn't miss him one little bit over Xmas though, sorry about that.
Well of course you didn't because we have great strikers at the Club.
He's missed 3 games - the first of which people on here were calling for Fergies head at half time describing it as the worst performance of the season.
The second was a routine, if slightly unconvincing home win against West Brom & the most recent was a top class display of finishing at Wigan.

Not sure how or why you want those games to 'prove' anything about Rooney, but that's your shout of course.

If Rooney is out for another week or 2 I'm quite sure we'll have enough to beat Liverpool & Spurs with what we have (although I suspect Kev's right about him being back sooner than we've been lead to believe) ..but Rooney has a decent record at WHL & we'll always miss him in games like Liverpool at home.

Unread 04-01-2013, 07:10 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

If Rooney is out for another week or 2 I'm quite sure we'll have enough to beat Liverpool & Spurs with what we have (although I suspect Kev's right about him being back sooner than we've been lead to believe) ..but Rooney has a decent record at WHL & we'll always miss him in games like Liverpool at home.
he did OK against the Vermin at home last season I recall

Unread 04-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Well of course you didn't because we have great strikers at the Club.
He's missed 3 games - the first of which people on here were calling for Fergies head at half time describing it as the worst performance of the season.
The second was a routine, if slightly unconvincing home win against West Brom & the most recent was a top class display of finishing at Wigan.

Not sure how or why you want those games to 'prove' anything about Rooney, but that's your shout of course.

your defence is quite touching

however, firstly what was said on here during any game at half-time, full-time or whenever isn't relevant, especially what the Moan spout

as far as proving anything about Rooney goes, get a grip - again you're a fanboy so it's obviouisly how you will interpret it, but:

the games United have won over christmas have shown that there is great potential within the squad for something a little more subtle than just sticking Rooney's name on the sheet because of who he is and what he's done in the past. If he isn't fit, or if others are playing better than him and/or other combinations are working well then Fatboy Wiggy should have to wait his turn, simple as that.

Unread 04-01-2013, 07:15 PM
carlosartorial

Youth team out, please.

Unread 04-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
he did OK against the Vermin at home last season I recall
yeah cracking day that was - Rooney scored in a couple of the 7 or 8 Vermin games at OT since he signed for us tbf to him

Unread 04-01-2013, 07:19 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
yeah cracking day that was - Rooney scored in a couple of the 7 or 8 Vermin games at OT since he signed for us tbf to him

we have an excellent record against the @#%&!s at home since big Wazza arrived and he has more than played a part in those wins with not just goals....although not as big a part as some obviously

Unread 04-01-2013, 07:22 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
You don't half talk alot of shit.

As soon as he's fit, he'll play - it's that simple...regardless of what internet ming-mongs think.

Unread 04-01-2013, 07:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial

As soon as he's fit, he'll play - it's that simple...regardless of what internet ming-mongs think
Sorry Throbbers, but

Unread 04-01-2013, 08:12 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Funny fixture tbf
Neither Ruud nor Eric scored at Anfield in their time at United...& neither of them scored against Liverpool from open play in a League match either home or away.
(although of course Eric scored a glorious Cup Final winner against them)

Unread 04-01-2013, 08:26 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Funny fixture tbf
Neither Ruud nor Eric scored at Anfield in their time at United...& neither of them scored against Liverpool from open play in a League match either home or away.
(although of course Eric scored a glorious Cup Final winner against them)
But Cole loved a goal against Liverpool especially at Anfield

As you said it's a funny fixture for some legendary goal scorers for both clubs.
How many games did it take Rush to score against us (something like 28 )

Unread 04-01-2013, 08:27 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

As you said it's a funny fixture for some legendary goal scorers for both clubs.
Ronaldo never scored at Anfailed either but got a few at OT

van persie took all of one game to score against the @#%&!s mind

Unread 04-01-2013, 08:33 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Yet Forlan, Berbatov, Silvestre, O'Shea etc.. all had a Liverpool moment..

Ronnie didn't have a great record against them in his 6 years at United either.
No goals at Anfield, 1 header & a pen against them at Old Trafford.

Unread 04-01-2013, 08:43 PM
dunk

I don't think Scholesy has ever scored at Anfield either...

Unread 04-01-2013, 08:46 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I don't think Scholesy has ever scored at Anfield either...
or played well

Unread 04-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Sorry Throbbers, but
wtf are you apologising to me for for what someone else typed on a post

Unread 04-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial

As soon as he's fit, he'll play - it's that simple...regardless of what internet ming-mongs think.

You say I talk shit - and then you repeat what I've £#%&!ing said you spanner

As soon as he's fit he'll almost certainly be straight back in with the slightest excuse or none at all

Unread 04-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Yet Forlan, Berbatov, Silvestre, O'Shea etc.. all had a Liverpool moment..

Ronnie didn't have a great record against them in his 6 years at United either.
No goals at Anfield, 1 header & a pen against them at Old Trafford.
wasn't it the Silvestre game when Ronaldo totally took the piss out of their defence in the 1st half
Closed Thread