Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-07-2010, 03:49 PM
redmike

Default Re: Winter Break

Quote:
Originally Posted by florentino ariza
i'm not talking about england i'm talking about united

we always arrive at the end of the season looking paggered, carrying injuries and with key players missing. Or they get injured in the run because they are tired

keeps them psychologically fresh too, just like for all of us when we go off on holiday for a week

there is clear merit, the other major leagues recognise it and every top manager in this country wants it for those reasons
Was not aimed at you, and yes it does have merit, but if all these experts believe that just by having a winter break players like glen johnson, gareth barry and mathew upson will suddenly turn into top class international performers they are £#%&!ing deluded.

Start with kids football, educate them how to pass the football, stick to a system of play, encourage them to try things, don't piss on them if they are not winning, then maybe in a generation we will have more players like paul scholes and paul gascoigne.

Unread 15-07-2010, 04:09 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
Was not aimed at you, and yes it does have merit, but if all these experts believe that just by having a winter break players like glen johnson, gareth barry and mathew upson will suddenly turn into top class international performers they are £#%&!ing deluded.

Start with kids football, educate them how to pass the football, stick to a system of play, encourage them to try things, don't piss on them if they are not winning, then maybe in a generation we will have more players like paul scholes and paul gascoigne.
No, for that to happen I think you would need to have some sort of an accident involving a particle accelerator and maybe some sort of exotic insect

Unread 15-07-2010, 05:12 PM
rafabio

one clear rule I want is to completely ban any mid season friendlies for any clubs. it would be good if international friendlies are £#%&!ed off too.

And also I would like international matches to be played in a bunch. like at least 4 at a time.
Closed Thread