United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-01-2021, 01:49 AM
Cream

Is it me or do you not really hear much from journalists or other clubs' fans about Rashford?

I'm still not sure what level I put him at. Maybe because he's still young. Have a horrible feeling he won't fulfil his talent, which isn't really founded upon anything.

Lives the right life. Doesn't seem to carry a ton of injuries. Level headed.

Unread 26-01-2021, 04:14 AM
jesper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Is it me or do you not really hear much from journalists or other clubs' fans about Rashford?

I'm still not sure what level I put him at. Maybe because he's still young. Have a horrible feeling he won't fulfil his talent, which isn't really founded upon anything.

Lives the right life. Doesn't seem to carry a ton of injuries. Level headed.
Probably don't hear much criticism as he's clearly a decent kid with his heart in the right place, doesn't act the #@&%! on the field either.

I have a couple of blue mates, asked them which player they would take from us if they could. Both said Rashford, not even close. He might be rated higher by other fans than a lot of United fans.

Unread 26-01-2021, 09:01 AM
puressence

the only person ive heard bad mouth rashford is marlo ... fact .. cos he wouldnt let marlo carry his bags at mcr airport

Unread 26-01-2021, 09:51 AM
Dr Stranger

He needs a bit more consistency of performance and finishing before he’s quite in that top bracket, in my opinion. He has spells like this where he looks unplayable, then a handful of games where he looks reserved like he’s carrying a knock.

I’m entirely confident it’s simply an age thing and he’ll have a point, similar to Ronaldo, where he just breaks through that and unleashes hell.

Was it 06-07 when Ronaldo really kicked on? Starting murdering teams every week, racked up about 30 goals and that cutting in from the left and rattling it into the far corner felt inevitable. When rashford gets clean through, I’m never quite sure what’s going to happen.

I think we’ll see another level in the next 12-18 months and I wouldn’t swap him for anyone in the world.

Unread 26-01-2021, 11:15 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesper
Probably don't hear much criticism as he's clearly a decent kid with his heart in the right place, doesn't act the #@&%! on the field either.

I have a couple of blue mates, asked them which player they would take from us if they could. Both said Rashford, not even close. He might be rated higher by other fans than a lot of United fans.
Good to hear. Might ask my blue dad next time I see him.

Just doesn't appear to be much hype surrounding his skills. It's always De Bruyne, Bruno, Salah, even Van Dijlk.

Then there's the Grealish/Maddison type love ins.

Opinion on Marcus seems more like that of Sterling - without the universal derision. Probs just at the inbetween stage of his career.

Unread 26-01-2021, 11:49 AM
Hyman_Roth

Agree he’s not in the top bracket just yet but he’s got all the attributes to get there. If he can turn the corner on this season now - like he showed against the rats in the cup - then he’ll not only elevate himself but he might only go and push us onto a league title.

Can’t remember a United player in recent history that I want to succeed more.

We desperately need goals though to kill off more games earlier and preserve our physical and mental energies. Keep hanging onto narrow wins all the time is exhausting for everyone.

Unread 26-01-2021, 12:05 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Agree he’s not in the top bracket just yet but he’s got all the attributes to get there. If he can turn the corner on this season now - like he showed against the rats in the cup - then he’ll not only elevate himself but he might only go and push us onto a league title.

Can’t remember a United player in recent history that I want to succeed more.

We desperately need goals though to kill off more games earlier and preserve our physical and mental energies. Keep hanging onto narrow wins all the time is exhausting for everyone.
Exhilarating, more like.

Not a criticism but you sound quite risk averse? You will receive a an advanced copy of my book 'AWA' when it's ready.

Unread 26-01-2021, 12:30 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Exhilarating, more like.

Not a criticism but you sound quite risk averse? You will receive a an advanced copy of my book 'AWA' when it's ready.
Think so. Obvs, I’m a big fan of exhilaration but have this nagging thing about crushing disappointment. Quite happy therefore to settle for mundane success.

Huge risk taker when I was younger btw but less so now. Saying that, I nearly died running at night on the moors last week during that torrential weather and fog aka zero visibility. Got completely lost and couldn’t open my phone easily. Head torch illuminated my feet and that was it.

Would prefer to perish than call for help though. Found a route out of that hell hole after 30 mins or so after the dog had pulled me through countless waist deep bogs.

What does awa stand for?

Unread 26-01-2021, 02:49 PM
ZiggyStardust

Ole said he’s fine and back in training and available for tomorrow

Unread 26-01-2021, 02:55 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Think so. Obvs, I’m a big fan of exhilaration but have this nagging thing about crushing disappointment. Quite happy therefore to settle for mundane success.

Huge risk taker when I was younger btw but less so now. Saying that, I nearly died running at night on the moors last week during that torrential weather and fog aka zero visibility. Got completely lost and couldn’t open my phone easily. Head torch illuminated my feet and that was it.

Would prefer to perish than call for help though. Found a route out of that hell hole after 30 mins or so after the dog had pulled me through countless waist deep bogs.

What does awa stand for?
Alpha Warrior Adventurer.

Unread 26-01-2021, 02:57 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Alpha Warrior Adventurer.

You took somebody else's dogs to the park and got a Macdonald's to take home ..

Steady on Ant Middleton

Unread 26-01-2021, 03:50 PM
Vida_15

really there has been a lot of pressure placed on marcus over the past 2 seasons to carry United as an attacking group so he's been slated by everyone, including myself, when he goes off the boil a bit...he's still young and learning

he's clearly not at the top level just yet but i don't think he's that far away from being one of the most feared wingers in europe....he just lacks a bit of consistency in both performances and finishing

Unread 26-01-2021, 04:57 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

You took somebody else's dogs to the park and got a Macdonald's to take home ..

Steady on Ant Middleton
Has it not crossed your mind that I might be waiting to get the correct gear first?

1: Coat
2: Wellingtons
3: Full thermals
4: Gloves
5: Torch

etc

(items acquired in bold)

Unread 26-01-2021, 05:04 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Has it not crossed your mind that I might be waiting to get the correct gear first?

1: Coat
2: Wellingtons
3: Full thermals
4: Gloves
5: Torch

etc

(items acquired in bold)
I getcha.

My old grandpappy used to always carry in his pocket:

a ball of string
a half-packet of biscuits
a whistle
change for the pay phone
EDIT: toilet paper
etc

and he was at Dunkirk!

Unread 02-02-2021, 10:17 PM
20LEgend1999

3 days ago:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redacted
our biggest hindrance is Marcus rashford.

Unread 02-02-2021, 10:20 PM
dunk

Unread 03-02-2021, 09:42 AM
thatsfuctit

Unread 03-02-2021, 12:41 PM
utd99

Good game. He can’t disappear for 4 matches now, he needs to find some consistency.

Unread 03-02-2021, 02:27 PM
Ethers

Disappeared for 4 matches?!

Unread 03-02-2021, 04:06 PM
Vida_15

he doesnt have to score every match but he needs to have an impact each time and not piss about like Martial does most of the time
Closed Thread