United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-01-2021, 09:34 AM
barca99

Default Team v Sheffield United

With games coming thick and fast and Sheffield United being utter f***ing dogshit chance to rest a few imo.

Others have shown they can step up to the plate and perform, we are getting some real strength in depth. which bodes very well as we march towards the triple.

DDG

Axel
Maguire
Linders
Telles

Pogba
Fred
VDB

Mata
Martial
Greenwood

Expect them to sit deep so Mata could hold the key. Rashford injured, rest Bruno again.

Arsenal away on Saturday with Southampton 3 days later.

Tricky game v Everton and an FA Cup mid weeker on the horizon.

Unread 25-01-2021, 09:50 AM
Dr Stranger

I don’t really see it as resting people.

There’s only really Maguire, AWB, Rashord and Bruno who don’t get rotated.

We’ll probably make another 3 or 4 changes to freshen things up, but we don’t even really have a fixed 11 anyway.

And no £#%&!ing about anyway. It’s a league game and despite them being cut off, Sheffield United haven’t rolled over for anyone when I’ve seen them. We’re in no position to start £#%&!ing about.

Unread 25-01-2021, 09:57 AM
AK14

Dave

Axel
Bailly
Maguire
Telles

Fred
Matic
Donny

Greenwood
Martial
Rashers

Unread 25-01-2021, 10:24 AM
Vedder

Full strength. This does not slip, we go again

Unread 25-01-2021, 10:30 AM
Switching Off

Probably go unchanged, or bring Bailly back.

Unread 25-01-2021, 10:32 AM
dragflick

Bruno will start, nqat.

Unread 25-01-2021, 10:43 AM
jem

not sure anyone should be thinking "sheffield united are utter £#%&!ing dogshit".

at least one of pogba and bruno has to play. wrapping rashford in cotton wool makes sense, though.

Unread 25-01-2021, 10:43 AM
triple sod

De Gea

Tuanzebe / Bailly / Maguire / Telles

Fred / Matic

Greenwood / Bruno / Pogba

Martial

Save Cavani for Arsenal and get Bruno off early second half hopefully

Unread 25-01-2021, 11:09 AM
browser

Same front 3 as Sunday please.

Bruno, Matic and Fred

Bailly in for Lindelof.

Martial back for the Arsenal game.

Sessions.

Unread 25-01-2021, 11:15 AM
Maureens P45

Lads, its Sheffield united. Lets give some of the stiffs a chance to get a last minute January move

DDG
AWB
Bailly
Maguire
Williams
Matic
Fred
Greenwood
Fernandes
Mata
Martial

Bench: Henderson, Lindelof, Telles, Tunazebe, The Scottish Player, VDB, James, Lingard (@#%&!), Ighalo (give him one more run out before his loan ends)

Rest Shaw, Pogba, Cavani and Rashford for the Arsenal Game.

In fact if those two donkeys Jones and Rojo were registered id give them a run out, potential shop window etc.

Unread 25-01-2021, 02:42 PM
Vida_15

you know they'll go 352 so i don't think it's necessarily the team selection that is the concern but more so about how Ole sets up the team

if they end up sitting in a 532...we have to break them down which has been our biggest stumbling block over the past 10 months or hell since Ole took over United

Unread 25-01-2021, 06:50 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not sure anyone should be thinking "sheffield united are utter £#%&!ing dogshit"
Yep, that's how we come unstuck. Treat this one with total seriousness.

Unread 25-01-2021, 06:58 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
you know they'll go 352 so i don't think it's necessarily the team selection that is the concern but more so about how Ole sets up the team

if they end up sitting in a 532...we have to break them down which has been our biggest stumbling block over the past 10 months or hell since Ole took over United
Not since Bruno arrived it hasn’t.

Unread 25-01-2021, 07:08 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Not since Bruno arrived it hasn’t.
was talking about how Sheffield will set up not Ole....i suspect he stays 4231 and lets the front 3 press their 3 CB's

Unread 25-01-2021, 07:13 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
was talking about how Sheffield will set up not Ole....i suspect he stays 4231 and lets the front 3 press their 3 CB's
I think he was saying we haven’t struggled to break teams down as much since Bruno came in. Which is true, we’re now winning more of those scrappy games where we have to grind It out.

Edit: the fear factor is coming back imo. Teams are now expecting us to score somehow. That’s a big shift from a couple of seasons ago where the like of Brighton were rocking up at ours and having a go at us.

Unread 25-01-2021, 07:18 PM
Vida_15

my mistake.....i still think at times we struggle to break down teams that play 5 across the back but the one thing that has helped is Cavani as he doesn't need space to run and Bruno because he can pick out a pass and will take a risk in the final third to force a pass

Unread 25-01-2021, 07:20 PM
History

De gea
AWB
Bailly
Maguire
Telles

Matic
Fred

Greenwood
Fernandes
VDB
Martial

Let Pogba, Rashford and Shaw be rested for the weekend as I think they will be Key. Also Cavani as hes not played 3 in a week for so long, so just managing his fitness

Unread 25-01-2021, 07:23 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
my mistake.....i still think at times we struggle to break down teams that play 5 across the back but the one thing that has helped is Cavani as he doesn't need space to run and Bruno because he can pick out a pass and will take a risk in the final third to force a pass
That’s two things that help. It’s hard for any team to break down a 10 man defence, which is often what happens against some of the grubby little clubs. As said, we’re now grinding out results in those kind of games - that breeds confidence in us and fear in the opposition.

Unread 25-01-2021, 09:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yep, that's how we come unstuck. Treat this one with total seriousness.
Yep. We are in no position to do that. Full strength and get it won.

David

Aaron
Harry
Eric
Luke

Scott
Erm... Fred
Bruno

Paul
Marcus
Edinson

(That looks so creepy. How do Scousers do it?)

Unread 25-01-2021, 09:38 PM
NedKelly

Goatman

Obi-Wan-Bissaka
Goliath
Mad Eric
Fatty

Freddie
Pogo the Clown
Cantona-1000

Daddy
Vernon Kay