United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-09-2019, 10:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
At this level of valuation it’s either going to be the Glazers or a nation state looking to launder their blood money. Talking about ownership is a fruitless exercise I think.
We won't be maintaining this level of valuation for long, I can assure you.

There's only so long you can continue to squeeze the goose before the golden eggs stop popping out and at the rate we're declining along with a few 9th or 10th place finishes... that should see the share price take a huge shit.

Unread 23-09-2019, 11:15 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We won't be maintaining this level of valuation for long, I can assure you.

There's only so long you can continue to squeeze the goose before the golden eggs stop popping out and at the rate we're declining along with a few 9th or 10th place finishes... that should see the share price take a huge shit.
We'll end up with one of the Champions League/Super League positions they'll create for teams too shit to qualify in the top 4 of their domestic league and the value will end up going up. They use us as collateral, they're going nowhere.

Unread 24-09-2019, 05:41 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
We'll end up with one of the Champions League/Super League positions they'll create for teams too shit to qualify in the top 4 of their domestic league and the value will end up going up. They use us as collateral, they're going nowhere.
European Super League is an obvious outcome. The more of a stroll domestic leagues become the greater the pressure - let's hope we can get in on the coat tails

Unread 24-09-2019, 06:50 AM
The Stella Fella

If this carries on they will regret not getting another 3/4 players. In the summer. As the 3 we signed showed we still had the appeal of a rebuild with a chance in the summer but if this season is worse then more players will say no thanks.

Woodward doesn’t realise it gets harder to push something uphill the further down it goes.

Unread 24-09-2019, 07:07 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
If this carries on they will regret not getting another 3/4 players. In the summer. As the 3 we signed showed we still had the appeal of a rebuild with a chance in the summer but if this season is worse then more players will say no thanks.

Woodward doesn’t realise it gets harder to push something uphill the further down it goes.
True but I guess there is a real fear of another disastrous Sanchez type signing

Unread 24-09-2019, 07:11 AM
windy waffles

Shit will hit the fan this summer when we don't quality for the CL again and the Adidas money is halved...

Unread 24-09-2019, 07:31 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Shit will hit the fan this summer when we don't quality for the CL again and the Adidas money is halved...
Money talks - or lack of.

Unread 24-09-2019, 11:11 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
All jokes aside I think new owners is the only option.
Of course it is. We wonder get them though.

Unread 24-09-2019, 12:57 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
True but I guess there is a real fear of another disastrous Sanchez type signing
I am not talking older style players necessarily but the squad is as strong as wet tissue paper. DO they think those players will be cheaper next year? or even interested? (whoever they may be)?

You sometimes have to spend big to stop the rot and then build slower. We have done neither and it will cost more and more with every passing season.

Unread 24-09-2019, 01:22 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Think you forget the type of players that are around nowadays. They are all about quick easy winning and brand, in the main. Very few leaders or legends in the modern game
Makes you wonder how Liverpool managed to sign any players to get them where they are now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
What are you talking about
Bayern have won the last god knows how many German league titles and make easy work of getting to the CL knockout stages
Sounds boring as £#%&! for any player who has anything about them.

Unread 24-09-2019, 02:20 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
As irritating as Pogba is, the last two games have confirmed he is our best player and the only midfielder we have capable of creating chances. We absolutely need him back ASAP.
No we don't he is part of the problem. Plays if he feels like it and more interested in social media and image. Needs £#%&!ing off.

Unread 24-09-2019, 03:09 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Makes you wonder how Liverpool managed to sign any players to get them where they are now.
It was not by signing leaders until they got Dick van Dyke. They will say Henderson is, but in the main the style of high tempo play works better if all 11 play it to the point there is less requirement for "leaders" - all 11 are running constantly. Leaders needed when some wont or struggle to raise their game etc.

Also remember it took Liverpool how many years to get to where they are now??
Closed Thread