United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 04-03-2017, 06:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
I was more frustrated with the 1st half tbh.
The game should have been over.
I can take missing a few chances.

Playing like cloggers against a 10-man Bournemouth side for the whole second half, less so.

20 goals from 14 games at Old Trafford. That's despite putting four past Leicester. Basically can't afford to concede at home.

Unread 04-03-2017, 06:33 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Playing like cloggers against a 10-man Bournemouth side for the whole second half, less so.

20 goals from 14 games at Old Trafford. That's despite putting four past Leicester. Basically can't afford to concede at home.
Correct. We basically have one player that can win us games. If he is poor, as he was today, we have very little behind him.

Unread 04-03-2017, 06:34 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Can see carnage on here today
Sage

Unread 04-03-2017, 06:40 PM
andyroo

Unread 04-03-2017, 06:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Sage

Unread 04-03-2017, 07:10 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Like watching a Conference North match second half. Appalling quality.

Headsgone from Zlat and Pog and the rest of them followed. Utterly abysmal.
Harsh on the Conference North imo.

Unread 04-03-2017, 07:17 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

I'm starting to think that this side is developing an issue with playing at OT

If we're not ahead going into the 2nd half we seem to start panicking very soon into the 2nd half
Generally look more composed away from OT

£#%&!ing mentality of this side since Fergie retired

Unread 04-03-2017, 07:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

If we're not ahead going into the 2nd half we seem to start panicking very soon into the 2nd half

Some @#%&! spent two years and £250m selling off all our habitual winners and signing spineless @#%&!s

Unread 04-03-2017, 07:26 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Rashford even gave an interview pre-game where he said he was more than happy being played across the frontline to learn his trade.
Mate he's 19 what's he meant to say Jose is a @#%&! .. £#%&! me the kneejerk reaction has been nothing short of staggering .. yes it's frustrating yes we should be winning these games. But give me this season over the last 5 any day .. and a manager who's doing fantastic. The shit I've read reguarding zlatan and pogba beggars belief it really does. Yes we've drawn games yes we should be further up the table but if you can't see the difference in what he's building then why bother. Like a £#%&!ing cancer some of you lot eating away so you can im right I said that I told you so.

Unread 04-03-2017, 07:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Tbf, we came from behind to win a cup final in LVG's last game

I take your point though. We're clearly making progress. Days like today are a shitter, but in the wider scheme of things we're constantly getting better
I agree. It's there in fits and starts. Just not showing it every week.

A bit of a hangover this weekend. Took their eye off the ball

Unread 04-03-2017, 07:39 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

missing chances is the biggest issue by far and away - yet again we created a host of good chances and yet again we missed them, allowed the game to drift and couldn't get any rhythm back... in recent weeks we've scored more from less chances, and for a while now we've found a way to win even in games we haven't played great.

but also, yet again, as has been the case for 4 seasons now, every time this team has a chance, especially at home, to take advantage of a decent run we've done all the prep and then missed our cue... it could easily be 5 or 6 weeks now until we're in position to break into the top 4. and that coincides with chelsea at home.

Unread 04-03-2017, 07:40 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Correct. We basically have one player that can win us games. If he is poor, as he was today, we have very little behind him.
would be more accurate to say if he's poor we don't change anything. we have plenty of players who can win us games.

Unread 04-03-2017, 07:42 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Mate he's 19 what's he meant to say Jose is a c*** .. £#%&! me the kneejerk reaction has been nothing short of staggering .. yes it's frustrating yes we should be winning these games. But give me this season over the last 5 any day .. and a manager who's doing fantastic. The shit I've read reguarding zlatan and pogba beggars belief it really does. Yes we've drawn games yes we should be further up the table but if you can't see the difference in what he's building then why bother. Like a £#%&!ing cancer some of you lot eating away so you can im right I said that I told you so.
7 draws in the last 11 home league games apparently.

it's easy to look beyond each one at the bigger picture might become. but at some point you have to have a look at what the bigger picture actually is.

jose sat in the presser yesterday going on about how he'll bring in 3 or 4 top players in the summer tells the players quite a lot about what he thinks of the team i suppose.

Unread 04-03-2017, 07:44 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

It's where the great players step up. We all know the cliche about big players making the difference in the big games, but just as much you need that top mentality in games where the crowd gets frustrated against a weaker side at home. Every big team gets them.

We have reverted back to a quite basic style of play, which I'd expect to be more productive against weaker sides. And indeed we create more chances as a result. But the team clearly lacks some kind of focus because execution and fluidity remains very poor.

Unread 04-03-2017, 07:53 PM
andyroo

Pogba did score the winner in one such game not long ago.

Only one though. FFS that was bad today. So bad. So £#%&!ing annoyingly bad.

Unread 04-03-2017, 08:01 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

it's easy to look beyond each one at the bigger picture might become. but at some point you have to have a look at what the bigger picture actually is.

Unread 04-03-2017, 08:02 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Unread 04-03-2017, 08:11 PM
utd99

We're still so £#%&!ing sloppy. Virtually every move today inevitably passed through one moment of sloppy execution or another. Very little was actually clean and clinical from beginning to end.

We also still have too many players who are happy to completely suck any momentum out of a move by doing something unnecessarily 'safe'.

Unread 04-03-2017, 08:15 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
It's where the great players step up.We all know the cliche about big players making the difference in the big games, but just as much you need that top mentality in games where the crowd gets frustrated against a weaker side at home. Every big team gets them.

We have reverted back to a quite basic style of play, which I'd expect to be more productive against weaker sides. And indeed we create more chances as a result. But the team clearly lacks some kind of focus because execution and fluidity remains very poor.

talk about exaggerating.

the way the phrase great player is bandied about these days it's fair to say that carrick more than fits the bill. today he was mostly abysmal. against bournemouth. at home. where he's run games for a decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
We're still so £#%&!ing sloppy. Virtually every move today inevitably passed through one moment of sloppy execution or another. Very little was actually clean and clinical from beginning to end.

We also still have too many players who are happy to completely suck any momentum out of a move by doing something unnecessarily 'safe'.
yep, true.

Unread 04-03-2017, 08:19 PM
Zorg

Too many £#%&!ing average players imo. I know Pogba was shite, but if I never see Smalling, Jones and Rojo again it'll be a billion years too soon. None of them would get anywhere near the best United sides of the last 20 years, not even £#%&!ing close. Average dross.