United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonso Alves
why? arent you english? club before country yes, but surely you want them to win? no wonder the country is going down the pans
Being English has £#%&! all to do with supporting the national team. For me it's just another team that's not United that consists in part of Chelsea and Liverpool players. As long as our players don't get injured I honestly couldn't give a £#%&! what happens to them although I do enjoy watching the giddy no-nothing @#%&!s with tear tainted face paint once every 2-4 years.

It's also for Southerners imo as the only chance anyone up here got to watch the @#%&!s without mooching a couple of hundred miles is because Wemberlee was unavailable. I reckon I'd have a different outlook if I would have had the chance to watch them as a kid but I didn't.

Unread 21-11-2007, 07:29 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
I'm going to ask grimson to stop though, so a pm is on his way.

Unread 21-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
I'm going to ask grimson to stop though, so a pm is on his way.
I wish you'd asked me to stop before this season.

Unread 21-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

I didn't know United was United when I first started to support them. I certainly didn't have any kind of a grasp of timelines and dates and so on. My6 mate said they were the best and I should say I supported them. Then a bit after he said him and his dad were going Saturday and I should go as well.

It was ace.

Unread 21-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Argentina

Hahahahahahahahahahah

Unread 21-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Crumps

I bet Paul Robinson is laughing his #@&%! off.

Unread 21-11-2007, 09:14 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
Carson to make a clanger. i can see it now. nft.

give me satdees lotto numbers nostradamus

Unread 21-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless

give me satdees lotto numbers nostradamus
Quality

Unread 21-11-2007, 09:17 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Quality
one hell of a prediction by el caf

Unread 22-11-2007, 12:05 AM
El Calafate

bttt. nft.

Unread 22-11-2007, 10:59 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
No, again you've got it wrong. I suggested you wouldn't still be a United fan, not that you'd never have become one in the first place. You can protest to the contrary, but it's never been put to the test. It's like saying you'd still love your wife if she got fat. Maybe you would and maybe you wouldn't, but it's an easy thing to say when she's thin.
Not wishing to be too contrary but I'm really struggling to see your point.

Are you simply saying that United attract large crowds because they are successful and play attractive football and that if we started to play like Sheff United then large elements of our support would drift away?

No shit Sherlock. We are a club of increasingly superficial support.

Would I £#%&! it off? Who knows. I've stuck with United through the late 70's and 80's when success was at best sporadic. I was one of the 27k (?) who turned up against Wimbledon at ot and the most home and away matches I have ever attended in a season came in 1989. But now, with other commitments (family), inflated ticket prices, shit atmostphere then probably not.

But most clubs have a hardcore of local support that remain with the club throughout. City haven't won or played anything like decent football for 30 years but they have retained a large and local support. United have been well supported in the past when they've been poor and I'm sure would be if they had a barren spell in the future.

We wouldn't get 76k and loads of corporates but hay ho, worse things could happen.

This does lead to another debate concerning United's success during the 90's. It's been great but it has come at a heavy price for a lot of largely local support.

Anyways.

Unread 22-11-2007, 11:00 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
one hell of a prediction by el caf
I concur.
Closed Thread