United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-06-2011, 02:14 PM
red in cumbria

Default Re: NY Cosmos & Cantona versus Scholes

Who the £#%&! is "Stephen Griffiths", anyway??

Unread 11-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Time For Heroes

Default Re: Cantona to play at Scholes's testimonial

Quote:
Originally Posted by neworder
Hope its a Phoenix From The Flames style game where they re enact his greatest moments

Starting with this one

YouTube - ‪Paul Scholes - Hand of God (United vs Zenit)‬‏
That's a cracking finish tbf
Should maybe take up volleyball now.

Unread 21-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Lok

NY Cosmos squad for the match: Nicky Butt, Chad Calderone*, Sol Campbell, Fabio Cannavaro, Ibrahim Diaby*, Stefan Dimitrov*, David Diosa*, Brad Friedel, Marvin Iraheta*, Robbie Keane, Brian McBride, Dane Murphy*, Gary Neville, Yanik Reyering*, Michel Salgado, Moriken Sangary*, Patrick Vieira

Thought it would be better than that tbh.

Unread 21-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Zorg

Robbie Keane grew up supporting NY Cosmos so that's fair enough.

Unread 21-07-2011, 08:18 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

The real Keano is gonna playing. yhihf

Unread 21-07-2011, 10:50 PM
waynes ear's

great.

Unread 22-07-2011, 07:57 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
NY Cosmos squad for the match: Nicky Butt, Chad Calderone*, Sol Campbell, Fabio Cannavaro, Ibrahim Diaby*, Stefan Dimitrov*, David Diosa*, Brad Friedel, Marvin Iraheta*, Robbie Keane, Brian McBride, Dane Murphy*, Gary Neville, Yanik Reyering*, Michel Salgado, Moriken Sangary*, Patrick Vieira

Thought it would be better than that tbh.
Is that a joke?

Plenty of opportunity for all the mongos to boo Vieira and Campbell I suppose though...

Unread 22-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Is that a joke?

Plenty of opportunity for all the mongos to boo Vieira and Campbell I suppose though...
I'm showing up to boo Neville. Can't believe he's playing for the other team the turncoat @#%&!.

If he doesn't score at least 10 own goals I'm going to hunt him down and shave his moustache off.

Unread 22-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Jethro

Wow. I thought it would be littered with greats like Zidane,Figo etc. Instead he gets Robbie Keane and Brian McBride

He should £#%&! it off.

Unread 22-07-2011, 08:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Can't even get Danny Murphy, much to jem's chagrin no doubt, has to make do with Dane.

Unread 22-07-2011, 08:58 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

No Jason Lee? £#%&! that i'm sending my tickets back

Unread 22-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Lok

Good news people, they've just added another player. None other than everyone's favourite loser: Wayne Bridge. "Go team Wayne" as our dear friend Carlos would say.

Looking at the team, I think Cantona has just assembled a team of @#%&!s for Scholes to kick for 90 minutes.

Unread 22-07-2011, 09:19 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
next
Paula Scholes?

Unread 22-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Looking at the team, I think Cantona has just assembled a team of @#%&!s for Scholes to kick for 90 minutes.
It'd be brilliant if he got sent off after half an hour

Unread 22-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Harri Jaffa

Anyone that doesn't think that Paul Scholes is one of the best players ever to grace english or even world football really shouldn't bother watching football let alone commenting on it

Unread 22-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Anyone that doesn't think that Paul Scholes is one of the best players ever to grace english or even world football really shouldn't bother watching football let alone commenting on it
when you say "one of the best" how many are on your list, roughly? need to know if i can watch the tour game on saturday or not

Unread 22-07-2011, 03:08 PM
toseeunited

Thumbs up Re: NY Cosmos & Cantona versus Scholes

Eric interview
Quote:
Football, art and disputing decisions via the medium of mime: Cantona's New York Cosmos plan revealed!

It was announced yesterday that Eric Cantona's New York Cosmos will become the first US side to play at Old Trafford when they meet Manchester United in a friendly on August 5.
To mark the occasion, MirrorFootball humourist Annie Eaves was granted an exclusive audience with King Eric - and this is what he had to say. Probably.

So Eric, thanks for speaking on this. Just a few questions about you and Cosmos. Firstly, it’s been said that the team will be launched in 2013, isn’t that a long way off?
EC: The conception was beautiful, a thing of passion and purpose and now we must enter the pregnancy before we can give birth to the child that will be Cosmos. As you will know, the gestation period for a human is nine months but with Cosmos the birth will not be until 2013. A long hard pregnancy maybe, but an African Elephant has a gestation period of nearly two years and the result is the most impressive animal on the savannah.

Ok... You’ve said that Cosmos will be a mixture of football and art, can you explain this further?
EC: A man has to ask himself, ‘Can there be a mixture of football and art?’ as football IS art and therefore from a narrow perspective maybe art IS football. It is not something I can explain for you but something that you have to find the answers for within.

Right. Any ideas though how we may see art on the football pitch, maybe against Manchester United?
EC: For example, should one of our players be unhappy at the decision of a match referee and feel the need to protest then we will not tolerate any obscenities or barracking. Instead he and his teammates must display their grievance through the medium of mime.

Why is Robbie Keane playing?
EC: Well, clearly this again is art. Abstract art or maybe surrealism. There is no reason yet there is every reason.

Is there any chance you’ll be taking to the field yourself?
EC: I am always on the field. Old Trafford is forever under my feet though I walk on different ground. I may be on concrete, or my feet may be raised as I sit in a chair but under my soles is the grass of Old Trafford always. In the soul and under the sole.

How do you think Manchester United supporters will feel about your involvement with a new club?
EC: If you have one child, you love them. If you have two children, do you love them each less? As my boat sails forth on this adventure, well stocked with sardines, it will never replace my feelings for Manchester United, just expand my soul to feel more.

Does this mark the end of your acting career?
EC: Acting cannot be restricted by a career, this is a misconception. Acting is all around us, for example if I told you your tie was nice would I be lying just to pay you a compliment? No, I joke as your tie is nice. Or is it? You see you are now not aware of my true opinions on your tie as I have acted one way or another.

The team does not have a stadium or any players or even a license to play in Major League Soccer, do these not seem like big hurdles?
EC: If you were a hurdler and beginning a race and the hurdles seemed too big and fearsome then you would not soar over them. I now have my feet in the blocks ready to start, if I clip a hurdle then I will not fall but continue and at the line I will bow my head to be sure of victory. I await the fire of the starting gun and I will be the first one out.

What if you make a false start?
EC: What has that to do with anything? We are talking about building a football club! If you’re going to go off track we’ll leave it there.

Unread 22-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Crumps

Anyone else think Eric might be mentally ill?

Unread 22-07-2011, 03:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Anyone else think Eric might be mentally ill?
I don't think those answers were really his mate.

Unread 22-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I don't think those answers were really his mate.

Was it the 'female humorist' bit that gave it away? 2 words that rarely come in to close proximity tbf.
Closed Thread