Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-04-2011, 10:21 AM
red red robbo

Default Re: FC's new ground...

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Isn't this what United did?
No it is the opposite. At united people who can't afford it are being asked to pay the debts of people who (supposedly) can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
So what if the minimum is £200, if Utd suddenly offered shares (community or otherwise) in OT, you lot would be up in arms!
I used to own shares in Manchester United

Unread 06-04-2011, 10:21 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
tramps.

they'll feel right at home in moston
I can't wait for those lovely scamps who mind your car.

Unread 06-04-2011, 10:22 AM
suedeshoes

Mao. This isnt a thread about Facebook. Go out once in a while and if you don't like FC why the research? (That was rhetorical...I'm not arsed tbf)

Unread 06-04-2011, 10:22 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I don't think the people who couldn't afford OT anymore are the same as the ones spending £2k on shares tbh.

I know people in a syndicate where they've paid £10 each ffs.
I appreciate this Zorg but why even make it an option. Although I think MFS is a #@&%! he is right regarding the running before they walk reference. i loved what fc did at first (i got to go to the game with my grandad for the first time in my life) but now it's just a soapbox for walsh and his band of merry men.

really not having a go at the fc'ers you in particular zorg but for me, when i watch a football team i don't want to be worrying about where they get the money from to pay for a stadium or wages ets. it's the reason i stopped going to United.

Unread 06-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Now i honestly don't believe you've read a book, where did you nick that analogy from??
I'm not getting into an argument with you because it's been done a million times before and you've clearly made your mind up. It's just a bit sad to see you sniping at something you clearly enjoyed when you were there, you loved bringing your big flag and swinging about didn't you

Which big flag is this then? You obviously think you know me but you don't

Did I enjoy getting pissed with my mates? Course I did

And the striker I'm on about was called Norton or summat similar, as I said I £#%&!ed it off after a year so I'm not sure!

Scored 40-odd in a season so FC signed him..

Not sure where I've got FC's 'wage' structure from?? One of the ex FC strikers lives up Shawclough in Rochdale (or did until he signed for a league club) and is very friendly with a cousin..

Funny what you hear once they ain't constrained!

Unread 06-04-2011, 10:27 AM
red red robbo

[quote=Mao's Favourite Starling;2405097Not sure where I've got FC's 'wage' structure from?? One of the ex FC strikers lives up Shawclough in Rochdale (or did until he signed for a league club) and is very friendly with a cousin..

Funny what you hear once they ain't constrained![/quote]

Ah from an ex-player who is probably bitter he didn't get paid as much as he thought others were being paid. Very reliable

Unread 06-04-2011, 10:29 AM
andyroo

Quote:
One of the ex FC strikers lives up Shawclough in Rochdale (or did until he signed for a league club) and is very friendly with a cousin..
When in Rome...

(Sorry!)

Unread 06-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Zorg

Quote:
I appreciate this Zorg but why even make it an option. Although I think MFS is a #@&%! he is right regarding the running before they walk reference. i loved what fc did at first (i got to go to the game with my grandad for the first time in my life) but now it's just a soapbox for walsh and his band of merry men.
Fair enough believe, I know that unlike MFS you've actually got a brain. Fwiw I don't think FC are perfect and 100% spot on every time.

However, maybe I've been out of it after living abroad for a while, but I honestly don't know what you mean by it being a soapbox. In what way?

Quote:
really not having a go at the fc'ers you in particular zorg but for me, when i watch a football team i don't want to be worrying about where they get the money from to pay for a stadium or wages ets. it's the reason i stopped going to United.
But we've got to have a ground asap, as paying Bury rent is crippling the club. It just wasn't/isn't sustainable any more. The Community Share scheme is by far the best way of getting one. This is why I don't understand the 'running before they can walk' criticism. Honestly, what do you expect the club to do - carry on paying fortunes to Bury and eventually fold? Why is trying to raise money to get a ground a bad thing?

Quote:
And the striker I'm on about was called Norton or summat similar, as I said I £#%&!ed it off after a year so I'm not sure!
One thing you can't say about Norton is that he has shit hair.

Unread 06-04-2011, 10:39 AM
irk

Quote:
a shareholder in what? it's doing nothing different to united or any other football club. all this %@#$&!s about the fans having one share one vote is manufactured gimmick to make fc fans feel part. i've got 200 quids worth so i want to manage next week is that ok?

don't want to get into the whole things that has been done a thousand times but fc did what it did well for 3 years. it made a point and gave fans an option to watch football after ditching ST's. after that its moo, protests at OT are none existent because we're playing and fc are now do far detached from United that they are just another team with another set of fans.

moot, mutha£#%&!, MOOOOOOOOT!

Unread 06-04-2011, 10:45 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk

moot, mutha£#%&!, MOOOOOOOOT!
moo

Unread 06-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
a shareholder in what? it's doing nothing different to united or any other football club. all this %@#$&!s about the fans having one share one vote is manufactured gimmick to make fc fans feel part. i've got 200 quids worth so i want to manage next week is that ok?

don't want to get into the whole things that has been done a thousand times but fc did what it did well for 3 years. it made a point and gave fans an option to watch football after ditching ST's. after that its moo, protests at OT are none existent because we're playing and fc are now do far detached from United that they are just another team with another set of fans.
at utd you were a share holder but had more votes dependant on how many shares you had - a PLC , FC are a mutual one member one share so no matter how big yer wallet is you only get one vote . Democratic like yer know.

Unread 06-04-2011, 11:25 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
at utd you were a share holder but had more votes dependant on how many shares you had - a PLC , FC are a mutual one member one share so no matter how big yer wallet is you only get one vote . Democratic like yer know.
based on the fact that most people gave united up due to the cost why the £#%&! would you then go and spend 2000 quid on a share that you could have for 200? it just doesn't make sense.

Unread 06-04-2011, 11:30 AM
turkred

They are community shares, not equity shares in a business. It is completely separate from the membership issue although you have to be a member to buy shares.

People pay what they want to pay because they believe in what the club is doing.

Members may or may not buy community shares but it has no effect on the one member one vote principle.

Unread 06-04-2011, 11:31 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Don't see anything wrong with the share scheme/ donations etc, those who can will and those who can't won't. the important thing is the voting rights.

A lot of the folk buying shares and or making donations are doing it because they believe in a community based football club and its somewhere they can go, bring they're kids and hopefully grand kids and bore the £#%&! out of em with stories of how they were there at the start etc.

Being financially excluded from OT has left a big hole in a lot of peoples lives and the demise of MUFC (which happened well before the gimps) has smashed what was once a central point of community and sense of belonging for thousands of working class people. FC goes a long way to fulfilling those needs.

As for the constant sniping at walsh & co - it smacks of envy and spite from naysayers. If the current board don't represent the views of the collective they can and will be voted out.

Unread 06-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
based on the fact that most people gave united up due to the cost why the £#%&! would you then go and spend 2000 quid on a share that you could have for 200? it just doesn't make sense.
unless you beleive in the club and want to see it prosper precisely because people can go and stand with their grandads , mates , uncle kids etc etc .

besides you can get your money back if you want it !

personally I didn't give up utd cos of the cost I gave it up cos i didn't want to pay a billionaires debts off for him.

£200 investment is about a quarter of a current season ticket at OT.

really dont know where your coming from dan

Unread 06-04-2011, 11:41 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
unless you beleive in the club and want to see it prosper precisely because people can go and stand with their grandads , mates , uncle kids etc etc .

besides you can get your money back if you want it !

personally I didn't give up utd cos of the cost I gave it up cos i didn't want to pay a billionaires debts off for him.

£200 investment is about a quarter of a current season ticket at OT.

really dont know where your coming from dan
it appears that i am missing the point

Unread 06-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Don't see anything wrong with the share scheme/ donations etc, those who can will and those who can't won't. the important thing is the voting rights.

A lot of the folk buying shares and or making donations are doing it because they believe in a community based football club and its somewhere they can go, bring they're kids and hopefully grand kids and bore the £#%&! out of em with stories of how they were there at the start etc.

Being financially excluded from OT has left a big hole in a lot of peoples lives and the demise of MUFC (which happened well before the gimps) has smashed what was once a central point of community and sense of belonging for thousands of working class people. FC goes a long way to fulfilling those needs.

As for the constant sniping at walsh & co - it smacks of envy and spite from naysayers. If the current board don't represent the views of the collective they can and will be voted out.
spot on

Unread 06-04-2011, 11:42 AM
forwardirektion

Quote:
First time for everything

Unread 06-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:

Unread 06-04-2011, 11:44 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
First time for everything
I really can't argue with the lokes of COD, Zorg and even you. You're like brothers.
Closed Thread