United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-07-2010, 09:08 PM
suedeshoes

Default Re: Playing football

The magic remains. Started off up front. Knocked in 4 in the first 25 mins but then I hit the wall and needed subbing for 10 mins (Retching, 2 pints of water, some sweets and a cig). Eased back into a midfield role and controlled the game tbf. The 'black Iniesta' they were calling me.
I have a tight calf courtesy of a knock from a jealous clogger, a swelling on me knee from an old injury and I'm £#%&!ing knackered. Other than that I'm feeling fine. I'm available for selection next week should the coach call on me.

Unread 08-07-2010, 09:10 PM
TravellingRed

I've just been playing myself tonight, just training, put a few nice balls in. Anyway came off the pitch at the end, stretching off and a baby deer ran onto the pitch. Makes a change from some @#%&!s yappy dog.

Unread 08-07-2010, 09:14 PM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
The magic remains. Started off up front. Knocked in 4 in the first 25 mins but then I hit the wall and needed subbing for 10 mins (Retching, 2 pints of water, some sweets and a cig). Eased back into a midfield role and controlled the game tbf. The 'black Iniesta' they were calling me.
I have a tight calf courtesy of a knock from a jealous clogger, a swelling on me knee from an old injury and I'm £#%&!ing knackered. Other than that I'm feeling fine. I'm available for selection next week should the coach call on me.
You sure they didnt say "the black uncle Fester"

well done btw

Unread 08-07-2010, 09:25 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
I gave up playing regularly at 35. 5 years later and not a ball kicked in anger (plus about another 3 stones in weight) I turned out as keeper for a team in the Wednesday league. A bit of diving around and the odd goal kick should not kill a human being.
Oldest league in Manchester eximius,fact, loved it when I played in it, although TPMM wasn't keen on me playing, perhaps playing on Wednesday and not getting home till Thursday night at the earliest may have influenced her

Unread 08-07-2010, 09:58 PM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
Oldest league in Manchester eximius,fact, loved it when I played in it, although TPMM wasn't keen on me playing, perhaps playing on Wednesday and not getting home till Thursday night at the earliest may have influenced her
£#%&! injury time

Unread 09-07-2010, 05:10 AM
Grimson

I saved a penalty last night. It was hit so poorly that I was able to get down to it and hold it - even though it was going wide.

Unread 09-07-2010, 06:14 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Start hanging about Albert Park astroturft for a kick about.
is that the one further up? can see it as im posting. "hanging around for a kickabout" sounds kind of gay btw

Unread 09-07-2010, 08:58 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I saved a penalty last night. It was hit so poorly that I was able to get down to it and hold it - even though it was going wide.

Did Dimitar Berbatov take it?

Unread 09-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:

Unread 09-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
is that the one further up? can see it as im posting. "hanging around for a kickabout" sounds kind of gay btw
Aye, good chance you'd get stabbed tbh. Salfordians eh?

Unread 09-07-2010, 09:38 AM
denis lawless

Thumbs up Re: Playing football

anyone play on the M60 near Whitefield last night ? .....good game by all accounts

Unread 09-07-2010, 11:09 AM
suedeshoes

My legs don't work today.

Unread 09-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Baron

Quote:
My legs don't work today.
Welcome to the next 2 days of your life.

Unread 09-07-2010, 02:19 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Welcome to the next 2 days of your life.
I'm alright walking about an that but if I sit down for 10 mins, standing up is like unfolding a rusty deckchair.

Unread 09-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Baron

The calves & very top of my thigh, almost hips was the most achey.

Couldn't really give a £#%&! though, it's just nice to be back playing after so long & I have no idea why I wasn't finding a game anywhere. So much more of a laugh than the mind numbing routine of the gym.

Unread 31-07-2010, 01:07 PM
hopkins

i'm playing 11-a-side this afternoon for the 1st time in 17 years

wish me luck

Unread 31-07-2010, 07:00 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
i'm playing 11-a-side this afternoon for the 1st time in 17 years

wish me luck
are you dead yet?

Unread 31-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by florentino ariza
hahaha, thats about 4 minutes worth of exercise

i've given up smoking cigarettes. big difference already, just in going up the stairs

just about to order a beautiful new road bike for the summer

in white here http://www.comtat.co.uk/image-gallery.asp
starting prices at £1400.00

you city types :shakhead:

Unread 31-07-2010, 10:07 PM
hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
are you dead yet?
the 1st half was a near-death experience

£#%&! me that was hard work, won 4-1 though