Child of Darkness

Default Re: FC's new ground...

I'm the older better looking brother who everyone looks up too

Unread 06-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I really can't argue with the lokes of COD, Zorg and even you. You're like brothers.

Unread 06-04-2011, 12:24 PM
beansy

mao should definitely get together with sparky, dodger and trip to have a good old moan about absolutely everything.

Unread 06-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansy
mao should definitely get together with sparky, dodger and trip to have a good old moan about absolutely everything.
dont forget Wigans ear's aswell...

Unread 06-04-2011, 01:12 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Show me the moaning you juvenile tart, I dare you, I double dare you.

Unread 06-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I bet you had a 'Grand' table.
Only if there were 50 on it would I have considered it.

80% of the people there were corporates entertaining, who had never been to FC. It was a glorified sportmans dinner with Wilf McGuinness and Martin Buchan. Companies were at a United themed sportmans dinner for FC's benefit.

It was a one off, not an annual dinner as Mao suggested. That comes later in the year and will cost normal prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
Which big flag is this then? You obviously think you know me but you don't

Did I enjoy getting pissed with my mates? Course I did

And the striker I'm on about was called Norton or summat similar, as I said I £#%&!ed it off after a year so I'm not sure!

Scored 40-odd in a season so FC signed him..

Not sure where I've got FC's 'wage' structure from?? One of the ex FC strikers lives up Shawclough in Rochdale (or did until he signed for a league club) and is very friendly with a cousin..

Funny what you hear once they ain't constrained!
Rory Patterson left FC for Bradford Park Avenue. He moved to a team in the same league as us for double the money we could afford to pay him. Maybe Rory has been away for a while and his memory of our wage structure isn't what it was.

Our wage bill is generally known to be in the bottom 4-5 for our division.

Edit- Norton joined us this year. He had an offer to join us 2 years ago but decided to stay at Curzon Ashton who were a division below us because they offered him £30 a week more than FC could offer him.

Unread 06-04-2011, 02:06 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Rory Patterson left FC for Bradford Park Avenue. He moved to a team in the same league as us for double the money we could afford to pay him. Maybe Rory has been away for a while and his memory of our wage structure isn't what it was.

Our wage bill is generally known to be in the bottom 4-5 for our division.

Edit- Norton joined us this year. He had an offer to join us 2 years ago but decided to stay at Curzon Ashton who were a division below us because they offered him £30 a week more than FC could offer him.
It's a different world isn't it

Unread 06-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
It's a different world isn't it
Not according to mao.

It's exactly the same.

Unread 06-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Child of Darkness

I have it on good authority that FC's wage bill last season was the third lowest in the division.

we are renowned for not paying what others do and have lost out on few players as a consequence

hopefully the new stadium will allow us to compete more for better players and get a few more promotions and cup runs going

Unread 06-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Jack Duckworth

my mate used to play for fleetwood and he went for a trial at fc but didn't sign because he was on 3 x as much at fleetwood, plus travelling expenses. so this myth that fc are the chelsea of the non-league is a load of %@#$&!s.

Unread 06-04-2011, 03:03 PM
beansy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
my mate used to play for fleetwood and he went for a trial at fc but didn't sign because he was on 3 x as much at fleetwood, plus travelling expenses. so this myth that fc are the chelsea of the non-league is a load of %@#$&!s.
getting to london to bury was a right ball ache for me tbh

Unread 06-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
dont forget Wigans ear's aswell...

I can't wait to meet him at the curry night.

I bet he's lovely in real life.

On FC: there's something a bit ... middle class about some of them. I'll deffo go if they become Moston Rovers though.

Unread 06-04-2011, 03:30 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem

On FC: there's something a bit ... middle class about some of them.
How £#%&!ing dare you.........I work in the arts, name a more working class career than that

Unread 06-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Love the digs at FC now they are getting successful and as a result are having to raise cash (shock,horror) to actually progress further (ambitious pole climbers). How very dare they?

I've only been once - wouldn't call it middle class just a bit anoraky. There was a blind bloke on the tram from Victoria who travels over from Leeds every home match.

Still got to doff your cap for the achievements of all concerned.

Unread 06-04-2011, 04:44 PM
beansy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Love the digs at FC now they are getting successful and as a result are having to raise cash (shock,horror) to actually progress further (ambitious pole climbers). How very dare they?

I've only been once - wouldn't call it middle class just a bit anoraky. There was a blind bloke on the tram from Victoria who travels over from Leeds every home match.

Still got to doff your cap for the achievements of all concerned.
can I just remind people, the posters who have had a 'problem' with fc are (although never sure what their problem is):

tufty
fuc kfc
betty's hotpot
wayne's ears

Make you own mind up. Just mentioning their names.

Unread 06-04-2011, 04:47 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
can I just remind people, the posters who have had a 'problem' with fc are (although never sure what their problem is):

tufty
fuc kfc
betty's hotpot
wayne's ears

Make you own mind up. Just mentioning their names.
Are you just ignoring Maos posts in this thread......to be fair that's some distinguished internet company to be keeping

Unread 06-04-2011, 05:19 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem

I can't wait to meet him at the curry night.

I bet he's lovely in real life.

On FC: there's something a bit ... middle class about some of them. I'll deffo go if they become Moston Rovers though.
Most revolutions do have a bourgeois component tbf - it comes from being edumacated and able to do stuff I reckon.

Unread 06-04-2011, 05:40 PM
MagnificentSeven

moston ffs

would be reminiscent of the old days of maine road away tbh shitting self

Unread 06-04-2011, 05:51 PM
suedeshoes

Lots of racism towards Moston on this thread. I know how the Israelites feel now tbh.

We have lots of middle-class fans because they are too scared to go to OT nowadays because of the fearsome working class element there.

We should just build a ground in Piccadilly. We could buy the whole of town for parking because we're that rich.

Feel a bit sorry for Mao. Issues

Unread 06-04-2011, 06:38 PM
forzagarza

They need to use new technologies by having one stand where you can videophone yourself to be at the match. Just have a stand full of monitors so people from Leeds, Ireland and elsewhere can be at the match virtually and join in all the chants with just a 1 second delay.
Closed Thread