United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-10-2022, 09:34 PM
Bunker Buster

Football Erik ten Hag - 1st quarter report...

So, how are you liking the Boss ?

For me as someone who's wanted him at the club for years I couldn't be happier...

His approach to games, team management, signings, general day to day club representation has been spot on....

He's had a productive pre season and hadn't let the wobble of the first few games send him under, a lesser boss could have folded....

He's given players enough time and chance to prove themselves and picked his side accordingly...

Cemented solid foundations, a team spirit in defending a discipline around the club ...

Has some big calls with our forwards to come, we're now generally creating 20-30 chances a game, but we need to finish them off....

A challenge wether it be in the training field or in the January window ...

I'm over joyed here's here and long may it continue ..

B+

The Boss

Unread 19-10-2022, 09:37 PM
AK14

We look like a well coached team for the first time in a decade. I’d actually forgotten what that looked like tbh

All of his signings have looked the part and he’s even got De Gea finding a red shirt with his long passes

Gets his subs spot on too.

Unread 19-10-2022, 09:38 PM
Dr Stranger

There hasn’t been a single moment where I haven’t thought he’s the right man.

Unread 19-10-2022, 09:39 PM
est.1878

Thinking of buying a blazer...

Unread 19-10-2022, 09:41 PM
atticusgrinch

We badly need a number 9 and a back up for Eriksen.

That's hardly Ten Hag's fault.

We actually resemble a cogent football team for the first time in years. And that is amazing to see.

9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
I've been aggressively "uh?" ing in homage to the great egg headed Dutchman.

Unread 19-10-2022, 09:42 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Love how he finishes answering every question by saying "clear?"

Absolutely no idea why

Unread 19-10-2022, 09:43 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Roll neck Reds

Unread 19-10-2022, 09:44 PM
jem

reasonably happy. not his fault we take 60 shots to score a goal. would like to see him bolster the midfield. otherwise, dealwithtenhag.

Unread 19-10-2022, 09:44 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
Love how he finishes answering every question by saying "clear?"

Absolutely no idea why
I think he’s aware his English isn’t great and wants to make sure his point has been made. I like the little ‘eh’. Like ‘ok, you £#%&!ing got it?’.

Unread 19-10-2022, 09:45 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I'm wearing a turtle neck this winter, don't even give a £#%&! ...

Unread 19-10-2022, 09:45 PM
20LEgend1999

6 wins, 1 draw and 3 loses from the first 10 league games isn't bad, especially considering how we started. The signings have looked top notch so far. I doubted the policy of going back to Ajax/the Dutch league, especially when it was clear we'd have to "overpay", but Martinez has looked worth every penny and really enjoying Anthony so far. Both bring something we needed and have settled well.

Think he's handled the Ronaldo situation perfectly, in that it could've become a huge issue, but he's seemingly just treated him as he would any other player in the squad. Sounds basic, but not all manager's would IMO.

I also enjoy how he comes across in the media. Very straightforward and blunt, as well as the previously mentioned catchphrases he has. As others have said, convinced he's the right man. Very happy with him thus far.

Unread 19-10-2022, 09:50 PM
NedKelly

He won me over the moment he aggressively stared down journalists and ignored their questions with utter contempt. Love him.

Unread 19-10-2022, 09:58 PM
Stickman

B

And that's being harsh.

Im all in on this ride

Unread 19-10-2022, 09:59 PM
Switching Off

Delighted with how things are moving. Get him a striker and watch us go.

Unread 19-10-2022, 10:02 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I think he’s aware his English isn’t great and wants to make sure his point has been made. I like the little ‘eh’. Like ‘ok, you £#%&!ing got it?’.
Probably right.

He’s just got some funny little quirks which makes me like him. He’s almost awkward at times. The way he just went bumbling off after the interview

Probably went to find his special kicking clogs to give Ronaldo a leathering tbf

Unread 19-10-2022, 10:05 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
Probably right.

He’s just got some funny little quirks which makes me like him. He’s almost awkward at times. The way he just went bumbling off after the interview

Probably went to find his special kicking clogs to give Ronaldo a leathering tbf
Oh he’s VERY awkward

Saw a load of stuff from Ajax people saying he’s a bit weird and takes some getting used to.

He was the one I wanted. The way his teams play. His emphasis on the team. His confidence. His attention to detail. His standards. He just seems to have all the ingredients of a top coach…without being a crying emotional attention seeking #@&%! like so many of them seem to be.

I’m convinced we’ve got the right guy. I’m less convinced by the rest of the club as a whole.

Unread 19-10-2022, 10:08 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
There hasn’t been a single moment where I haven’t thought he’s the right man.
Yep, even after Brighton and Brentford, was clear it was not down to him.

I’m a big Poch fan too and was not in the ‘ETH had to get it’ camp (not really sure how anyone could have been but cap doffed none the less)

Genuinely like watching us in the 90’s tonight. Need to do that a bit more often but he’s clearly working. Hope he gets time and money.

Unread 20-10-2022, 04:22 AM
AK14

Quote:
Cracks me up every time

Unread 20-10-2022, 04:47 AM
Joe Biden

A- so far. Genuinely exited at seeing how far he can take us. The only negative is we know the glazers will block any money for transfers once it looks like we're a top 4 team.

Unread 20-10-2022, 04:59 AM
Drexl

Thumbs up

A smashing lad who has genuinely started to rekindle my interest in footeh

Ronaldo having a strop only enhances his Juju in my eyes

I tried jutting my jaw forward like Erik does, but it made the joint near my ear crack dead painfully
Closed Thread