United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-05-2015, 04:46 PM
My Name is Keith

Thumbs up MUFC v MCFC under 21's

Tuesday 12th May 7pm - I think I'm right in saying it's free entry for all - just walk up and get in.

Interesting from a potential mib v blazin squad segregation point of view but also very good from a community conscious point of view.

Well in the glazers for bringing back fighting to football in a community cost conscious way.

Unread 06-05-2015, 06:25 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Tuesday 12th May 7pm - I think I'm right in saying it's free entry for all - just walk up and get in.

Interesting from a potential mib v blazin squad segregation point of view but also very good from a community conscious point of view.

Well in the glazers for bringing back fighting to football in a community cost conscious way.
yes, got an email about it last week. price is right so i might come on down.

not sure what's brought about this magnanimous act, what's attendance usually like at u21 derby matches?

Unread 06-05-2015, 08:11 PM
My Name is Keith

Cheers camelers, was heading out for a duck with this one.

Strange like you say but there would obviously be a fairly long line of pelters being thrown at the Florida business men/franchise if it was an anti fan narrative so felt this act of non profiteering was worthy of note.

Have always disliked the fact that United felt compelled to trawl unchartered profit margins in all corners of the world every year at the expense of their bread and butter (local fans) but this act is something credible heading back the other way.

Deserves praise.

Unread 06-05-2015, 08:18 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:

Strange like you say but there would obviously be a fairly long line of pelters being thrown at the Florida business men/franchise if it was an anti fan narrative so felt this act of non profiteering was worthy of note.

Have always disliked the fact that United felt compelled to trawl unchartered profit margins in all corners of the world every year at the expense of their bread and butter (local fans) but this act is something credible heading back the other way.

Deserves praise.
Entrance has been free to ST Holders and Members for as long as I can remember.

Unread 06-05-2015, 08:34 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Entrance has been free to ST Holders and Members for as long as I can remember.
Is this not free to all? Or is it just St holders?

from the website. Not sure if that means you have to show an St to get all your friends and family in or not. Doesn't suggest so

On Tuesday 12th May (kick-off 7pm), Warren Joyce's U21 squad will welcome local rivals Manchester City to Old Trafford for a fixture which could decide who claims the title for this season's Barclays U21 Premier League.

This mouth watering clash is free to attend for all United supporters. No registration is required, simply bring your friends and family and walk-up on the night to cheer on our young Reds in their quest to win the League.

Unread 06-05-2015, 09:08 PM
waynes ear's

Its a free for all. Keith Fanes shit replacement took great pleasure in chunnering on about it on saturday

Unread 06-05-2015, 09:09 PM
dragflick

Yeah this one is free for all, not just ST holders and members...

Unread 06-05-2015, 09:38 PM
kid napper

Quote:

Deserves praise.
It is an u21 game ffs.

Unread 06-05-2015, 09:43 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid napper
It is an u21 game ffs.
Pretty sure I made that clear in the title. Yes, just had a quick look and sure enough, I did.

Unread 06-05-2015, 09:45 PM
kid napper

Quote:
Pretty sure I made that clear in the title. Yes, just had a quick look and sure enough, I did.
Should have ended it there as well.

Unread 06-05-2015, 09:58 PM
Withers

Been free all season for anyone. You can't just bowl up though, you have to book the ticket in advance.

Unread 06-05-2015, 10:14 PM
livelylobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Been free all season for anyone. You can't just bowl up though, you have to book the ticket in advance.
Its been free for decades (and probably before then too) at that level.

Unread 06-05-2015, 10:21 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelylobster
Its been free for decades (and probably before then too) at that level.
At old Trafford? Are you sure.

In any case, it's free for everyone, no booking, no st's - just rock up. Nowt wrong with that imv and worth pointing out if only to make people who didn't know about it aware.

Unread 06-05-2015, 10:22 PM
Wez

Quote:
At old Trafford? Are you sure.

In any case, it's free for everyone, no booking, no st's - just rock up. Nowt wrong with that imv and worth pointing out if only to make people who didn't know about it aware.
Its been hard work for you this thread Keith

Unread 06-05-2015, 10:25 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
Its been hard work for you this thread Keith
I know - £#%&!ing hell. You'd have thought I'd started a thread bigging up Fred £#%&!ing west.

I do accept it may not have been quite the deal I thought it was but it's still alright?

Unread 06-05-2015, 10:28 PM
Wez

Thumbs up

Quote:
I know - £#%&!ing hell. You'd have thought I'd started a thread bigging up Fred £#%&!ing west.

I do accept it may not have been quite the deal I thought it was but it's still alright?

People on here may not be ST holders or members

Informative and to the point, I cant see a problem here

Unread 06-05-2015, 10:45 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez

People on here may not be ST holders or members

Informative and to the point, I cant see a problem here
Absolutely. Got to say I wasn't really aiming this at fc supporting mufc St holders like lively lobster but at the end of the day, it's a broad church. So please accept my apologies to all those existing members and St holders who I've offended by posting something they already know.

Unread 06-05-2015, 10:46 PM
no fun

FFS, can you just £#%&!ing turn up ?

This is worse than a throbbers thread about a false number 9

Unread 06-05-2015, 11:02 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
FFS, can you just £#%&!ing turn up ?

This is worse than a throbbers thread about a false number 9
taking the heat off MNIK with some obscure abstract concept - nice touch

Unread 07-05-2015, 07:25 AM