United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-07-2020, 09:09 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I've just said people should draw their own conclusions. The issue in most cases, is that people dont.

I'm also saying that in the cases of these players and agents £#%&!ing around (which I'm not denying they do) it's not as terminal as we think. As history tells us.

You're missing the point of what I'm saying. Either that or I'm not expressing myself very clearly.

Either way, have a good one.
You’re expressing yourself very clearly; you’re just wrong. Happens.

Unread 09-07-2020, 09:10 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
A video interview isn't an isolated quote, especially if it is backed by your brother's and agents across many media platforms...

https://youtu.be/_cp4NdWnSbs

#IsolatedCoward
"Apparent information"
"No idea of the source"
"Wibble wibble wibble"
"Ok bye"

Unread 09-07-2020, 09:16 AM
Ethers

Jesus. This is the worst argument I’ve seen a Doctor make since Shipman’s trial ffs.

Unread 09-07-2020, 09:16 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
You’re expressing yourself very clearly; you’re just wrong. Happens.
I feel I've been misquoted.

Bloody media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
"Apparent information"
"No idea of the source"
"Wibble wibble wibble"
"Ok bye"

"I met with David Gill [United's chief executive] last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad," Rooney said. "I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract.

It doesn't have to be terminal.

Unread 09-07-2020, 09:24 AM
believe

Quote:
I feel I've been misquoted.

Bloody media.

"I met with David Gill [United's chief executive] last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad," Rooney said. "I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract.

Rooney said what we were all thinking and what we're all talking about 10 years later. It was also after a period of pure domination, three league titles and a European Cup. Rooney was also one of the best players in Europe at the time and went on to be our all time leading goalscorer. How you can honestly sit there and compare the two situations is laughable.

Unread 09-07-2020, 09:27 AM
utd99

Quote:

But that’s two different things isn’t it? Of course it doesn’t have to be terminal; football supporters are a fickle lot if their team is winning, but you’re implying we don’t even understand the situation.

Unread 09-07-2020, 09:29 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
But that’s two different things isn’t it? Of course it doesn’t have to be terminal; football supporters are a fickle lot if their team is winning, but you’re implying we don’t even understand the situation.
I'm really not.

Unread 09-07-2020, 09:31 AM
utd99

Quote:
I'm really not.
Then why even bring the media into it?

Unread 09-07-2020, 09:31 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Rooney said what we were all thinking and what we're all talking about 10 years later. It was also after a period of pure domination, three league titles and a European Cup. Rooney was also one of the best players in Europe at the time and went on to be our all time leading goalscorer. How you can honestly sit there and compare the two situations is laughable.
I'm not comparing the situations. I've acknowleged the difference between Pogba and previous generations.

I'm using it as an example of how a player can say something and it doesn't mean it has to provoke a specific reaction and outcome.

Unread 09-07-2020, 09:33 AM
Bunker Buster

What happens if a person publically says things about his work place and employer and whilst at work he doesn't lift a finger and £#%&!s off to another sunny site to play on an exercise bike on the roof ?

Unread 09-07-2020, 09:34 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Then why even bring the media into it?
I've explained the relevance in my previous points.

I think you're drawing an unfair conclusion of my point, hence me saying there's a misunderstanding.

Unread 09-07-2020, 09:35 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Jesus. This is the worst argument I’ve seen a Doctor make since Shipman’s trial ffs.

Unread 09-07-2020, 09:35 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
What happens if a person publically says things about his work place and employer and whilst at work he doesn't lift a finger and f***s off to another sunny site to play on an exercise bike on the roof ?
The footballer to 'real life job' comparison rarely holds up.

Most people dont have agents, talk to the media or have an audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Agreed

And I'm in it.

Unread 09-07-2020, 09:39 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
The footballer to 'real life job' comparison rarely holds up.

Most people dont have agents, talk to the media or have an audience..

AGREED !!! FINALLY...

It's much more emotive, it's far more real, its been a childhood, a lifetime, tens of thousands of pounds, travel, laughs and tears...

This #@&%! should never be a part of that now or in the future...

You keep talking in riddles and drawing your own takes from media quotes or isolated interviews.

World's most overrated coward.

You and him.

Unread 09-07-2020, 09:41 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
AGREED !!! FINALLY...

It's much more emotive, it's far more real, its been a childhood, a lifetime, tens of thousands of pounds, travel, laughs and tears...

This #@&%! should never be a part of that now or in the future...

You keep talking in riddles and drawing your own takes from media quotes or isolated interviews.

World's most overrated coward.

You and him
Joint winners?

Pfft, I don't share, Bunks.

Unread 09-07-2020, 09:48 AM
utd99

Ethers slithering out of the weeds to agree with Bunks. There’s a shock.

Unread 09-07-2020, 09:50 AM
Ethers

Quote:

You’re a £#%&!ing oddball

I don’t agree with Mr Buster on Pogba at all, I want to keep him

Dr Stranger is all over the shop though

Unread 09-07-2020, 09:52 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

He was talking about Dr's strange points of view in a discussion with YOU.

Are you ok ?

Unread 09-07-2020, 09:53 AM
utd99

Nah mate, once you smell a pile on you’re all over that shit.

Unread 09-07-2020, 09:55 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Nah mate, once you smell a pile on you’re all over that shit.
You really took the other day badly didn’t you
Closed Thread