United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-05-2008, 08:12 AM
Scabs

Exclamation Sorry if posted before, but...

Was that not the most harrowing night of football.

Jesus Christ, I feel £#%&!ing drained.

Good morning fellow CHAMPIONS!

Unread 22-05-2008, 08:15 AM
Jack Duckworth

scabs,

i still haven't seen giggsy's penalty. i has to go into the kitchen for the last two pens - my ticker couldn't take it.

i have to say that was the least enjoyable match i have ever watched purely because of the nerves.

Unread 22-05-2008, 08:25 AM
denis lawless

i actually told my mate where the phone was in case we needed an ambulance during the pens....i actually told him

Unread 22-05-2008, 08:26 AM
Scabs

When Ronnie missed, I thought 'that's it, we've lost this' and I'l be honest, I very nearly turned the telly off - the thought of seeing those horrible @#%&!s lifting the cup was more than I could bear...

In fact from about 70 minutes I thought we had pissed it away...

But then, we are United and this is what we do!

Jesus, I'm giddy

Unread 22-05-2008, 08:31 AM
Jack Duckworth

same here.

there would have been no justice at all if ronaldo's miss had ended up costing us the win.

Unread 22-05-2008, 08:35 AM
forzagarza

I was shaking all the way through the match but it was cold at my mates house. I could certainly feel my heart racing like a bastard during the penalties which always worries me and makes me think I should just not watch

Unread 22-05-2008, 09:00 AM
dunk

I haven't seen the Penalties of Hargreaves, Nani or Ashley Cole, I couldn't £#%&!ing watch, I thought it had gone.

It was only when I heard Terry was taking the last one that I returned to the TV.

Unread 22-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Paul Mcgrath

Could it been any sweeter, than Drogba being sent off, and Terry missing the all important penalty?

Unread 22-05-2008, 09:18 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mcgrath
Could it been any sweeter, than Drogba being sent off, and Terry missing the all important penalty?
Anelka too, don't forget him.

A player signed just because they could.

Unread 22-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Zorg

As Terry walked up my dad said 'telly goes off if this goes in, agreed?' and had his jacket in his hand to go down the pub.

Just as I said 'agreed' that @#%&! hit the post.

Unread 22-05-2008, 09:34 AM
edwin

Thought I was going to have a brain haemorage during the penalties.
When it was Terry's turn, I turned the TV off for about 30 seconds and prayed to the spirit of the Busby Babes.
Switched back on, and JT was on his knees.

Was convinced Giggsy would £#%&! it up ( memories of Southampton)

As soon as Anelka struck his though, I knew Edwin would save it.

Unread 22-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin
As soon as Anelka struck his though, I knew Edwin would save it.
Did you see VDS pointing to his left though? Like he was daring Anelka to put it there or something... then they both went to his right.

If that was mind games it was £#%&!ing genius.

Shit pen, though.

Unread 22-05-2008, 09:42 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabs
Did you see VDS pointing to his left though? Like he was daring Anelka to put it there or something... then they both went to his right.

If that was mind games it was £#%&!ing genius.

Shit pen, though.
VDS was quality, all the gmesmanhip he could muster, it took him longer to get to his £#%&!ing line before each penalty than it took the Chelsea player to get there from the ha;f way line.

Experience in abundance.

Unread 22-05-2008, 09:47 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Anelka too, don't forget him.

A player signed just because they could.

I'm not likely to forget the decisive penalty being missed by an ex dipper and bitter

Unread 22-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Gazw649

I was visibly shaking and felt sick when VDS saved the pen i broke down

Unread 22-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Baron

my neighbours must think I'm the biggest @#%&! in the world, I was screaming at the telly all night but when that £#%&!pig "JT" missed I went mental, absolutely £#%&!ing mental... nothing compared to when Eddie saved from that @#%&! Anelka though!

What. A. £#%&!ing. Night.

I drank my body weight last night, & I don't know if I'm still pissed but praise be I don't have a hangover, nothing, knish, nadda... what a beautiful feeling waking up to being European Champions for a 3rd time & that script.

Champions of England, champions of Europe, Manchester United I £#%&!ing love you!

Unread 22-05-2008, 10:14 AM
My Name is Keith

Anelka's been a good signing for them hasn't he

The £#%&!ing rat.

I was strangely calm during the pens - but then I was wearing a security blanket bathed in vodka. I was in fact arseholed.

Absolute bedlam in Revolution on Deansgate Locks when VDS saved.

Chaos.

£#%&! me - a truly great night.

Unread 22-05-2008, 10:20 AM
denis lawless

i know this sounds cheesy.....

but 10 minutes before the end of extra time....i had a mental flash of firstly a red shirt holding the tropht aloft...then a clearer flash of Edwin Van De Star holding it aloft

it was a millisecond....but it calmed me down

despite this....i convinced myself it was going to penalties but that we were gonna lose......

crazy night........such a huge weight of tension lifted off my shoulders when Edwin palmed that penalty away !!!

Unread 22-05-2008, 10:21 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
i know this sounds cheesy.....

but 10 minutes before the end of extra time....i had a mental flash of firstly a red shirt holding the tropht aloft...then a clearer flash of Edwin Van De Star holding it aloft

it was a millisecond....but it calmed me down

despite this....i convinced myself it was going to penalties but that we were gonna lose......

crazy night........such a huge weight of tension lifted off my shoulders when Edwin palmed that penalty away !!!

do you often see these images?

Unread 22-05-2008, 10:23 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
do you often see these images?
yeah.....its happened twice before......but neither were football related
Closed Thread