Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Nail your colours to the mast
Ole IN - let's get on with the rebuild. 92 81.42%
Ole OUT - I've wet my shorts and want Big Sam. 21 18.58%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 28-10-2019, 03:09 PM
Billy Redface

For all our issues recently, I've never understood the suggestion that there is seemingly no plan.

I think it's quite clear.

He talks about it a lot: Pace, width, attacking in numbers.... the personnel and people he's let go speaks volumes.

All slow, lummoxes are out (fellaini, lukaku, matic), he is selecting kids. He is signing players with something to prove.

He's rebuilding the culture of the dressing room and trying to bring to pace and slick passing back into the side.

Whether he will do it long term remains to be seen and there is still a LOT of work to be done on the squad, but it's a plan I want to see unfold and we have one of our own i charge who cares about delivering it.

Ole

Unread 28-10-2019, 04:43 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
More of this please. I'd play the same front 3 on Wednesday. Try and get some confidence and form going.
Considering we don't have many other options, let's do it...

Unread 28-10-2019, 06:44 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Considering we don't have many other options, let's do it...

Unread 30-10-2019, 11:34 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
It's not a case of should he be sacked or not

He's going soon whether because he's sacked or because he falls on his own sword
You just have see him on the sidelines and in post match interviews to realise he hasn't got a clue how to turn this around
He isn't really a coach or a tactician so he's just changing a player here or there and hoping something happens

Let's look at this situation dispassionately
We've appointed the manger of Molde who's previous job in English football was disastrous failure (not all his fault by any means but still disastrous)
Is it really such a shock that he's found himself out of his depth at one of the biggest clubs in the world

It doesn't really matter if Ole is sacked if Woodward continues to call the shots
Get Big Edwin in as CEO and get him to appoint a director of football who then appoints a first team coach all with the same vision and let's finally start heading in the right direction
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
very good post...
It’s scary people seem to think ole can turn it around...
Based on what exactly?
His managerial record is far from impressive and this season our team doesn’t really have any style or rhythm ....
he said the players were unfit last season and even now the same this season...
he said he wanted our players full of energy and doing a high press and doesn’t seem to be able to execute it...
His naive faith in some of our players is frightening and it’s ultimately his decision to trim the squad down and introduce “chongy” and co...

Any one else wouldn’t be afford this blind faith despite no signs of progress or improvement...

You can say what you want about the squad it’s not as bad as we are performing and even if we were itsbhis squad

Unread 31-10-2019, 10:41 AM
windy waffles

Willing to see how we do against Bouremouth before re-evaluating my vote.

Unread 31-10-2019, 10:43 AM
S/Side.Red

That sub was a game changer. Completely shifted the momentum away from an inevitable Chelsea win.

Unread 31-10-2019, 10:51 AM
Patty_b

My previous judgment was 'Ole in, shit@#%&!s out', but he's managed to make me change my mind about that. He's now getting the best out of Fred and has found a way to bring Rojo in as a competent squad player.

Unread 31-10-2019, 06:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
My previous judgment was 'Ole in, shit@#%&!s out', but he's managed to make me change my mind about that. He's now getting the best out of Fred and has found a way to bring Rojo in as a competent squad player.

That still leaves a few we would be better off without.
Closed Thread