United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-02-2016, 07:26 PM
Silkyray

Default Positives out weighed the negatives

The team selection was fantastic from the manager. I think most people would have dropped Fellani. With hindsight I think this game more than any was perfect for him. Our pronged attack was a breath of fresh air at times with B-Jackson looking more and more the answer to our left hand side. His inter play, crossing and confidence is a pleasure to see.

️️Mata, Rooney and Lingard are elevated by our swift attack with Tony and B-Jackson setting the tone. Carrick coming back is a huge plus for the whole team, he just breathe a calmness throughout the game. Smalling is fast becoming a name worthy of any centre half from outer past. Swapping schneiderlin for fellani perhaps coincided with Chelsea getting on top with possession but considering they were the home side and in a faux position I don't think it's much of a reach to expect that.

Our support was absolutely fantastic.

Unread 07-02-2016, 07:30 PM
Alan

Log off.

Unread 07-02-2016, 07:31 PM
Cream

Our players are taking turns to shit their pants on the bench. It's hard to pick a side and impossible to make subs.

Need Schweinsteiger back desperately.

Unread 07-02-2016, 07:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Yep. People who point out his playing achievements this season haven't been stellar are maybe missing the point a bit.

Unread 07-02-2016, 07:35 PM
Silkyray

Quote:
Our players are taking turns to shit their pants on the bench. It's hard to pick a side and impossible to make subs.

I thought his a abcence was the reason for our attacking approach.

Unread 07-02-2016, 07:38 PM
Switching Off

Yep, third decent performance on the bounce.

Unread 07-02-2016, 07:41 PM
jem

Quote:
if we had had carrick, schneidi and schweini on the pitch, we would have seen that out no problem.

but you don't really need a player of schweini's stature to just not £#%&!ing give the ball back to the opposition cheaply.

Unread 07-02-2016, 08:08 PM
Lok

Not sure why anyone thinks it was any good. If it wasn't for a couple of incredible saves by DDG we'd have lost by a couple of goals.

Up until our goal I'd have said it was a decent performance but we were truly awful after that. We couldn't put together a couple of passes let alone a decent move. We sat back and invited them to come at us and when we did get the ball we'd just smash it up with no outlet at all. That was suicide.

And then you have Depay, possibly the stupidest footballer we've ever had. It wasn't a good idea to bring him on at a time when we needed someone with a calm head that would use the ball well. I guess LvG was hoping his pace would cause them problems on the break but it backfired massively.

Unread 07-02-2016, 08:12 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Not sure why anyone thinks it was any good. If it wasn't for a couple of incredible saves by DDG we'd have lost by a couple of goals.

Up until our goal I'd have said it was a decent performance but we were truly awful after that. We couldn't put together a couple of passes let alone a decent move. We sat back and invited them to come at us and when we did get the ball we'd just smash it up with no outlet at all. That was suicide.

And then you have Depay, possibly the stupidest footballer we've ever had. It wasn't a good idea to bring him on at a time when we needed someone with a calm head that would use the ball well. I guess LvG was hoping his pace would cause them problems on the break but it backfired massively.
it was an awful and wrong substitution, but that is king louis's way, I'm afraid. he picks fella'ni and he makes shit subs.

we really need to make and take clear chances when we were dominant. which we were. which we always are against chelsea. but they soak it up and always come back into it.

Unread 08-02-2016, 05:12 PM
ashtonred

Bottom line - The manager bottled it. Thought he could protect the 1-0 lead. Typical vG. Positives from a game that killed off any remote chance of finishing in the top four? NONE.
How refreshing to see Leicester's approach to their game on Saturday.They went to the Etihad to win. Best away performance of the season.
Sunday bloody Sunday.

Unread 08-02-2016, 05:21 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

Yes because we didn't threaten at all barring the goal, their keeper made no saves whatsoever and we sure didn't totally dominate for 75 minutes or so.
We should be going to stamford bridge and trouncing them like we always did under fraggle

Unread 08-02-2016, 05:24 PM
Ethers

I don't think bringing on Depay can be classed as trying to defend a lead tbh

Unread 08-02-2016, 05:26 PM
Big Norm

I thought Van Gaal didn't change anything once the game started, how can he have told them to go defensive after going 1 up if that's the case?

Unread 08-02-2016, 05:52 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I don't think bringing on Depay can be classed as trying to defend a lead tbh
Yep. Nonsense post really. If we really wanted to close it off then Schneiderlin could have replaced Mata or perhaps McNair for a forward. Might have been wise on reflection but ultimately if you give the ball away every single time it doesn't matter what the system is.

Unread 08-02-2016, 07:10 PM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Yes because we didn't threaten at all barring the goal, their keeper made no saves whatsoever and we sure didn't totally dominate for 75 minutes or so.
We should be going to stamford bridge and trouncing them like we always did under fraggle
What an utterly despicable attempt at sarcasm.

Unread 08-02-2016, 07:14 PM
ryanMUFC

Fellaini has been in good form for the last 2-3 games. NQAT.

Unread 08-02-2016, 07:24 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
I thought Van Gaal didn't change anything once the game started, how can he have told them to go defensive after going 1 up if that's the case?
Heard he just stares at them at half time tbf. Anyone starts to speak, he sends a note over to them (delivered by Giggs) telling them to stfu and remember what they did in training. No eye contact obviously.

Unread 08-02-2016, 07:26 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred
If you want to pick a fight with me then forget it.
Look elsewhere.
Pick a fight This is the t'internet old boy. Please elucidate on the bottling comment.

Unread 08-02-2016, 07:40 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred
Thought he could protect the 1-0 lead.
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=406

I'm not even going to say sage.

Unread 08-02-2016, 08:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
We quite often did until circa 2002, tbf.
Closed Thread