United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-06-2023, 02:27 PM
Seamus

I rate this lad, can play right side of central plus right back. Get him signed.

Unread 20-06-2023, 04:51 PM
AK14

Shame if he goes to arsenal.

I reckon if the ownership debacle was sorted by now we’d be in for him.

Unread 05-07-2023, 01:43 PM
Dr Stranger

Pushing Arsenal’s spend past £200m and we’re barely in July.

Top spenders summer before last too.

How long are they going to be able to play the plucky underdog card?

Unread 05-07-2023, 01:46 PM
windy waffles

Arsenal aren't £#%&!ing about.

Meanwhile, we're trying to sign a keeper who can kick a ball but can't save anything, signed a midfielder we don't need and also having a bloody good look at a 20 year-old who can't even get double figures...

Unread 05-07-2023, 01:48 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Arsenal aren't £#%&!ing about.

Meanwhile, we're trying to sign a keeper who can kick a ball but can't save anything, signed a midfielder we don't need and also having a bloody good look at a 20 year-old who can't even get double figures...
That goalie looks like he'd struggle to catch a cold but can you explain how don't we need to improve midfield?

Unread 05-07-2023, 01:48 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
That goalie looks like he'd struggle to catch a cold but can you explain how don't we need to improve midfield?
In terms of priority.

In all seriousness, he's an upgrade on the majority of the midfielders we have.

Unread 05-07-2023, 01:53 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
That goalie looks like he'd struggle to catch a cold
Vaxxed?

Get him signed. Pfizer immunity.

Unread 05-07-2023, 02:16 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Conceded 18 goals away from home against 4 sides directly around us but midfield isn't a priority? Hmm ..

As for Arsenal, let's see. Timber is supplemental but Havertz/Rice aren't .. likely replacements for Xhaka / Partey. We will see if they improve on 84 pts as result.

Unread 05-07-2023, 02:26 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Conceded 18 goals away from home against 4 sides directly around us but midfield isn't a priority? Hmm ..

As for Arsenal, let's see. Timber is supplemental but Havertz/Rice aren't .. likely replacements for Xhaka / Partey. We will see if they improve on 84 pts as result.
conceded all those goals and still finished 3.
I’d rather score an extra 30 goals then concede less goals against teams around us.

Unread 05-07-2023, 02:29 PM
AK14

Bit gutted he’s going there tbh

I think he’d be a great option for CB and RB here.

Unread 05-07-2023, 02:32 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
conceded all those goals and still finished 3.
I’d rather score an extra 30 goals then concede less goals against teams around us.
Newsflash, you can try and score more goals and also try to concede less, they’re not mutually exclusive.

Unread 05-07-2023, 03:00 PM
ZiggyStardust

We got the better CB from that pairing at Ajax
Apparently he didn’t have a good season last season but I suppose Ajax were a bit of a mess

Decent enough price for a versatile player

Unread 05-07-2023, 03:07 PM
Dasilvatwins

Not too worried . Rice is a decent signing for Arsenal but for 100 million it’s a joke. Not worried about Arsenal.

They don’t normally spent big , surprised they’re doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/s...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

Pushing Arsenal’s spend past £200m and we’re barely in July.

Top spenders summer before last too.

How long are they going to be able to play the plucky underdog card?
Arteta to be sacked in Jan when they’re 8th after spending 200+ million this summer

They’ll be under much more scrutiny. They won’t handle the pressure

Unread 05-07-2023, 03:12 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Not too worried . Rice is a decent signing for Arsenal but for 100 million it’s a joke. Not worried about Arsenal.

Arteta to be sacked in Jan when they’re 8th after spending 200+ million this summer

You're mental.

Favourites for the league for me with the depth they've added. City will lull after last year, always the way.

Unread 05-07-2023, 04:25 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
You're mental.

Favourites for the league for me with the depth they've added. City will lull after last year, always the way.
Not sure they’re favourites imo but they’ll definitely give city a run for their money and push them all the way I think.

Unread 05-07-2023, 05:17 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins

Can’t see it, mate. They may have lost their way towards the end of last season, but they were comfortably the second best team of the year in the league. The three signings, Rice especially, will improve them further. I expect competition for top four to be tough because Chelsea and Liverpool will be back, but arsenal aren’t going anywhere imo.

Unread 05-07-2023, 05:39 PM
Ethers

Deffo not favourites, but I think they’re doing some very good business, although I don’t really rate Havertz. Rice and Timber are top signings though.

Unread 05-07-2023, 05:45 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Deffo not favourites, but I think they’re doing some very good business, although I don’t really rate Havertz. Rice and Timber are top signings though.
I think Havertz might surprise a few. Failing in that mess of a Chelsea side us no big thing.

City clear favourites though. They’re streets ahead until something drastically changes.

Unread 05-07-2023, 06:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Had their best season and chance last year ..

Huge fall off, won't make top 4 TWICI

Unread 05-07-2023, 06:11 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Can’t see it, mate. They may have lost their way towards the end of last season, but they were comfortably the second best team of the year in the league. The three signings, Rice especially, will improve them further. I expect competition for top four to be tough because Chelsea and Liverpool will be back, but arsenal aren’t going anywhere imo.
If you look at how we finished last season

incapable of holding out, goals drying up and a calamity keeper

Would a neutral say we have done some good business this summer?

Yes it’s only whatever time it in the month but the teams around us have all done their business and addressed their weaknesses…. .
Closed Thread