United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-04-2022, 04:14 PM
Hitch22

i knew it.

it never sat right with me when...

A) we hired John Murtagh in the first place as Director of Football after an "extensive search" and all that nonsense us looking for the "best in class". if you want the best, surely a guy who's been at club since Moyes the era isn't the best choice for your fist ever DoF?

OR

B) when he decided to hire Darren Fletcher as his de-facto assistant which would basically mean someone like Fletch would be tasked with helping to interview potentially managers. what makes him qualified to do that though? he doesn't even have his coaching badges does ffs

then things started to look really fishy, when all of a sudden you see pics of him doing rondos in training in a full tracksuit and then the next thing you know he's on the bench acting like one of the coaches?! we've already got a mascot stealing a living and fetching the lucozade's in Mike Phelan, the last thing we need is yet another "jobs for the boys" person. so please for the love of god, stay in your lane Fletch.

even though i have my reservation about him being a Technical Director in the first place, i'm willing to give him some time, plus at other big clubs they normally hire ex-pros for the job to act as a middleman for any potential transfers or to talk to youngsters the club are looking to sign. just keep him away from the training pitch and bench once ETH gets here and i'll be a happy man.

Unread 21-04-2022, 04:21 PM
tatty

Fletcher is an example of how United have turned in to an amateur level club off the pitch.

And on it at times tbf.

Unread 21-04-2022, 04:46 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
Big Erik and Fletch

“Hag n Daz”

Unread 21-04-2022, 05:49 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Ice cream rises to the top...

Bit odd slagging fletch imo. He’s often been spoken about highly and it’s not like he gave himself the job

Unread 22-04-2022, 12:29 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Bit odd slagging fletch imo. He’s often been spoken about highly and it’s not like he gave himself the job
But who did?

Meanwhile… Jamesie Redknapp has seen the way forward for big Erik and advises him to sign Kane and Rice. The man’s a genius.

Unread 22-04-2022, 04:14 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
But who did?

Meanwhile… Jamesie Redknapp has seen the way forward for big Erik and advises him to sign Kane and Rice. The man’s a genius.
Literally every single person on this thread

Unread 22-04-2022, 06:21 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Literally every single person on this thread
... gave him the job ?

Unread 22-04-2022, 06:30 AM
shenwen

It's not slagging Fletcher to say he shouldn't be anywhere near the match day bench, or training for that matter. More having a go at the club and organisation that allows this to happen.

Look forward to Erik putting his foot down on day one.

Unread 22-04-2022, 07:04 AM
Joe Biden

Fletcher is an absolute #@&%!. The way he spoke to that lad the other week shows what kind of bloke he is. Ragnick for all his faults had the @#%&!s card marked from day one.

Unread 22-04-2022, 10:40 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Fletcher is an absolute #@&%!. The way he spoke to that lad the other week shows what kind of bloke he is. Ragnick for all his faults had the @#%&!s card marked from day one.
What lad?

Unread 22-04-2022, 11:04 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
What lad?
Bellers, on zoom...
Closed Thread