Marlo's right, Rashford's shite.

Unread 09-01-2024, 12:09 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
Marlo's right, Rashford's shite.

Unread 09-01-2024, 12:55 AM
Whip Hubley

He pulled the wool over my eyes for years tbf.

If he's been this bad previously (has he?) I was always on the side of he's still relatively young, has scored enough goals to keep the faith etc.

But this is something else. He doesn't even look arsed, and that's unforgiveable. He really doesn't seem to give a £#%&! out there, and coupled with the fact he's been utterly awful we need to sell him ASAP.

Unread 09-01-2024, 12:59 AM
NedKelly

Got that Lingard thing going on now where you think he’s still young but then you realise he’s 26 and he should be hitting his peak.

Unread 09-01-2024, 03:05 AM
shenwen

That "I'm just going to stand still here" thing he does with the ball is infuriating. Can't even get past league 1 defenders. Shocking really.

Unread 09-01-2024, 03:47 AM
Sheik JaBooty

Ipswich are playing quite well at the moment. I think he might have missed his chance.

Unread 09-01-2024, 06:59 AM
magic_cantona

Every game you think "Right, here we go, Rashford will have sorted himself out and he'll start scoring and playing well."

*Rashford gets the ball, runs at a defender, balls hits defenders shins, Rashford stands still *

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuu......"

It's not happening, he's done.

Unread 09-01-2024, 07:15 AM
Mr_Ed

Lazy, entitled and £#%&!ing shit. He needs to be gone ASAP. He brings nothing to the team whatsoever.

Unread 09-01-2024, 07:19 AM
Stickman

Has all the tools to be a lethal pro but what can you do….if he doesn’t want it he doesn’t want it.

Reckon we’ll sell him to Chelsea.

Get Evan Ferguson and sign another winger, jobs a good un.

Unread 09-01-2024, 07:34 AM
Patty_b

Looks like his heart has completely gone and his head's followed. Doesnt look interested at all. If playing for your boyhood club while getting paid £350k a week doesn't motivate you, I'm not sure what will.

Unread 09-01-2024, 10:00 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Looks like his heart has completely gone and his head's followed. Doesnt look interested at all. If playing for your boyhood club while getting paid £350k a week doesn't motivate you, I'm not sure what will.
Definitely. It's not like he's having a period of bad luck either - its just sheer tool downing. He can't be arsed. He never looks like he'll bust a gut to get the ball back or look like a man possessed who's desperate to score - he just looks "Yeah, and what?".

Awful. Add to that that his skillset has absolutely fallen off too. A total lost cause.

Unread 09-01-2024, 10:02 AM
Bunker Buster

Thought he was better than he'd been in a while last night, but guess that ain't saying much ...

Unread 09-01-2024, 10:16 AM
magic_cantona

Unread 09-01-2024, 10:20 AM
Dr Stranger

He keeps you interested because he has the attributes. He’s always been a player who can be on the periphery of the game and just explode into life. Forward players like that are often worth it because they can win the game in an instant. He has those qualities

The problem is that we are seeing that less and less and his overall game contribution each week is regressing rapidly

I don’t know what has happened in the last couple of years, but when he first came around, he had a great attitude. Looked like he loved playing for the club and always put a shift in. Now, he looks like he hates football and it’s all a big chore for him.

We can blame the system, the manager etc, but he was like this under Ole too. He’s like this more often than he isn’t, throughout most of his career.

He gets a lot of leeway too. Poor performances as a central striker are excused because he’s out of position. Then he plays on the left and he’s poor because he misses Luke Shaw…

You could excuse it years ago because he was a kid. Now, he’s entering his peak and the harsh reality is that he is a player who simply doesn’t play well enough on a consistent basis or produce the output to he considered a top player. Liverpool fans get really pissed off with Mo Salah because he’ll disappear in games. Look like he isn’t arsed, but you can justify it with his output. He’ll get 20 goals a season. Every season. Rashford has done that, what, twice in eight years?

He was poor again last night. As he has been for much of this season. And seasons before.

He’s running out of excuses and faith.

I fear we’ll be having the same conversations in two years time, with the same excuses being rolled out.

It’s a sad one because everyone wants the striker from the youth team to be the one and we’ve invested a lot into him, but If there’s a big offer on the table in the summer, we should take it.

Unread 09-01-2024, 10:24 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Thought he was better than he'd been in a while last night, but guess that ain't saying much ...
Me too. He actually had a shot iirc.

Unread 09-01-2024, 10:31 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

whats this meant to prove? He saw plenty of the ball... just was frustrating with it.

Unread 09-01-2024, 10:39 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
whats this meant to prove? He saw plenty of the ball... just was frustrating with it.
Mainoo's position was in Central midfield, yet he was everywhere. Rashford was playing left wing, and despite him desperately needing to make things happen and chase every ball, just to show ANYTHING - he's stayed entirely as a left winger.

He's doing the bare minimum asked, that's it.

Unread 09-01-2024, 10:42 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Mainoo's position was in Central midfield, yet he was everywhere. Rashford was playing left wing, and despite him desperately needing to make things happen and chase every ball, just to show ANYTHING - he's stayed entirely as a left winger.

He's doing the bare minimum asked, that's it.
Wtaf mate ?

The two positions aren't comparable even if Marcus is in horrific form.

Unread 09-01-2024, 10:45 AM
suedeshoes

The 'standing still in front of the defender and waggling his foot' thing is really getting on my tits now.

Unread 09-01-2024, 10:46 AM
Dr Stranger

Not really getting that one, Maggers. Those positions are exactly where I’d want my left sided forward to be. He saw plenty of the ball. He was just shit with it.