United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-12-2023, 03:12 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
And therein lays the dichotomy. Most supporters were happy to say 3 or 4 years when he walked through the door, until they have to live those 3 or 4 years week by week and game by game; then it turns out what they actually meant was 3 or 4 months, because up until the season opener we were almost universally satisfied with the progress.

That said, the man needs to wise up about what will get him sacked and stop doing (picking) it.
Spot on.

It’s easy to talk a good game about wanting to give a manager time, but actually doing it in reality is a different thing.

Unread 04-12-2023, 03:31 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
And therein lays the dichotomy. Most supporters were happy to say 3 or 4 years when he walked through the door, until they have to live those 3 or 4 years week by week and game by game; then it turns out what they actually meant was 3 or 4 months, because up until the season opener we were almost universally satisfied with the progress.

That said, the man needs to wise up about what will get him sacked and stop doing (picking) it.
Martial has got a few managers sacked. He's not the only one that needs moving on though.

Unread 04-12-2023, 04:04 PM
Finport Red

We need to give him the time to sort the mess out, but he needs to help himself by not continuing to pick rashford, The Scottish Player and Martial, by playing players in their proper positions and stop chopping and changing every game.

Unread 04-12-2023, 04:05 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
It’s easy to talk a good game about wanting to give a manager time, but actually doing it in reality is a different thing.
it's easier to give him time if you can see what he's trying to achieve and if he appears to be learning or at least making good use of the resources available.

I have more concern with the persistently understrength midfield and five forwards than I do with the fact that four of the five forwards are lazy, weak and/or a bit shit. was joyous at mainoo's fitness, because it meant we potentially put out a team that could control the game a bit. 10h had other ideas. he needs to stop having other ideas.

Unread 04-12-2023, 06:25 PM
croady26

Quote:
Hasn’t got the stones to call out Rashford

Based on what? The fact that he happily called out 2nd best footballer in the history of the game, a couple of months into the job?
I will give him some credit for calling out Ronaldo,however only axing constant underperformers would have me believe he is showing the necessary authority

Unread 04-12-2023, 06:38 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it's easier to give him time if you can see what he's trying to achieve and if he appears to be learning or at least making good use of the resources available.

I have more concern with the persistently understrength midfield and five forwards than I do with the fact that four of the five forwards are lazy, weak and/or a bit shit. was joyous at mainoo's fitness, because it meant we potentially put out a team that could control the game a bit. 10h had other ideas. he needs to stop having other ideas.
The toughest bit of it all is the going backwards. Many of us, perhaps naively, expected a straight line improvement (I did) from last year. The fact that we look so bad, worse than ‘Ole bad’ imo is the most troubling thing.

The players clearly haven’t bought into his ‘plan’ so he either has to persuade them to do so or replace them and we know the latter isn’t happening.

He’s got a very tough job on now. I really hope he can turn this round because the thought of another manger and another period of improved performance before they all down tools is too much.

Unread 04-12-2023, 06:44 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
The toughest bit of it all is the going backwards. Many of us, perhaps naively, expected a straight line improvement (I did) from last year. The fact that we look so bad, worse than ‘Ole bad’ imo is the most troubling thing.

The players clearly haven’t bought into his ‘plan’ so he either has to persuade them to do so or replace them and we know the latter isn’t happening.

He’s got a very tough job on now. I really hope he can turn this round because the thought of another manger and another period of improved performance before they all down tools is too much.
I’m at the point where i feel, if we do end up getting rid of him, then the little faith I have left in us will completely evaporate. It’s just an endless and repetitive cycle. Starts to feel utterly pointless after a while.

Some of our players are just so unlikeable too. I can handle big egos and a bit of healthy arrogance as long as they put a shift in and show some desire. We’ve got lads in the squad who are paid hundreds of thousands a week who look like they can’t be bothered with the hassle of it all. If they can’t be arsed, then why should we be?

Unread 04-12-2023, 09:06 PM
Finport Red

The leaks are back. Some of the players don’t like running, or the way he’s treated Sancho. So rashford then.

A couple of the players who’ve played for big clubs before think the training is too intense. Has to be Casemiro and Varane.

He’s lost 50% of the dressing room. Rashford, martial, Varane and Casemiro. Assume, given he doesn’t seem the brightest, this is more from rashford.

Amazing this comes out in the week that the entirety of civilisation has cottoned on to the fact that rashford is a lazy @#%&!.

Neville said earlier that since van gaal, United haven’t had a style of play, under 4 different managers. Could it possibly be that the same bunch of chancers in the squad are holding us back, ruining decent managers and caring not a jot for anything other than their next flash car?

After this coming out today, I’m more team Hag than before. He needs the chance to get rid of all these clowns and build a squad of players with a bit of character, who want to compete, who don’t need to be pampered and who want to win trophies.

Sick of this lot of total wasters now.

Unread 04-12-2023, 09:15 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
The leaks are back. Some of the players don’t like running, or the way he’s treated Sancho. So rashford then.

A couple of the players who’ve played for big clubs before think the training is too intense. Has to be Casemiro and Varane.

He’s lost 50% of the dressing room. Rashford, martial, Varane and Casemiro. Assume, given he doesn’t seem the brightest, this is more from rashford.

Amazing this comes out in the week that the entirety of civilisation has cottoned on to the fact that rashford is a lazy @#%&!.

Neville said earlier that since van gaal, United haven’t had a style of play, under 4 different managers. Could it possibly be that the same bunch of chancers in the squad are holding us back, ruining decent managers and caring not a jot for anything other than their next flash car?

After this coming out today, I’m more team Hag than before. He needs the chance to get rid of all these clowns and build a squad of players with a bit of character, who want to compete, who don’t need to be pampered and who want to win trophies.

Sick of this lot of total wasters now.
Don’t forget some of them want him to be more “touchy feely”.

Unread 04-12-2023, 09:19 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Yeah, like he has been with martial, letting him take warm baths when the grown ups have ice cold ones, letting have sgetti hoops when everyone else is having pasta.

They should all do one up to Sunderland and be touched and felt up there by someone who cares.

Unread 04-12-2023, 09:50 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
This.

Unread 04-12-2023, 09:50 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Tbf I think that’s a good idea. As long as he ‘touches’ them with a snooker ball in a sock to the FACE.

Unread 04-12-2023, 10:36 PM
Mr_Ed

Players need to £#%&! off. I’d rather he shipped out the massive @#%&!s and we were mid table for a few years.

Better than changing the manager every two years and being shit with the same players.

Team ETH

Unread 04-12-2023, 10:45 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Players need to £#%&! off. I’d rather he shipped out the massive @#%&!s and we were mid table for a few years.

Better than changing the manager every two years and being shit with the same players.

Team ETH
we seem to say this about every manager it’s madness

Unread 04-12-2023, 10:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Spot on.

Most of the fans seem willing to, the players on the other hand according to the latest round of leaks

Unread 04-12-2023, 11:16 PM
marlo

Ok so since the players are all just lazy @#%&!s and going to get him sacked…..

how will this team fare…

Onana
Malacia
Martinez
Evans
awb

Mount
Casimero
Amrabat

Antony
Hojlund
Garnacho

None of the real bad eggs…
Since the manager isn’t the issue, this team should be play cohesive good football right as it’s not the “same players” get all the managers sacked

That whole narrative is a cop out and trying to absolve ETH of responsibility for his failings as a manager.
Are his signings that ideally you guys want to him replace the whole squad with …any good?
The fact is he hasn’t shown he is capable of replacing the players with decent players and then he has also proven he can’t get the best out of his new signings as he doesn’t even pick them as they are shit!

If you used his forward line of Anthony Hojlund and ganarcho would be fluid in attack and score goals?
Would his midfield of amrabat , mount and casimero hold our midfield together….

The truth is the players aren’t to blame and it’s barely the same players. Loads have left from the old regimes especially the ones that you lot swore were holding us back like pogba and Fred!

Unread 04-12-2023, 11:19 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
If this lot outlast another manager it'll be hard to muster up any enthusiasm moving forward. I'd rather go scorched earth and start from scratch.

Some players are past the point of repair. Maguire our best player ffs
Until you have SOME people on the board who care about on pitch performance then that gutting needed to squad won't happen

Unread 04-12-2023, 11:23 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

how will this team fare…

Onana
Malacia
Martinez
Evans
awb

Mount
Casimero
Amrabat

Antony
Hojlund
Garnacho

Since the manager isn’t the issue, this team should be play cohesive good football right as it’s not the “same players” get all the managers sacked

That whole narrative is a cop out and trying to absolve ETH of responsibility for his failings as a manager.
Are his signings that ideally you guys want to him replace the whole squad with …any good?
The fact is he hasn’t shown he is capable of replacing the players with decent players and then he has also proven he can’t get the best out of his new signings as he doesn’t even pick them as they are shit!

If you used his forward line of Anthony Hojlund and ganarcho would be fluid in attack and score goals?

The truth is the players aren’t to blame and it’s barely the same players. Loads have left from the old regimes especially the ones that you lot swore were holding us back like pogba and Fred!
Four of them are injured.

Unread 04-12-2023, 11:24 PM
The taste of...

Quote:

how will this team fare…

Onana
Malacia
Martinez
Evans
awb

Mount
Casimero
Amrabat

Antony
Hojlund
Garnacho

Unread 04-12-2023, 11:28 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

how will this team fare…

Onana
Malacia
Martinez
Evans
awb

Mount
Casimero
Amrabat

Antony
Hojlund
Garnacho

Pogba’s def proved his worth since moving to Juventus tbf.
Closed Thread