United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-02-2019, 11:27 PM
AK14

Just noticed we’re five points off them in 3rd

What a run from Ole

Poch has no chance now, they’ll give it to Ole at the end of the season.

Unread 27-02-2019, 11:32 PM
dunk

Spurs still haven’t drawn a league game this season. lost 3 more games than us..

Unread 27-02-2019, 11:38 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Just noticed we’re five points off them in 3rd

What a run from Ole

Poch has no chance now, they’ll give it to Ole at the end of the season.
Do we even know who is making the decision? You get a total lack of transparency in this country.

If Ed is making the decision who £#%&!ing knows. If there's a director coming in then presumably he has a say? If it's Fergie then...

Unread 27-02-2019, 11:54 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Do we even know who is making the decision? You get a total lack of transparency in this country.

If Ed is making the decision who £#%&!ing knows. If there's a director coming in then presumably he has a say? If it's Fergie then...
I’d be surprised if we get a DoF in tbh and after the last few months compared to the shit the other three have given us since Fergie retired they’d be absolutely crazy not to give it to Ole now.

I want us to get a DoF and restructure above the manager but very much doubt it’s going to happen.

Unread 28-02-2019, 12:00 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I’d be surprised if we get a DoF in tbh and after the last few months compared to the shit the other three have given us since Fergie retired they’d be absolutely crazy not to give it to Ole now.

I want us to get a DoF and restructure above the manager but very much doubt it’s going to happen.
I thought the DoF was pretty much certain? Though with the rate they change their mind £#%&! knows.

Disagree that it's a straightforward easy decision. Especially if they are given encouragement by Poch. But Ole has made it a tough one.

Unread 28-02-2019, 12:08 AM
AK14

Quote:
I thought the DoF was pretty much certain? Though with the rate they change their mind £#%&! knows.

Disagree that it's a straightforward easy decision. Especially if they are given encouragement by Poch. But Ole has made it a tough one.
£40m on Poch who could end up like the others or Ole who’s proven he can get a game out these players?

It’s done.

Unread 28-02-2019, 12:14 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
£40m on Poch who could end up like the others or Ole who’s proven he can get a game out these players?

It’s done.
Both come with risks. Ole is still basically very inexperienced at this level.

But it's a long interim. By the time he finishes it'll be six months. If the effect is still strong you'd be confident it'll carry into next season.

Unread 28-02-2019, 12:21 AM
Clownbones

Quote:

But it's a long interim. By the time he finishes it'll be six months. If the effect is still strong you'd be confident it'll carry into next season.
The inexperience really doesn't bother me.

Moyes, LVG and Jose were all experienced. It might become relevant in certain circumstances, but that shouldn't be what we're looking at.

He has more experience of United than any potential candidate.

I'd rather experience of United than experience of the league.

Unread 28-02-2019, 12:30 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
The inexperience really doesn't bother me.

Moyes, LVG and Jose were all experienced. It might become relevant in certain circumstances, but that shouldn't be what we're looking at.

He has more experience of United than any potential candidate.

I'd rather experience of United than experience of the league.
Not the league as such, more simply high-pressure management. The thing that makes this decision slightly more complicated is that he and the team are not actually under an awful lot of pressure at the moment. That may come next season when he will be expected to say we are challenging City and Liverpool for the title and then deliver on it.

If United are binning off the Director of Football thing again purely on the basis of Ole's 14 games that's another cause for concern. We really will be £#%&!ed if he isn't up to it long term, because these clowns change their mind on a monthly basis.

Unread 28-02-2019, 12:34 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Not the league as such, more simply high-pressure management. The thing that makes this decision slightly more complicated is that he and the team are not actually under an awful lot of pressure at the moment. That may come next season when he will be expected to say we are challenging City and Liverpool for the title and then deliver on it.

If United are binning off the Director of Football thing again purely on the basis of Ole's 14 games that's another cause for concern. We really will be £#%&!ed if he isn't up to it long term, because these clowns change their mind on a monthly basis.
Again though, it doesn't get more experienced than Mourinho and we were a mess under him. Akin to the mess I'd expect under an inexperienced manager who doesn't know what he's doing.

The end result is the same. Failure.

I think the priority is getting a certain type of manager in terms of style and 'philosophy'. We have that. And he completely understands the culture of the club.

Even before Ole, I wanted us to go the young and hungry route ahead of experienced.

Unread 28-02-2019, 12:41 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Again though, it doesn't get more experienced than Mourinho and we were a mess under him. Akin to the mess I'd expect under an inexperienced manager who doesn't know what he's doing.

The end result is the same. Failure.

I think the priority is getting a certain type of manager in terms of style and 'philosophy'. We have that. And he completely understands the culture of the club.

Even before Ole, I wanted us to go the young and hungry route ahead of experienced.
Sure, but it still makes it a gamble. That's why I don't buy the idea that it's an easy decision. If you're Woodward and you get the call that says Poch wants to come and thinks he could build United into the force to get back to domination, with his record and his personality, that's something to consider strongly.

Still 12 big games (minimum) left this season. I think it's his to lose, but what if we finish 6th and lose to Wolves. This numpty running the club will probably go all out for Zidane and reignite the search for DoF. The flapping worries me more than anything.

Unread 28-02-2019, 12:56 AM
Cream

Quote:
Sure, but it still makes it a gamble. That's why I don't buy the idea that it's an easy decision. If you're Woodward and you get the call that says Poch wants to come and thinks he could build United into the force to get back to domination, with his record and his personality, that's something to consider strongly.

Still 12 big games (minimum) left this season. I think it's his to lose, but what if we finish 6th and lose to Wolves. This numpty running the club will probably go all out for Zidane and reignite the search for DoF. The flapping worries me more than anything.

Unread 28-02-2019, 10:03 AM
AK14

Quote:

Any managerial appointment comes with risks obviously. But Poch, at £40m, is a much bigger risk than Ole.

The board will see it as the better and cheaper option and a no lose situation. Give Ole a two year deal, if it doesn’t work out let him go and go for someone like Poch who, Unless he’s left Spurs, will be cheaper by that time.

On the flip side if they get rid of Ole and the back room team after they’ve proven they can improve us for Poch for big bucks and it doesn’t work out.... where do we go then?

As much as I don’t trust Woodward or the Glazers, they’ll see the £££ signs before anything as usual and giving ole the job he’s proven he can do will be a cheaper option than spending big on Poch, that’s what this will come down too.

Unread 28-02-2019, 10:10 AM
puressence

pep wasnt experienced ..

Unread 28-02-2019, 10:11 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
pep wasnt experienced ..
[sparky] no but he had vials of gear oh his side as well [/sparky]

Unread 28-02-2019, 10:26 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
[sparky] no but he had vials of gear oh his side as well [/sparky]
You £#%&!ing what shithead?

Unread 28-02-2019, 10:48 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You £#%&!ing what shithead?
I was pointing out that Guardiola had some naughty stuff for his players that helped ease him into management..... that you often point out..... jesus

U ok hun

Unread 28-02-2019, 02:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Any managerial appointment comes with risks obviously. But Poch, at £40m, is a much bigger risk than Ole.

The board will see it as the better and cheaper option and a no lose situation. Give Ole a two year deal, if it doesn’t work out let him go and go for someone like Poch who, Unless he’s left Spurs, will be cheaper by that time.

On the flip side if they get rid of Ole and the back room team after they’ve proven they can improve us for Poch for big bucks and it doesn’t work out.... where do we go then?

As much as I don’t trust Woodward or the Glazers, they’ll see the £££ signs before anything as usual and giving ole the job he’s proven he can do will be a cheaper option than spending big on Poch, that’s what this will come down too.
Don’t think the money is the factor. It’s only a year ago we committed a fortune to Sanchez and we dish out four-year contracts to lads like Jones as if it’s nothing. They extended Mou’s deal when they clearly didn’t trust him. The club are far more reckless with money than given credit for and if they think Poch could rebuild United then £40m is nothing.

Solskjaer is just as big a risk. If he falls away next season they’ll get just as much criticism for being naive as they would if they went for Poch. That’s why it isn’t an easy decision. I tend to think he will get it though and Poch staying at Spurs in the meantime is ideal.

Unread 28-02-2019, 03:03 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
pep wasnt experienced ..
Literally the worst comparison you could have made.

You're trying to compare a man who spent years at Barcelona playing for Cryuff, who in turn shaped that entire club to play a certain way. Pep then returned to learn about all of that in their academy, continuing a specific style...

Oh £#%&! it, what is the point.

Unread 28-02-2019, 03:08 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Literally the worst comparison you could have made.

You're trying to compare a man who spent years at Barcelona playing for Cryuff, who in turn shaped that entire club to play a certain way. Pep then returned to learn about all of that in their academy, continuing a specific style...

Oh £#%&! it, what is the point.
ole under fergie and continued the style at molde...
Closed Thread