United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 07-04-2021, 08:41 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post
While we are on about dogs, what about the current trend for calling them human names?

Back in the olden days when I was in M23 we had shandy, rowdy, sabre and patch on our road

Nowadays I have met with people with dogs called Brian, Albert and Suzie

Iirc MNIK had a dog called Yvonne

c***s...they are f***ing dogs not your children

Outstanding.

Unread 07-04-2021, 09:31 PM
Pancho77

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty View Post
About 15 years ago I put in an offer on a house that was accepted. Fast forward about 3 week and the surveyor had been round and the legals set in motion.

Then I get a phone call from a smug estate agent saying the seller had accepted a higher offer and would I like to match it. I said i'd do better than that and offer £5k above the other bidder.

Strung them along for a couple of weeks whilst I put in a successful offer on another house.

I eventually spoke to the frantic EA asking what was going on...at which point I suggested he tried to go back to the original gazumpers and see if they were still interested.
Had ours valued by a National Estate agent who valued it at 130k which surprised me so went to a local Estate agent who valued it at 170k which is a massive difference. Didn't know who to believe until the estate agent showed me similar properties in our area that had gone for 170 k also their fees were 1% as opposed to 2% with the national one. Obviously the 130k would get the big boys a quick sale with no benefit for us

Unread 07-04-2021, 10:06 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
King of beers
Like having sex on a boat.

Unread 07-04-2021, 10:08 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed View Post
Like having sex on a boat.

Unread 07-04-2021, 10:21 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post
While we are on about dogs, what about the current trend for calling them human names?

Back in the olden days when I was in M23 we had shandy, rowdy, sabre and patch on our road

Nowadays I have met with people with dogs called Brian, Albert and Suzie

Iirc MNIK had a dog called Yvonne

c***s...they are f***ing dogs not your children
Brian will be a Family Guy reference fwiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al View Post

Unread 08-04-2021, 08:23 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho77 View Post
Had ours valued by a National Estate agent who valued it at 130k which surprised me so went to a local Estate agent who valued it at 170k which is a massive difference. Didn't know who to believe until the estate agent showed me similar properties in our area that had gone for 170 k also their fees were 1% as opposed to 2% with the national one. Obviously the 130k would get the big boys a quick sale with no benefit for us
Hold on, let me check that....

Yeah, I make it around forty grand; you getting the same thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
Like dogs a lot, but the number of people with them these days is loco. Both sides now have a lock down pup. All the gardens at the back have at least one. Over the road, 2 diagonal left and 1 diagonal right. Think minesweeper and that square with a mine in every next square

They been barking like fork tonight. No way the fat mess is taking his out for a cold 6am winter walk when she's finally off furlough. Lockdowns the new Christmas
Ah mate. Now youíve reminded me of the only serious aggro Iíve had with a neighbour in 20 years living on this street. Used to let the f***ing thing out after 9pm and let the bastard bark for half an hour. At that time I was getting up at 4.30 am. Went on for about 6 months, selfish c***s. Steamed over there one night, ended up nose to nose.

Anyway, thanks for aggravating me all over again.

Unread 08-04-2021, 09:36 AM
beersexchipsgravy

Realising there'll be no "Beasts of Aintree" thread

Unread 08-04-2021, 11:37 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99 View Post
Hold on, let me check that....

Yeah, I make it around forty grand; you getting the same thing?

Ah mate. Now youíve reminded me of the only serious aggro Iíve had with a neighbour in 20 years living on this street. Used to let the f***ing thing out after 9pm and let the bastard bark for half an hour. At that time I was getting up at 4.30 am. Went on for about 6 months, selfish c***s. Steamed over there one night, ended up nose to nose.

Anyway, thanks for aggravating me all over again.

Never had utd99ers down as a hard nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by beersexchipsgravy View Post
Realising there'll be no "Beasts of Aintree" thread

Maybe there is scope for a Beasts of April 12th thread. Few live reporters from here

Unread 08-04-2021, 07:38 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post

Never had utd99ers down as a hard nut
Itís the quiet intellectuals you need to look out for mate.

Unread 11-04-2021, 09:36 PM
Pancho77

People who mock death

We have just seen examples of this with the recent passing of Prince Philip

Shallow individuals who think they are soooo cooooll