United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 07-04-2021, 11:00 PM
Kent Brockman

My daughter lived just off Beechwood Avenue when she was at St Mary's. Some of the neighbours were 'interesting'. Quite a change from the leafy Lanes of Donegal. She then moved to the Malone Road area and started to get ideas above her station.

Unread 07-04-2021, 11:14 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger View Post
Fair play you must be doing alright buying round there
Basically owe nothing on the house we are in and should get 180k or so. Mortgage on top of that and Bob's your uncle.

Unread 07-04-2021, 11:34 PM
est.1878

Thumbs up

I move about more than an aborigine

Don't bother with boxes, Get IKEA bags or these and rep me later.

https://www.desertcart.com.kw/produc...0-x-38-x-49-cm

Unread 08-04-2021, 05:33 AM
Patty_b

The estate agents have been the only decent part for us so far, which is a nice surprise. They're going to have to have their work cut out keeping our buyer happy keen while the sellers solicitors try their best to f*** everything up.

Unread 08-04-2021, 07:56 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
I move about more than an aborigine

Don't bother with boxes, Get IKEA bags or these and rep me later.

https://www.desertcart.com.kw/produc...0-x-38-x-49-cm
How would you get a king size bed in one of those pol?

Unread 08-04-2021, 07:58 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella View Post
How would you get a king size bed in one of those pol?
Same way you don't put it in a cardboard box

Unread 08-04-2021, 08:00 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
Same way you don't put it in a cardboard box

Unread 08-04-2021, 09:41 AM
HarkNowHear

I moved from a 2nd floor flat in M22 the last time I moved. It was during a petrol strike. The guy I was using was a man and van plus a tenner for an extra hand from Salford. He rang me on the morning not sure he had enough fuel but will let me know

Couldnít find the Allen key to take the bed apart, had to use a chisel.

Thankfully had nowt worth breaking or robbing, my mates and the Salford removals men worked their spuds off .

Never again though, Iíll stick with the shopping trolley and settee in the front garden.

Unread 08-04-2021, 11:20 AM
FraUtd

One we didn't realise until moving day, removals firms aren't normally insured to go up a ladder into your attic, if you have stuff up there
Didn't matter that it was floored, more to do with injury on a ladder or something

We had a ton of stuff and had to pass it down to them on the landing, added a fair chunk of time
If you've stuff up there, see if you can get it down beforehand

And don't bother with B&Q packing boxes, too flimsy and started falling apart mid move
Used mostly decent boxes from stores in work, but thought the b&q ones would fill a gap, waste of effort though

Unread 08-04-2021, 11:23 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraUtd View Post
One we didn't realise until moving day, removals firms aren't normally insured to go up a ladder into your attic, if you have stuff up there
Didn't matter that it was floored, more to do with injury on a ladder or something

We had a ton of stuff and had to pass it down to them on the landing, added a fair chunk of time
If you've stuff up there, see if you can get it down beforehand

And don't bother with B&Q packing boxes, too flimsy and started falling apart mid move
Used mostly decent boxes from stores in work, but thought the b&q ones would fill a gap, waste of effort though
Cheers.

We have a full staircase up to attic bedroom so we're sweet there. Sister moved last year and has loads of decent storage boxes for us.