United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 10-08-2018, 08:51 PM
Tiberian

Good start, a few moments at the end, crap middle.

Bailly is a whirlwind, love it, my new Rafa, warts and all. Fred has been good. Perreria has quality on the ball but is being played around a little too easily. Some decent moments from Shaw getting forward is probably when the team has looked most cohesive.

Maguire has an amazing trick of taking 8 seconds to play a ball he could play in 2, with plenty of pointing time, and turns like a lard dump truck, but £70 mill now.

Drexl

Looking forward to kicking the other way so I can get a propoh beak at Pog's stars

saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
we're nowhere near clinical or incisive enough to play on the break. We're £#%&!ing shit at it.
Mous fault that Rashford Sanchez and Mata havent done much.

Unread 10-08-2018, 08:52 PM
puressence

Maddison having a belter need cover for Damian sweet jesus him and mata decent tempo liking fred coyr

Unread 10-08-2018, 08:52 PM
plopborsky

its strange because when we do get the ball in the other teams half we look dangerous just need to get the ball to stick and not sit so £#%&!ing deep

Unread 10-08-2018, 08:53 PM
ziggyman17

This sitting back inviting pressure is annoying.. It would be a good tactic if we broke with pace, but moving like snails is not good..

Unread 10-08-2018, 08:54 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Mous fault that Rashford Sanchez and Mata havent done much.
No, I just think we always look a team who are surprised when the other team get about us. You can tell our fowards are used to training against passive, shit defenders because they always come off 2nd best against aggressive defenders.

If we were good at quick, sharp passing we'd £#%&!ing murder these, but we aren't. We dawdle on the ball, take too many touches and i honestly don't think rashford has a clue what he's doing up front on his own.

Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
its strange because when we do get the ball in the other teams half we look dangerous just need to get the ball to stick and not sit so £#%&!ing deep
We're playing 3 offensive midfielders. The defence have pretty much no cover so they're dominating midfield and are able to press our defence.

We need Matic back. I'd have played Herrera instead of Pereira.

redhegemony

They have charged about closing down we haven't we clinical enough with the passing. Lots of positives Bailly, Shaw , Fred DDG Pogba.

Disjointed between midfield and attack. Be good to see Martial and Lukaku on for Mata and Rashford.

Unread 10-08-2018, 08:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Maddison having a belter need cover for Damian sweet jesus him and mata decent tempo liking fred coyr
of course he is, premier league debut at United he's trying his %@#$&!s off. He'll be utterly anonymous come December.

My Name is Keith

They’ve not had much to go off but rashers and Sanchez have been bobbins.

Leicester the better team

Like the look of Fred - unorthodox but a bit of energy in there which we’ve lacked.

They all lack sharpness though whereas Leicester are fizzing. Not necessarily at the slit but still.

ScholesGingerSheen

People trying to talk up Bailly and Lindelof, if Jones or Smalling had been as far away from Maddison as Lindelof was on Dave's save, the board would be full of why is that @#%&! still our starting centre half.

Got to the bar late so didn't see first 5 minutes, genuinely didn't know Sanchez was playing until about 20 minutes in,, he's like a Latino Garry Birtles.

Unread 10-08-2018, 08:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
We're playing 3 offensive midfielders. The defence have pretty much no cover so they're dominating midfield and are able to press our defence.

We need Matic back. I'd have played Herrera instead of Pereira.
Herrera is injured

redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
we're nowhere near clinical or incisive enough to play on the break. We're £#%&!ing shit at it.
We would be with Fred and Pogba driving forward and a fron 3 of Sanchez lukaku and martial .

Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Herrera instead of Pereira.
so would I, but he did his hammo apprently

Unread 10-08-2018, 08:59 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
We would be with Fred and Pogba driving forward and a fron 3 of Sanchez lukaku and martial .
How's the bar?

Unread 10-08-2018, 08:59 PM
My Name is Keith

Too early to say how average or bad we are but I’ll be delighted with any sort of win today.

Atmosphere surprisingly alright tbh.

Unread 10-08-2018, 09:00 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Too early to say how average or bad we are but I’ll be delighted with any sort of win today.
yeah i am with you on this one i have seen us play great and start the season well and not get 3 points

Unread 10-08-2018, 09:01 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
This.

Pereira looking ok but nervous, pogbas first football match for a month, freds barely played since injury in brazils world cup build up. Not ideal. Big 3 points here, need to push hard for a 2nd goal get lukaku and tony on.

Unread 10-08-2018, 09:01 PM
Sparky***

This is basically exactly how we've been pre season