Closed Thread

Unread 01-06-2022, 05:48 AM
Drexl

Default Debt in Football

No idea if this is true or not, but it opened my eyes

AC MIlan

Unread 01-06-2022, 07:07 AM
believe

I wonder if the other nine use it as an excuse for being shit and whine about it constantly.

Unread 01-06-2022, 07:07 AM
AK14

Barca

Is that why they can’t register Kessie and the CB they signed from Chelsea?

Unread 01-06-2022, 07:09 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I wonder if the other nine use it as an excuse for being shit and whine about it constantly.
are you saying Manchester Uniteds level of debt is acceptable to you?

Unread 01-06-2022, 07:14 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
are you saying Manchester Uniteds level of debt is acceptable to you?
No

Unread 01-06-2022, 07:51 AM
Jethro

Had no idea about any club apart from us

Unread 01-06-2022, 08:36 AM
Pop

How the hell are Juve so much in debt? Biggest fanbase in Italian football. They don't buy players, just hoover them up on free transfers, don't pay premier league-esque wages, their stadium cost them a relatively paltry €155m, no wonder they're so desperate to force a European Super League.

Unread 01-06-2022, 08:38 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
How the hell are Juve so much in debt? Biggest fanbase in Italian football. They don't buy players, just hoover them up on free transfers, don't pay premier league-esque wages, their stadium cost them a relatively paltry €155m, no wonder they're so desperate to force a European Super League.
They do mad shit like putting Ramsey on about £450,000 per week for a few years and never playing him.

Also, I think the TV money is crap over there but they still spend massive amounts of cash.

Unread 01-06-2022, 08:43 AM
Chorlton74

The team at number 6 no doubt has another bail out on the cards.

Unread 01-06-2022, 08:50 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
They do mad shit like putting Ramsey on about £450,000 per week for a few years and never playing him.

Also, I think the TV money is crap over there but they still spend massive amounts of cash.
I always assumed that was bullshit.
Aaron Ramsey ffs. They couldn't have? He could possibly have been in the top three highest paid players in the world at the time

Unread 01-06-2022, 09:05 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
I always assumed that was bullshit.
Aaron Ramsey ffs. They couldn't have? He could possibly have been in the top three highest paid players in the world at the time
I think he's on about half that or less. About 150k.

And aren't Rangers paying one third of that for him to come off the bench and miss a penalty in the biggest game of their recent history? Mental

Just read that Juve are ready to "rip up his contract" anyway

Unread 01-06-2022, 09:22 AM
Rorschach

It is the nature and not the level of our debt that is the issue.

It is not trading debt, as Manchester United continues to be a very viable business.

It is acquisition debt, the price we paid and still owe for the privilege of being taken over by Malcolm Glazer and his lineal descendants.

If that isn't unpalatable enough, you could look at the amount of money they have taken out of the very viable business over the last 17 years for that same privilege.

But yeah, other than that, it's all whining and excuses.

Unread 01-06-2022, 09:37 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
It is the nature and not the level of our debt that is the issue.

It is not trading debt, as Manchester United continues to be a very viable business.

It is acquisition debt, the price we paid and still owe for the privilege of being taken over by Malcolm Glazer and his lineal descendants.

If that isn't unpalatable enough, you could look at the amount of money they have taken out of the very viable business over the last 17 years for that same privilege.

But yeah, other than that, it's all whining and excuses.
This. Every other club gambled to get in the debt. Players, wages, stadiums etc. we did none of the above and are still £#%&!ed. And that figure tells less than the whole story of the £1.3bn it took to maintain that debt level, and what maintaining that debt forced us to do and not to do with regards to the team/club infrastructure. The debt has forced an awful lot of the ridiculous decisions we ‘whine’ about.

£#%&!ing scandalous.

Unread 01-06-2022, 09:38 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

Unread 01-06-2022, 09:39 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I think he's on about half that or less. About 150k.

And aren't Rangers paying one third of that for him to come off the bench and miss a penalty in the biggest game of their recent history? Mental

Just read that Juve are ready to "rip up his contract" anyway
Don’t you dare do it United!…

Unread 01-06-2022, 09:40 AM
Pop

£#%&! me €323m wage bill!

Unread 01-06-2022, 09:56 AM
jem

the difference is that united's debt is the glazers' debt. and we got nothing for it. why would barca complain about receiving shitloads of money?

Unread 01-06-2022, 10:03 AM
dunk

Interesting the dippers aren’t far behind us. Were they leveraged too? They’ve not exactly spent the Earth and have recouped plenty, their wages are low-ish and haven’t done anything stadium-wise..

If we were to spend that €420m on players, wisely, we’d be flying for the foreseeable..

Unread 01-06-2022, 10:27 AM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Interesting the dippers aren’t far behind us. Were they leveraged too? They’ve not exactly spent the Earth and have recouped plenty, their wages are low-ish and haven’t done anything stadium-wise..

If we were to spend that €420m on players, wisely, we’d be flying for the foreseeable..
I agree with most of that but the bold bit isn't quite accurate. They extended one stand in recent years and are in the process of doing another right now.

(No idea what impact this has had on their accounts though and given that they only had to demolish all the properties on a couple of local streets to get the land they needed, it's probably negligible. )

Unread 01-06-2022, 10:33 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
I agree with most of that but the bold bit isn't quite accurate. They extended one stand in recent years and are in the process of doing another right now.

(No idea what impact this has had on their accounts though and given that they only had to demolish all the properties on a couple of local streets to get the land they needed, it's probably negligible. )
I didn’t realise they’d done that, I thought they were still begging the local council for a new one.
Closed Thread